NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

This is the end was good, better than i hoped, but not as funny as i was expecting. I laughed a fair amount though. I love the cameos at the beginning, they were great. Did anyone spot the 'secret' celebrity cameo? Apparently there is a split second cameo by someone uncredited, but i didn't spot anyone. It's probably in the crowd scenes at the beginning. I'm sure it'll come out when the DVD comes out.

The ending was the best thing ever, and definately the funniest part of the film. Amazing.

Zoey Dechannel only appears for like... 5 seconds during the Back Street Boys reunion. Can't think else there could be who had less screen time that was recognizable.

Zoey Dechannel only appears for like... 5 seconds during the Back Street Boys reunion. Can't think else there could be who had less screen time that was recognizable.

It could have been! I must admit when you said she had a cameo, i assumed it was in the party scene and i had just missed it, but it may have been her that Seth Rogen was talking about when he mentioned a secret cameo...

It could have been! I must admit when you said she had a cameo, i assumed it was in the party scene and i had just missed it, but it may have been her that Seth Rogen was talking about when he mentioned a secret cameo...

Although just reading into it more....

Some people thing that one of the cannibals that attack James Franco is Bruce Springstien.

And another person seems to think that Robert Pattison is at James Franco's house party, the scene where they're all singing round the piano, RPat is apparently making out with a women next to James?

Honestly can't remember if anyone was making out next to Franco or not though.

Zooey seems like a more likely cameo, as i can't imagine how Bruce would have ended up in the film, but maybe Zooey is supposed to be in it and the secret cameo is someone else...

Saw "Now You See Me" last night and loved it :D

In other news, saw Now You See Me last week. Was good enough for the most part, but I came out dissappointed.

What did you find dissappointing?

Saw "Now You See Me" last night and loved it :D

What did you find dissappointing?

I thought it was amazing myself. Saw at the weekend. Watched World War Z today. Another good film.

Just felt the ending was a bit wtf. ruffallo the villain all along? it just came out of nowhere, was done as if it was obvious, i didn't really even get why, and it just...ugh. If Caine had turned out to be the mastermind, ok. Or if one of all of them. Or...I dunno. Essentially the Ruffalo 'twist' was never seeded as far as I noticed and I just stopped caring at that point.

Just felt the ending was a bit wtf. ruffallo the villain all along? it just came out of nowhere, was done as if it was obvious, i didn't really even get why, and it just...ugh. If Caine had turned out to be the mastermind, ok. Or if one of all of them. Or...I dunno. Essentially the Ruffalo 'twist' was never seeded as far as I noticed and I just stopped caring at that point.

Really?

I was actually the opposite, haha.

I loved that twist as it was so unexpected.

His whole character was just a giant example of a magicians best friend... Misdirection.

Through the film once they mentioned the magician who drowned in the Safe years before I had a feeling the "mastermind" would be the child of that guy.

I was actually expecting it to be the Interpol Agent. I could hear people sitting near me say they thought it would be Morgan Freeman. Nobody suspected Ruffalo because we were all looking "too closely" as the film would put it.

There was one little bit of a seed to indicate towards it but it was very subtle. During the interegation with Harrelsons character and Harrelson said Ruffalos character has "father issues". Twas a very small hint but you know they couldn't go giving too much of a hint towards it, if they gave too big of a hint towards it then there would be no surprise come the reveal.

Also don't think you should refer to him as the "villian", in the overall scheme of things I think the Freemans character was meant to be the villian (both for the role he played in helping cause the death of the other magician and for how he went around trying to reveal the secrets of magicians shows/tricks)

There was only one story(ish) thing that I didn't like/felt odd/unanswered and that was when after Rhodes and the Interpol girl kissed after the 3rd "Show" and then the Interpol girl just walks away without saying anything.

Was at that point I was certain she was gonna be the mastermind.

Finding out she wasn't made that scene feel a bit strange. You could argue that Rhodes hypnotised her like we seen Harrelsons character do but then that was never mentioned/addressed when Rhodes later met Dray in France at the last scene.

Other than that the only other gripe I had more of a directorial issue I guess. During the interogation scenes we only see 2 of the 4 Horsemen get questioned... nothing from Henley or Wilder? Guess those scenes were cut out to save on time? And prolly had nothing to offer storywise where the bits with Atlas and McKinnely did, as well as having a bit of comedy.

Edited by Mokong

I'll be honest, I wasn't at my most attentive at the time after a long day and a heavy cider; so I might have to watch it again sometime. The interpol agent was the big setup, but I expected the twist away from that...just Ruffalo's felt so wtf and out of nowhere for me. I don't mind a twist, but it has to be warranted/seeded well enough imo.

I went to a pre-screening of We're the Millers yesterday. Better than most Aniston-movies, but Will Poulton is the centre of comedy. My advice: Wait for it to hit TV.

I'll be honest, I wasn't at my most attentive at the time after a long day and a heavy cider; so I might have to watch it again sometime. The interpol agent was the big setup, but I expected the twist away from that...just Ruffalo's felt so wtf and out of nowhere for me. I don't mind a twist, but it has to be warranted/seeded well enough imo.

Was it maybe cause of the way Rhodes reacted to various things previous where maybe you'd think if he was "in on it" he might have reacted differently, or not been so full on with "Grrrr I MUST GET THESE GUYS" and how he seemed totally ignorant to the ways of a magician?

I think obviously if there was any slight deviation from that then the twist would have been too obvious and wouldn't have worked.

Also not only were they trying to misdirect the viewer but also Rhodes had to misdirect the other characters around him.

His main "targets" so to speak he had to make sure wouldn't suspect him. Michael Caines character and Morgan Freemans character, the French Bank and the crowd who built the shoddy safe that killed his dad.

I don't think he had any scenes with Caines character but he would have known Caine would be aware of him (as he was trying investigating what Caine thought to be his new prized headline act that were gonna make him more money).

With the first "robbery" involving the French Bank he knew that would get Interpol involved and prolly had some hand in manipulating who was sent by them, but still had to go with the whole "I'm FBI I don't need someone else on my case" etc.

He had to fool his own FBI agents including the other team that were assigned to protecting the big safe that was the final target.

And most importantly he had to misdirect Freemans character who was meant to be the ultimate Anti-Magician who was meant to be able to see through all tricks and misdirection. He got close to Freeman, getting help from him in investigating the first crime/trick with the bank in Paris. He was so close that Freeman was "too close" to see the full picture.

Then when Freeman suspected there might be someone on the inside and accused Dray. Rhodes kept his pretence of ignorance going and near instantly accuesed Dray to her face in order to keep Freeman misdirected from seeing the full picture.

Thats how I saw it anyway.

Also I did fully enjoy all the tricks in film.

From teh first trailer I saw which showed most of the original Bank RObbery/teleportation I was thinking maybe they were gonna go full Hollywood or Sci-Fi and it be a film where magic was real or they did somehow invent a teleporter haha.

So was awesome seeing the "reveals" of how that trick was done.

The 2nd Show with Hypnotism and "Freeze" bit I saw coming when the initial hypnotism was going on but it was still funny to see the pay off.

Plus what they did to Michael Caines character was great and when you realise how they got access to his bank account without them fully explaining it was nice. (Unless you weren't paying attention then you would have prolly been well confused at that part, haha)

Wilder's car crash, I had a feeling that there was no way he was dead. The film that was in it and them being magicians I knew he would reappear but I could not for the life of me figured out how he might have survived. I thought he was still in the car as it was on fire and somehow got out just before the explosion and slipped away using that as his distraction.... I was way wrong, haha.

Really enjoyed Harrelsons intro scene too, that was great :D

Here's Tumblr's favourite movie for next summer. Super looking forward to it, the original was very pleasant surprise for me.

I've just come back from seeing World War Z. Really enjoyed it. Probably more so than I was expecting myself to.

After leaving the cinema, I was driving straight out of Tower Park and saw fires in the distance. Hmm, these cinema screens are getting good. They're etching sections from the film directly onto my retinas. Possibly some kind of subliminal messaging.

But, no. Actual Fires. Very surreal coming out of the cinema after that particular film and seeing that. IT HAS BEGUN. Quickly, we need to build a wall around Bournemouth.

But, no. Actual Fires. Very surreal coming out of the cinema after that particular film and seeing that. IT HAS BEGUN. Quickly, we need to build a wall around Bournemouth.

No no, you jump in your car and drive hard for the hoverport here in Portsmouth, crashing through checkpoints while pursued by helicopters. I'll be waiting with the last hovercraft, fuelled up and covered with the blood of people I had to murder to protect my daughter. I'll have already set the reactors on the nuclear sub in port to "overload" and we'll all make our exciting and scientifically implausible escape with just seconds separating us from nuclear annihilation.

Then you'll have to shoot me because I've been infected and some very sad music will play while you, Ine and my daughter will head for France and you'll say something about hope or maybe man is the real monster or something dumb like that I don't know.

It's too hot to sleep right now.

No no, you jump in your car and drive hard for the hoverport here in Portsmouth, crashing through checkpoints while pursued by helicopters. I'll be waiting with the last hovercraft, fuelled up and covered with the blood of people I had to murder to protect my daughter. I'll have already set the reactors on the nuclear sub in port to "overload" and we'll all make our exciting and scientifically implausible escape with just seconds separating us from nuclear annihilation.

Then you'll have to shoot me because I've been infected and some very sad music will play while you, Ine and my daughter will head for France and you'll say something about hope or maybe man is the real monster or something dumb like that I don't know.

I want to see that film.

92489767.gif

Charles-Dance-benedict-clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-421.gif

52514906-claping-.gif

STARRING BRAD PITT...

They keep playing an advert for the Star Wars blu-ray collection at work, and it's mighty tempting to purchase since I hear it almost non stop for at least an hour. But one thing troubles me which I don't know where else to ask (couldn't be bothered to make a new topic)

Does this collection have the CGI Yoda in Episode One instead of that God awful puppet?

Why are they advertising a 2 year old box set?

But, yes, CGI Yoda in episode 1.

Saw Monsters University last night.

It was good. Really felt like a Pixar film, unlike the last one i saw, Brave which i didn't like at all.

Why are they advertising a 2 year old box set?

But, yes, CGI Yoda in episode 1.

I dunno, but it sure beats the Skylanders Giant's advert they wouldn't stop playing.

Watched The Intouchables tonight on Netflix, the french one about the quadraplegic.

It was amazing! Best film i've seen this year by far! I enjoyed every second of it.

Guys it's happening! I know nobody cares but shut up I do :heh:

(although I'm not fond of that logo, hopefully its temporary)