NEurope
Ashley

Nintendo's Conference - Tuesday 7th 5pm/6pm

And of course, some even wiser ass had to complain about the complaining about the complainers and as such I like you less than I like the complainers that complain about the...where was I again?

You won. I can't compete with comments like that. Comments that copy the past comment and add more of the same words isn't possible to counter.

Joke aside, I meant what I said. I don't see the purpose of attacking people who aren't happy. 1, their complaints are valid, 2, they have the right to complain and 3 it doesn't mean they're not happy about other things. This is not North Korea.

That said. I'm quite happy with what I've seen. Was worried there was no new console attached, but since that is confirmed Nintendo can take my money. It should have a large hhd and online system that at least equals PS3/360, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have that in this day and age. The controller looks great to me, I doubt it's going to dissapoint.

I'm complaining because it's all well and good saying what it can do but you should at least back it up with actual software to demonstrate, software that will make it to release!

^ It's a year away!

Yup.

I think people need to remember that this E3 was just a tease, a taste of things to come. It was to get the controller in the public eye while at the same time show gamers that a decent online system is on the way and 3rd parties are on board. Next year will be the full blow out or if we're lucky maybe a little more info before the end of the year.

Anyone been wondering about this issue...

Exactly what games are going to be playable on JUST the controller screen...when HALF THE APPEAL OF THE CONSOLE IS THE GAMEPLAY FROM CONTROLLER + TV?

Actually, this is quite good for me. I play alot more handheld gaming than console gaming nowadays so I quite like the idea. Not sure how it will work with every game going by the trailer, looked like you need to play some games on the TV and use the screen on the controller.

I was only kidding with my comments :heh:

I'm not attacking anybody, am just looking on the bright side. This could be and seems to be a step in the right direction towards winning back core gamers, and I just don't see the point of bitching about it until you see more of what it can do, which to be honest, probably won't happen until E3 2012. People were complaining after seeing Wind Waker for the first time at Spaceworld '01 or the Wiimote at GDC 05 without having good reason to and I just think that far too many people jump to conclusions.

I agree with what kav has said, but I wouldn't really worry about Wii U until next year's showing. People were worried about Wii not being HD at E3 05, but the following year, it got rave reviews from the journalists. At least Wii U will be playable this year so we'll at least get a small taster of what it can do, not to mention the stuff that will be shown behind closed doors.

And after all this, if you're still not happy, you are free to go and do your gaming elsewhere. You don't owe Nintendo anything, it's not like you're being forced to buy it.

Looking back on this whole experience. I feel the conferences and announcements would have been a lot better if it wasn't for all the fanboy BS!

Seriously fanboys, fuck off somewhere else, you're slowing down my internet connection.

Nintendo have quarterly shareholder/retail meetings to show off their upcoming releases so any internally developed Wii U titles will get shown off at one of those. I think Nintendo were keen to give the third party games some time in the spot light, and rightly so - now I'll be happy to wait for the Wii U versions of Arkham City and Dirt, instead of getting them on 360.

I'm not worrying about WiiU at all, I do believe it'll be great, but that doesn't stop the reveal being underwhelming.

Next year will certainly be interesting. Then, the WiiU might have to compete with a "XBox720" for attention and maybe even a "PS4". Nintendo will actually have to show off things that they proposed this year, like the video chat, the drawing application, online stuff etc.. And some actual games of their own, of course. ;)

How this stacks up against the new consoles from them will be a good test. Worrying too. Nintendo could find themseleves in EXACTLY the same position!

How this stacks up against the new consoles from them will be a good test. Worrying too. Nintendo could find themseleves in EXACTLY the same position!

There's reasonable hope it won't be remotely as bad - if the WiiU does outpower the PS360 reasonable enough to render current gen games at 1080p or at least at higher frame rates. There is just no way to tell atm.

It might be a naive to go by this, but the only indicator is the Box's size so far and even that is unknown. From the images it looks like a slightly chubby Wii, but there was no way of telling how long it is. It's definitely no current gaming PC. :heh:

Edited by Burny

Why is the 3DS board down? I want to post this there, but can't:

Anyways, the video has the US e-store and it's SHIT LOADS better than our. How irritating. The big list of search stuff on the homepage hub is loads better, and they have shit loads of videos and screenshots of future games etc etc Stop fucking us over Nintendo and get the content over!! :)

Why is the 3DS board down? I want to post this there, but can't:

Anyways, the video has the US e-store and it's SHIT LOADS better than our. How irritating. The big list of search stuff on the homepage hub is loads better, and they have shit loads of videos and screenshots of future games etc etc Stop fucking us over Nintendo and get the content over!! :)

We had more content at first. But we should get E3 stuff soon.

Is Nintendo.com down? Can't get in, I need to look up an error code. don't know where else to ask.

Can't wait to see the videos in 3D :) Right, I'm off to download all my free stuff from my playstation as I play Super Mario World on the 3DS... Need my brain to settle.

Shit... my girlfriends home in a bit and I've done nothing I said I would!

Like some others, I don't know how I feel. I've not been in from work for that long, and E3 conferences are always overwhelming, but I agree with what kav82 is saying. The actual Wii U I don't think I have any problems with, but it doesn't seem like this was a great show.

If you're going to focus on a new console, it's best to have loads of games to show, like they did last year with the 3DS, or like the showreel when they unveiled the GameCube. So far I'm getting an uneasy "Wii" vibe from it, or even that Nintendo aren't being very focused. The demos looked unbelievably gimmicky.

Anyway, I'd better sleep on it. Let's hope there are some really good 3DS games at the conference in general.

I heard it is one tablet controller per console. As in one player gets it only and all the others have to play on Wii motes. I don't know if it's bad translation or something but they say it won't be sold separately. If that's true, it means no per controller splitscreen, and no extra features for player two.

If this is true I'm a little disappointed.

I heard it is one tablet controller per console. As in one player gets it only and all the others have to play on Wii motes. I don't know if it's bad translation or something but they say it won't be sold separately. If that's true, it means no per controller splitscreen, and no extra features for player two.

If this is true I'm a little disappointed.

Wiimote still being the main controller in non-single player games is very disappointing... Might be forced to used a wiimote in smash bros(shudder).

Wiimote still being the main controller in non-single player games is very disappointing... Might be forced to used a wiimote in smash bros(shudder).

Classic Controller

Classic Controller

I think they really need to release a new Classic Controller Pro (when the WiiU is released), one that can connect to the console directly without being tethered to a Wiimote. Also, swap the left analogue and d-pad, please!

It isn't explicitly only one Wii U controller per console, just so you know.

I think they really need to release a new Classic Controller Pro (when the WiiU is released), one that can connect to the console directly without being tethered to a Wiimote. Also, swap the left analogue and d-pad, please!

Agreed. The Classic Controller shouldn't have been wired in the first place, let alone the Pro