NEurope
Goafer

Funny Stuff Thread

oldest picture ever :p

Well, excuuuse me. Your Facebook page was slim pickings, so I had to make do with what I could find. :heh:

Just be glad that one picture that was even older didn't fit my purposes.

Fun fact about Norway, according to the UN democracy index, it is actually the most democratic country in the world - 9.8/10. The US is 17th, with the UK ever so slightly behind at 19th.

North Korea is last if anyone was wondering :heh:

Anyways:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

It's from a Norwegian late night talk show that started yesterday, they are the hosts.

Made my afternoon this phonecall did. Some unknown number, obviously an "attempt" to get access to our home network and personal details. Couldn't help myself with what i said to the guy.

My words are the italics

"Good Afternoon sir, i'm "Dave*" from BT. I'm calling today to inform you that there is a huge virus/infection going around and you are currently infected"

"Really, i did not know that"

"Yes indeed. What i need you to do is to go on the computer for me and follow my instructions"

"Can i stop you there, my computer does not have a virus thank-you very much, so i don't know where you are getting your information from"

"How do you know sir, our systems are alerting us that you are currently infected"

"I know i am, i do have a cold and thanks for pointing that out to me"

"Don't be sarastic sir, i'm being serious and we need to fix this before things get out of hand. Please go to your computer and follow my instructions now"

"I am a computer technician, and i can confirm there are no viruses on the system. I'm not going to my computer, i know for a fact about that."

"Well, you are not a good technician because there is a virus and it needs sorting"

"Don't take that tone with me, who-ever you are. Your information is incorrect and i suggest you hang-up now"

"Please sir, i am trying to help you. Don't take that tone with me, we hold the correct information for yourself"

"Oh do you now, i'd love to hear about it"

"Ok then, your name is "x" and you live in "y" address"

"Oh, that name and address is in-correct, so p**s off now"

"You're wasting my time then, hang-up"

"No i'm not. I'm having a laugh, you're the idiot"

I hang-up with that.

Made my afternoon this phonecall did. Some unknown number, obviously an "attempt" to get access to our home network and personal details. Couldn't help myself with what i said to the guy.

My words are the italics

"Good Afternoon sir, i'm "Dave*" from BT. I'm calling today to inform you that there is a huge virus/infection going around and you are currently infected"

"Really, i did not know that"

"Yes indeed. What i need you to do is to go on the computer for me and follow my instructions"

"Can i stop you there, my computer does not have a virus thank-you very much, so i don't know where you are getting your information from"

"How do you know sir, our systems are alerting us that you are currently infected"

"I know i am, i do have a cold and thanks for pointing that out to me"

"Don't be sarastic sir, i'm being serious and we need to fix this before things get out of hand. Please go to your computer and follow my instructions now"

"I am a computer technician, and i can confirm there are no viruses on the system. I'm not going to my computer, i know for a fact about that."

"Well, you are not a good technician because there is a virus and it needs sorting"

"Don't take that tone with me, who-ever you are. Your information is incorrect and i suggest you hang-up now"

"Please sir, i am trying to help you. Don't take that tone with me, we hold the correct information for yourself"

"Oh do you now, i'd love to hear about it"

"Ok then, your name is "x" and you live in "y" address"

"Oh, that name and address is in-correct, so p**s off now"

"You're wasting my time then, hang-up"

"No i'm not. I'm having a laugh, you're the idiot"

I hang-up with that.

The last line was the stinger! :p

Also, fuck yeah real life Paperboy:

That was nerve-wrecking to watch! :o And I felt bad for the dog.

The last line was the stinger! :p

Aye, i laughed my backside off for about 5 minutes after the call. Told my parents and mates about the call, they laughed as well.

Nic Cage is a vampire.... apparently...

Oscar winner Nicolas Cage is a well-known odd dude, but a vampire?! That's one seller on eBay is claiming based on what he claims is photographic evidence that Cage's lifespan is longer than humanly possible.

The Hollywood Reporter has the lowdown on the apparently authentic photo (seen below), which is no longer available for sale at eBay. The Seattle-based seller had been asking for $1 million for the photo of a Tennessee Man circa 1870 who he says "looks exactly like Nick Cage. Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead / vampire, et cetera, who quickens / reinvents himself once every 75 years or so. 150 years from now, he might be a politician, the leader of a cult, or a talk show host." That would explain the Drive Angry and Ghost Rider star's aging.

cage-1870s-ebay_1316537374.jpg

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/119/1195434p1.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nicolas-cage-vampire-photo-sale-236543

If it takes a shaven head to get a chance to motorboat that banging rack, I'll be at the barbers tomorrow.

I have a gay lecturer for Ruby programming, and during our first practical assignment we had to make some variables and assign them, check for equality etc, basic stuff. Except he instructed us to call the variables maxi, dick and twink (google it!).

An excerpt from my homework. Made it entertaining, and I'm unlikely to forget it. Great teaching :D

k.

irb(main):009:0> maxi = 1

=> 1

irb(main):010:0> dick = 8

=> 8

irb(main):011:0> twink = 8

=> 8

irb(main):012:0> maxi == dick

=> false

irb(main):013:0> maxi == twink

=> false

irb(main):014:0> dick == twink