NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Just hope the net code is decent this time around. Brawl had terrible online play.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You do remember who's making this game right?

101.gif

Namco Bandai?

zlCfzRLeZtour3ichd

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

God I hope it doesn't get changed, that meteor smash effect is one of the main reasons why Toon Link was wayyy better than Link in Brawl.

Link has been pathetically underpowered ever since SSBM. He desperately needs a power boost!

That's a nice buff to Link and it sounds like it has strict timing since it has to be at the very start of his attack so it sounds fair to me... I have trouble landing his down air attack at all so I doubt I'll be pulling off the meteor smash.

zlCfzRLeZtour3ichd

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

Hope they aren't going to do this!

Edited by Rummy

zlCfzRLiq-8CbV9B-2

"Pic of the day. Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!"

Now where's Chrom!!!

I'm surprised that they're basing his SSB4 design on New Mystery of the Emblem rather than Fire Emblem Awakening. Guess they still consider his identity to be a spoiler, no matter how painfully obvious it is... (either that or they just want to carry on the tradition of teasing us with references to games that never got a western release :blank: )

Namco Bandai?

And with them on board I'm confident in that we'll get a smooth & robust online service.

I'm liking his redesign. He looks a bit more manly now.

I thought they made him look more girly. ::shrug:

I'm surprised that they're basing his SSB4 design on New Mystery of the Emblem rather than Fire Emblem Awakening. Guess they still consider his identity to be a spoiler, no matter how painfully obvious it is... (either that or they just want to carry on the tradition of teasing us with references to games that never got a western release :blank: )

They could always include the Awakening version as an alt, kinda like the Wii Fit Trainer.

I meant his entire body. He seems a bit more 'filled out' when compared to his Melee & Brawl models. Oh well, he's always had a feminine demeanor.

Also on his redesign, I think that they chose this because they want him to stay true to his past Smash Bros attire but at the same time he'll be different to Chrom when he's eventually revealed. What about Lucina? I doubt that she'll be represented as an alt costume to THIS Marth. Her body is a lot more petit.

Lucina_official_art.jpg

Oh, yeah. I see what you mean now.

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Marth_01.jpg

Compared to his Brawl design, I like his new one better.

I'm expecting that they'll continue to cover returning characters before they start unveiling anymore newcomers (add to the hype when the release date draws near?).

Here are the remaining Smash Bros. veterans that are still waiting for confirmation:

-Captain Falcon

-Ness

-Falco

-Yoshi

-Ganandorf

-Ice Climbers

-Jigglypuff

-Mr Game & Watch

__________________________________________________________________________________________

From Gonintendo via Kotaku

"My office hours are up to me. So long as I complete the new Smash Bros., I could show up only once a week, or only at night, or even telecommute if I wanted to."

- Sakurai still shows up for work at 10AM every day

- nothing goes into Smash Bros. without his approval

"It's just as important to check the specifications behind the development of things like graphics, sound, motions, characters, stages, game modes, and UI, not just the products themselves."

Edited by -Dem0-

While I think Marth looks like a J-Pop idol now more than ever, I also think he looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see if we'll see any changes to his playstyle.

Also, yay for Fire Emblem :yay: Should be interesting to see what kind of music, stages, assist trophies, etc. we'll see from that series, considering its recent boost in popularity.

King DeDeDe better make a return though!

I do wonder though, if we might get a Diddy/Dixie combo when Tropical Freeze finally makes its way into stores.

zlCfzRLm1b8NAo6VOg

"Pic of the day. We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games."

I always preferred Roy over Marth. Don't see why we can't have both. There'll be another Fire Emblem character, just a question of who.

I always preferred Roy over Marth. Don't see why we can't have both. There'll be another Fire Emblem character, just a question of who.

Not really a question, it'll be Chrom for sure. They always have Marth and the protagonist from the latest FE game.

On second thought, I'd vote for Tharja and we haven't had a female Fire Emblem character yet so bring it.

ku-xlarge.jpg

MMMmmm! Lickilicious!!!

Not really a question, it'll be Chrom for sure. They always have Marth and the protagonist from the latest FE game.

Actually, Roy wasn't the latest FE protagonist at the time, since Sword of Seals hadn't been released yet (his Melee design is different fro his final design, even). Furthermore, the actual latest Fire Emblem at the time of Brawl's release was Radiant Dawn, and not only was Micaiah nowhere to be seen, Ike was sporting his young, Path of Radiance look.

Essentially, Roy got in as publicity, Ike got in due to actual popularity.

All of that said, I'm sure Chrom will get in by virtue of starring in what might just be the most successful Fire Emblem of all time. I'd love to see some more variety (Hector, Lyn, Ephraim, Micaiah, Elincia, Tibarn, etc.), but if we get Marth, Ike and Chrom, I won't complain.

I'm expecting that they'll continue to cover returning characters before they start unveiling anymore newcomers (add to the hype when the release date draws near?).

Here are the remaining Smash Bros. veterans that are still waiting for confirmation:

-Captain Falcon

-Ness

-Falco

-Yoshi

-Ganandorf

-Ice Climbers

-Jigglypuff

-Mr Game & Watch

What is your definition of veteran, Dem0, being in more than one prequel to the new instalment?