N-Europe

Star Wars Blu-Ray Details Announced

Cube

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just make the whole series CGI, Toy Story, in a galaxy far far away.

I can't recall any movie series having 3 releases in the cinema

I believe the shitty Rocky Horror Picture Show holds the record for constant cinema release.

Pretty sure its fine as is with a cult following.

hmmm plenty of shit things have cult following...

(for the record, I'm kinda meh about Rocky Horror its alright and what it does and stuff but not my kinda thing, despite having watching both film and a stage version of it)

• 3 months later...

I really wish they would stop screwing with the things that made the film cutting edge at the time. Puppet Yoda always seemed better to me and as someone mentioned, the absolute travesty that was cutting the original Anekin (sp?) out of the final scenes in RotJ.

The "Ben Kenobi's ALL NEW Kryat Dragon call" is no doubt the funniest thing I have encountered all year

Same here, took me well by surprise.

I really wish they would stop screwing with the things that made the film cutting edge at the time. Puppet Yoda always seemed better to me and as someone mentioned, the absolute travesty that was cutting the original Anekin (sp?) out of the final scenes in RotJ.

Nah, puppet Yoda was barely acceptable at the time (especially with all the hard CGI work going into all the other characters), and then you see pr0 CGI Yoda bouncing around in Attack of The Clones, you have to feel some effort was left out.

That and they can give the Trade Federation some proper fucking mouth movement also.

To be honest I always found it awkward that he just suddenly lifted up the Emperor and threw him down. I like the new version.

Same here, either they gave some thought or just cut it down a bit. As I said on Facebook to someone, it'd look better if Vader was saying to the Emperor "Enough." and then with Palpatine not listening decided to stop it himself.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from Yahoo!'s Most controversial Star Wars changes of all time

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/252599/most-controversial-star-wars-changes-of-all-time.html

Boba sounds different ('Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back', 2004 DVD Box Set)

Thinking that Boba Fett must sound exactly like his dad, Jango (from 'Attack Of The Clones'), is ridiculous. Nonetheless, Lucas went ahead and overdubbed all of Jason Wingreen's's original dialogue with new recordings by Jango Fett actor Temuera Morrison. No-one has ever understood why.

People didn't understand that he wasn't his son, but a clone who wasn't given growth acceleration. It's perfectly fucking understandable and logical why he would sound the same.

Taken from Yahoo!'s Most controversial Star Wars changes of all time

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/252599/most-controversial-star-wars-changes-of-all-time.html

Boba sounds different ('Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back', 2004 DVD Box Set)

Thinking that Boba Fett must sound exactly like his dad, Jango (from 'Attack Of The Clones'), is ridiculous. Nonetheless, Lucas went ahead and overdubbed all of Jason Wingreen's's original dialogue with new recordings by Jango Fett actor Temuera Morrison. No-one has ever understood why.

People didn't understand that he wasn't his son, but a clone who wasn't given growth acceleration. It's perfectly fucking understandable and logical why he would sound the same.

Yeah but aren't all of the Storm Troopers supposed to be Jango Fett clones as well? So by the same logic, they should replace all of the Storm Troopers' voices as well.

But that's really beside the point, it's pretty disrespectful to the original actor who played Boba Fett.

Ditto. I prefered it without the stupid "NOOO's". It actually made you think that Vader was thinking about it, then deciding to do it. Like a "should i, shouldn't i" moment.

I also hate he idea of seeing vader say 'Nooooo' that scene alone made RoTJ a great movie the scene where you see him watch his son and then the emperor killing him. You didn't need to be told that vader was deciding right then and there on what to do, his love for his son or the loyalty of the emperor, that silence was needed.

Watch out next edition I am sure Vader will say 'Noooo I shall not see you destroy my son so I must kill you to save him' or some crap like that.

Yeah but aren't all of the Storm Troopers supposed to be Jango Fett clones as well? So by the same logic, they should replace all of the Storm Troopers' voices as well.

The cloning facilities were destroyed before Episode 4. While some Storm Troopers may still be clones, many would be recruits.

Edit:

CGI Jabba confronts Han

('Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope', Trilogy Special Edition, 1997)

Back in 1976, this confrontation between Jabba and Han at the Millenium Falcon's launch bay was filmed with a guy in a big fur coat playing Jabba. The plan was to add a stop motion Hutt later, but the idea was scrapped because of budget constraints. Luckily (or maybe not) the advent of affordable CGI meant an animated Jabba was added in 1997. Sadly it looks nothing like the puppet we see in 'Return of the Jedi', and animators tried to cover one of many moments where Ford moves into the space the animation occupies by having him 'stand on Jabba's tail'. Comedy genius. Or maybe not.

Erm...I'd rather poor CGI than wondering why Jabba has transformed from a fat man into a giant slug.

Edited by Cube

The cloning facilities were destroyed before Episode 4. While some Storm Troopers may still be clones, many would be recruits.

Edit:

Erm...I'd rather poor CGI than wondering why Jabba has transformed from a fat man into a giant slug.

I'd like to know Jabba's diet, check his size in Episode I for the pod race. Then see the tiny fuck he is in Episode IV, then he piles on the pounds for Return of the Jedi.