N-Europe

Hitman: Absolution

Cube

Almost certainly a different clique of people who made the trailer, right? Big-budget 21st century developers likely have their own marketing divisions.

You're more of an industry analyst than me, though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer itself will have been handled by Visual Works — the team that handle Final Fantasy's CGI — but my point is that this is the messaging everyone involved has agreed upon. I understand why it is the way it is, but that doesn't mean I have to like such barefaced cynicism.

For comparison, look back at the

and
trailers.

I hate that trailer and if you like that trailer you are part of a problem, the problem, and a whole host of other problems around at the moment.

I mean, just no. Just fucking no. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong bloody idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm getting it, but I'm a bit more wary than you. Reviews like the PC Gamer one don't exactly make this sound like the sequel to Blood Money that I wanted. :sad:

I saw one person ask a guy who'd reviewed the game if it was really true that everything you've done up to that point in a level resets when you load a checkpoint, and he said that it was, but that's really only an issue if you go back. And why would you ever want to go back?

... In a Hitman game.

Edited by Magnus

I'm probably going to get it in the new year, got enough games to clear out before getting new ones.

Mainly Halo 4, NBA 2K13 and Assassins Creed III. But once thats done, this will be purchased. It does look pretty good and it's one game i'm looking forward to playing.

Been playing it myself and it's great! When they say that there are countless ways to go about each assassination, they aren't kidding!

It might be more linearity designed than past games, but the sheer depth of the level/scenario design more than makes up for it :)

The Library level is simply frustrating when it comes to using stealth. Everyone is watching everyone else, so the moment you kill someone, someone else sees it. Bloodbath mode ACTIVATE.

But the beginning level was shocking! Kill Diane! That's a twist you would expect at the end of a game.