NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I really don't think it is the cat's fault...

For fuck’s sake, somebody please kill that cat, stuff it, and turn it [into a plush].

Do want!

The plush, not the actual stuffing of Tard.

If they're smart the film will be a satire about this cat having fame hoisted on it by it's owners when all it actually wants is wet food and a warm windowsill. Because it is a cat.

If they're smart the film will be a satire about this cat having fame hoisted on it by it's owners when all it actually wants is wet food and a warm windowsill. Because it is a cat.

And if they're not smart it will be like the Garfield film.

And in other stupid news, The Flintstones (and maybe Scooby Doo) will be joining forces with WWE.

Source

That seems even more out of place than shoving The Rock in Star Trek: Voyager

ojmE02k.jpg

And in other stupid news, The Flintstones (and maybe Scooby Doo) will be joining forces with WWE.

Source

I think...i think I'd watch it... John Cenastone and Vince McMagma.

Give me more Jetsons though, I much preferred them over Flintstones.

I've watched this trailer 3 times and I still don't know if this is something I want to see or actively avoid.

Edited by gaggle64

Yeah.. On paper it looks like a film I shouldn’t even consider.. But the trailer has a bit of a “so bad it’s fun” vibe. I dunno. It’s a shame though, regardless of the film’s ultimate quality, the cast is plain awesome.

Oh yeah watched that earlier, looked brilliant!! Very funny :) Much better than the vibe I got from the teaser trailer.

Totally agree, @Retro_Link. Michael's in it too (Simon Greenall, also in some of the Dragon Quest games), so that's a relief!
haha awesome! :D

Was pleased to see Lynn turn up late in the trailer!

Went to see After Earth on wednesday.

It wasn't terrible, although after the first 10 minutes i was expecting bad things. It starts horrendously, really clumsy in setting up the story....but once they get on the spaceship it gets better.

Jaden Smith is a lot better than i thought he would be, and Will Smith is a bit worse. The film lacks a bit of humour which i think it needed, and there are some stupid elements to it (the murderous-yet-tender bird?!) but i did like the whole 'alien that can smell fear' thing, that was cool.

Overall, not a bad sci-fi film 6/10.

Saw 3 films yesterday:

Oblivion (finally)

Too bad of the plot holes, because the visuals and atmosphere are awesome. I also love Andrea Riseborough.

Trance

Awesome. The only critique I could have is they could even do more with the story and script, making it more complicated and clever. Now the story is great, but it’s also clearly explained. Cast is great, I always love Vincent Cassel, and fans of Rosario Dawson will surely get their fix.

Los amantes pasajeros

New Pedro Almodóvar. This time its a comedy. At least I think it’s supposed to be. He should stick to dramas because this was dreadful.

This doesn't look half bad, i'm surprised it took them so long.

I Watched Hangover 3 recently.

tumblr_m848ix4BTn1r76lino1_250.gif

While it good to see it change formula's from 1 & 2, it was pretty random, and not really that funny. A few moments that tickled me, but not that great in general. I got laughed most at the end of the film in the after credits scene.

The animation and detail in that LEGO film is outstanding.

The animation and detail in that LEGO film is outstanding.

I love how that absolutely nailed the animation, and the look and feel of lego. They didn’t restrict themselves to “Lego physics”, but they still manage to capture Lego animation perfectly. It really looks lovely.

I’ll be seeing Star Trek tonight.

First Images of Curse of Chucky....

Alice-holding-chucky-610x406.jpg

Chucky-in-box-610x916.jpg

Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

Fuck yes. Love the Child's Play / Chucky Series.

No, nope, nope nope nope, no nada, never.

Child's play was the very first horror film i watched (when i was around 6 or 7) and it was very possibly one of the last.

No, nope, nope nope nope, no nada, never.

Child's play was the very first horror film i watched (when i was around 6 or 7) and it was very possibly one of the last.

You should watch it.

I always found the box arts some of the most fucking terrifying things ever as a child, but I recently watched them and;

- Childs Play = Really enjoyable.

- Childs Play 2 = The first five minutes is the best opening to a horror sequel ever.

- Childs Play 3 = Absolute gash but its Jimmy Olsen-rific.

I have not seen Bride or Seed....but will eventually.

Bring on Curse.