N-Europe

Bin Laden is Dead

Platty

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main reason I believe the US Government on this on is that, if he died earlier, they gain nothing by saying they shot him. The potential reprisals are huge, compared to saying "Yeah, we found his body". Hell, if they said they'd found him dead, I'd be skeptical and would think they'd killed him and were covering.

Seriously, Mad Monkey, listen to Cicero: Cui bono? Who benefits?

The situation over here is like that time everyone thought the war in Iraq would be over after they caught Saddam. Or how Islam would vanish after burning a copy of the Qur'an. Or how America was reborn with a black man assuming presidency.

The situation over here is like that time everyone thought the war in Iraq would be over after they caught Saddam. Or how Islam would vanish after burning a copy of the Qur'an. Or how America was reborn with a black man assuming presidency.

Like the time you created the image topic?

Simile, don't you mean metaphor?

Yeah, got them confused. Sorry 'bout that. My point still holds.

Bin Laden was located at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, which was monitored and when the time was determined to be right, the president said, he authorized a "targeted operation."

"A small team of Americans carried out the operation," Obama said. "After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."

DNA testing confirmed that it was bin Laden, sources told ABC News.

Obama said tonight that he was briefed last August on a possible but "far from certain" lead to bin Laden, but it took many months for the intelligence community to "run this thread to ground."

Source

The death of a sister of Osama bin Laden at Massachusetts General Hospital allowed the United States to confirm bin Laden's death, ABC News reported.

When his sister died in Boston, tissue from her body was taken by government officials for DNA testing, ABC News correspondent Brian Ross reported.

A source told NewsCenter 5 that bin Laden's sister died in Boston about a year ago.

The tissue sample was used to match the DNA found on the man killed by special forces troops who conducted the raid on bin Laden's Pakistani compound.

Source

Enough to convince me that it was him.

Edited by drahkon

If they were going to fake it, you would think they would reveal it at a more politically opportune time. The next election is still over a year away, at this point, nobody benefits from him having been killed more than they would at any other time. If he did die years ago, the body would have decomposed and would have been hidden like someone else said. It would have been pretty much impossible for them to determine that he had been killed, so if he had been killed years ago, this death would have been faked, which wouldn't really make that much sense. Furthermore, if they were faking it, they wouldn't have said video footage existed, because they know people are going to spend a lot of time protesting that the footage be released, and they know if it is released people are going to spend a lot of time analyzing it.

I ask this to anyone who doubts the official story, who exactly was it that gained from this operation having been faked, and does it seem reasonable that that gain would have surpassed the amount of trouble the US government would have had to have gone to to fake something like this?

If they were going to fake it, you would think they would reveal it at a more politically opportune time. The next election is still over a year away, at this point, nobody benefits from him having been killed more than they would at any other time.

If Bin Laden died 3 years ago it would've been great for George W. Bush if it was made public. So I don't think he died then.

If Bin Laden died 3 years ago it would've been great for George W. Bush if it was made public. So I don't think he died then.

I think what was suggested was that he died and we didn't know about it. However, Bush was on his way out already 3 years ago. He didn't have to face any more elections.

I think what was suggested was that he died and we didn't know about it. However, Bush was on his way out already 3 years ago. He didn't have to face any more elections.

Would've been good for his person, though. But that's probably not a good enough reason to make something like a death of the most wanted person public.

Anyway, Obsama is dead now. That's a fact.

Hitler actually died on the 30th of April, the day after he got married. (Coincidentally, Will and Kate got married on the same day as Hitler and Eva Braun got married.)

Bin Laden died on the same day as Leonardo Da Vinci, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

The main reason I believe the US Government on this on is that, if he died earlier, they gain nothing by saying they shot him. The potential reprisals are huge, compared to saying "Yeah, we found his body". Hell, if they said they'd found him dead, I'd be skeptical and would think they'd killed him and were covering.

Seriously, Mad Monkey, listen to Cicero: Cui bono? Who benefits?

Well I don't know about you but I thought 'We have eliminated the worlds number one terrorist threat' sounds a lot better news than 'We have found Bin Ladens body, he has been dead X amount of years, and all the money spent and lives lost in that time were wasted'.

Well I don't know about you but I thought 'We have eliminated the worlds number one terrorist threat' sounds a lot better news than 'We have found Bin Ladens body, he has been dead X amount of years, and all the money spent and lives lost in that time were wasted'.

You actually think that they spent all this time and money searching for one man?

Regardless those lives were wasted...terrorism is still going on and war sucks.

GulfNews

The compound in Abbottabad where Osama Bin Laden was killed was once used as a safe house by Pakistan's premier intelligence agency ISI, Gulf News has learnt.

"This area had been used as ISI's safe house, but it was not under their use any more because they keep on changing their locations," a senior intelligence official confided to Gulf News. However, he did not reveal when and for how long it was used by the ISI operatives. Another official cautiously said "it may not be the same house but the same compound or area used by the ISI".

So Pakistan's premier intelligence agency ISI was keeping Osama safe all these years.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!