NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Sig7UmV.jpg

"Pic of the day. There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break."

qlMiA2Z.jpg

"Pic of the day. Yar, I wants to watch some o' that Smash action, too, ye great beast!"

Nintendo clarify release date...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/10/super-smash-bros-launching-in-spring-2014

Update: Nintendo told IGN, "There seems to be some buzz online today about the launch date of Super Smash Bros. We would like to clarify that the speculation about a Spring 2014 launch date for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U was the result of a misquotation in an interview. The original article has since been rectified and we have no further announcements to make at this time."

The original article now states "the next year" rather than specifying Spring.

Calling it now... June 27th 2014 which would be the six year anniversary of Super Smash Bros Brawl's release in Europe. : peace:

I have a feeling that the game has a lot more development to be done so it won't be coming out until near the end of 2014... Plus Brawl came out in February I think for Japan, there's no way Smash Bros Wii U is coming out February 2014 and I don't think Nintendo cares enough about Europe to release the new Smash Bros on the anniversary of Brawl. I hope you guys can prove me wrong but I'm just gonna be real pessimistic with the release date so when they finally announce it I can be excited

I personally assume when you pick up Brawl, there will be Christmas items for sale alongside it.

I predict it will be out in spring..in the next financial year (so March-April 2015).

I think it will be their big Christmas 2014 game (DKC in Feb/March, Mario Kart in May, Yoshi in Autumn?).

I don't know what that game would be otherwise because surely we'd have heard about that one by now.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dunno why, maybe because of Brawl, but I feel like SSB's a summer release. Tbh I think the shitty naming is very shitty though, it needs something like 'Melee' or 'Brawl' to define it - I basically refer to it as the next 'Brawl' because that became synonymous with/for Smash for me. I also hope to goddamn fuck they don't mug us off with some 3 month gap again trying to anniversary releases in all territories - if there's one game that needs/deserves a worldwide release then it's Smash!

I always predicted a Q3/4 2013 release at the earliest, and Q2 2015 at the latest.

sjkSzkb.jpg

"Pic of the day. Dismantle! Unite!! Yellow Devil!!!"

I think it will be their big Christmas 2014 game (DKC in Feb/March, Mario Kart in May, Yoshi in Autumn?).

I don't know what that game would be otherwise because surely we'd have heard about that one by now.

Like we had heard about Mario 3D World last year? ;)

I get the feeling Smash Bros. 4 is much closer to completion than most people think. A huge amount of groundwork must have been easily completed thanks to the previous versions, then it's really just a case of working in additional characters, stages and game mechanics. So yeah, I'm predicting/hoping this'll be an early 2014 game.

The big Christmas 2014 game will surely be a surprise announcement around e3 time, just like SM3DW was this year. :)

I get the feeling Smash Bros. 4 is much closer to completion than most people think. A huge amount of groundwork must have been easily completed thanks to the previous versions, then it's really just a case of working in additional characters, stages and game mechanics. So yeah, I'm predicting/hoping this'll be an early 2014 game.

The big Christmas 2014 game will surely be a surprise announcement around e3 time, just like SM3DW was this year. :)

My gut says Smash will release end of 2014, but then again, I don't think Nintendo see Smash as a holiday title. That's more of a spot for Mario and Zelda titles most of the time.... (or Wii Music/Animal crossing...) Hmmm ::shrug:

drIe598.jpg

"Pic of the Day. The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face."

They need to add a cat one.

Grumpy-Cat-in-Space.jpg

@RedShell I agree that this should come sooner than Christmas. Nintendo need to keep things flowing in regards to software and hopefully this is the big hitter after Mario Kart. They need titles like Smash in the market to entice potential Wii U owners. Next Christmas the PS4/XBone will be coming to fruition so the better library of games/users the Wii U has, the better a proposition it will be for the consumer.

drIe598.jpg

"Pic of the Day. The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face."

Ahahaha! That is so good! :laughing:

Can't wait to see it in motion.

I hate dogs, this game has been ruined for me. ****ing throwing my Wii U in the bin now