NEurope
Goafer

Funny Stuff Thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny

It's this place where you'll see 75% of your facebook feed before it appears on facebook. Or even this forum! Just install the reddit enhancement suite and BAM! At a click of a button you've seen this shit two days before it's posted in this thread!

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny

It's this place where you'll see 75% of your facebook feed before it appears on facebook. Or even this forum! Just install the reddit enhancement suite and BAM! At a click of a button you've seen this shit two days before it's posted in this thread!

Yeah but then we have to wade through all the shit ones. Better to let other people filter it down to the good ones for us.

Although we would get to join the "oh my god that is so old, I saw the original like three days ago on Reddit" club.

But reddit is filtered by 'upvotes' and 'downvotes' so the 'first page' is full of the recently most-upvoted items. Being a hipster and seeing it first is a handy by-product of also seeing more funny things. Though you'd have to install reddit enhancement suite to get to just click on "view all images" to get a better user-friendly experience, and I'm sure that's too much effort for many people.

I get that people like to use this place to post funny things - I just figured maybe they'd like to post more funny things from a more recent source than whatever source they're using, or maybe they'd like to know where a funny thing is from in case they want more funny things.

I'm all for locking this thread but I'm just a lurking mod and it wouldn't be fair to start a moan-sesh and not be around to reply to it.

Even better idea, lets just close the entire forum and all move over to Reddit because the conversations are already happening there.

I´m slightly allergic to Reddit, so I prefer people post stuff here than simply point to that mess of text and links.

Even better idea, lets just close the entire forum and all move over to Reddit because the conversations are already happening there.

Hey guys I've brought you some videos from this video store across town. Oh it's no hassle they deliver them. Wanna watch them? Yeah this store orders them from this other video store in another town. And we don't wanna move across town because we won't know anyone.

Oh you saw these films last week when they first came out? But our town store didn't stock them yet. How did you do that?

You just ordered from the store in the other town?

All I'm saying is -- reddit has funny stuff. Lots. If you like funny stuff check out funny stuff over there.

If you like cooking stuff they have some cool cooking subreddits.

I quite like chess and their subreddit is a bit sparse but if there's interesting content there I have the option to bring some of that content to this forum here where i can field it to people who have opinions that I trust.

That I am complaining that people are being slowpokes for literally no reason beyond what sounds like complacency or because they dislike change doesn't get negated because I'm now an n-e hating hipster

QFT man. Everything is already happening somewhere else, but that's besides the point.

The reason jay is completely missing is that going elsewhere would mean you guys wouldn't be there. Sharing laughs with a community you're part of is insurmountably more important.

Was tempted to lock this thread for a day or two as a hilarious joke...but then where would I post about it!

Also @jayseven, I totes tried your advice just to see - tbh I actually found there's far too much crap stuff on there(even front page) to be worth it - get much more filtered/suited laughs in here - maybe due to the viral/sharing nature of the internet, things only kind of survive if they're worthy of it - and then end up here. Top that off with the fact I have facebook, and am now a member of a few YLYL style groups - I'm getting a fairly steady flow of funnies that even when somewhat shit were still feeling to be slightly better calibre than the reddit/funny front page.

But...umm...something maybe amusing to keep this on track?

1907324_10204346343831278_2620489740835637621_n.jpg?oh=fb6a6b78ebf0d933c6cc71a7b4375876&oe=55078005

tricks-you-can-attempt-after-just-a-few-drinks.gif

Mate keep up I saw that on reddit like two hours ago, jeez.

But reddit is filtered by 'upvotes' and 'downvotes' so the 'first page' is full of the recently most-upvoted items. Being a hipster and seeing it first is a handy by-product of also seeing more funny things. Though you'd have to install reddit enhancement suite to get to just click on "view all images" to get a better user-friendly experience, and I'm sure that's too much effort for many people.

I get that people like to use this place to post funny things - I just figured maybe they'd like to post more funny things from a more recent source than whatever source they're using, or maybe they'd like to know where a funny thing is from in case they want more funny things.

I'm all for locking this thread but I'm just a lurking mod and it wouldn't be fair to start a moan-sesh and not be around to reply to it.

Hey guys I've brought you some videos from this video store across town. Oh it's no hassle they deliver them. Wanna watch them? Yeah this store orders them from this other video store in another town. And we don't wanna move across town because we won't know anyone.

Oh you saw these films last week when they first came out? But our town store didn't stock them yet. How did you do that?

You just ordered from the store in the other town?

All I'm saying is -- reddit has funny stuff. Lots. If you like funny stuff check out funny stuff over there.

If you like cooking stuff they have some cool cooking subreddits.

I quite like chess and their subreddit is a bit sparse but if there's interesting content there I have the option to bring some of that content to this forum here where i can field it to people who have opinions that I trust.

That I am complaining that people are being slowpokes for literally no reason beyond what sounds like complacency or because they dislike change doesn't get negated because I'm now an n-e hating hipster

QFT man. Everything is already happening somewhere else, but that's besides the point.

The reason jay is completely missing is that going elsewhere would mean you guys wouldn't be there. Sharing laughs with a community you're part of is insurmountably more important.

The reason sheikah is missing is that going else does not mean you wouldn't be here. I've never said go live at reddit I've said go use reddit as your source of these funnies because if you're using 9gag or facebook groups you are likely to be getting the funny a day or two after reddit.

see the bolded bit above.

Does that make sense?

inb4 negatives (not aimed at sheikah);

the nature of reddit being a content amalgamater means that reddit sources from elsewhere, so it isn't the first for anything - and it also has reposts.

It also requires you to install Reddit Enhancement Suite, which most people will perceive as too much effort.

Just as rummy found only a few things he found funny in 25 links, it isn't perfect and if you're going there just to prove a point and hate it because jayseven said go there -- then you're going to miss out on what literally millions of people enjoy. And yes I know that just because millions like it does not mean that they are correct...

Edited by jayseven

The reason sheikah is missing is that going else does not mean you wouldn't be here. I've never said go live at reddit I've said go use reddit as your source of these funnies because if you're using 9gag or facebook groups you are likely to be getting the funny a day or two after reddit.

The thing I was replying to was pretty much your initial post which appeared to suggest this topic was a pretty poor idea and we should all be using reddit instead (yeah, that's how it reads). You've since said that people should go to reddit instead of 9gag to pull the images to post here, which seems pretty reasonable, and I have no beef with that...

Edited by Sheikah

The thing I was replying to was pretty much your initial post which appeared to suggest this topic was a pretty poor idea and we should all be using reddit instead (yeah, that's how it reads). You've since said that people should go to reddit instead of 9gag to pull the images to post here, which seems pretty reasonable, and I have no beef with that...

Exactly. The entire thing read like we were being told to go elsewhere for our funny stuff and when you mention being all for locking the thread, its no wonder things get confused.

Still though, this entire thing has been weird and I've never really understood why it came up to begin with. Does it really matter where people come across funny images? :wtf: