Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

Saw The Jungle Book last night. Really enjoyed it, but ended up having to see it in 3D due to film times and....fuck 3D. I don't think I've seen one for a few years, but this one was awful. The whole second half of the film was so dark, I could barely make out what was going on! Why don't they crank the brightness up for 3D showings?!

Anywho, 3D aside, the film was good. Mowgli was great, and the CGI was stunning (from what I could see). The only thing I didn't like was King Louis song. I don't think it fit with his menacing feel. They should have dropped it, and just had it in the end credits.

New JasonBourne trailer out today.

Very disappointed. There doesn't seem to be a story... Jason Bourne remembers more and wants vengeance. Good on you Jason, we got there in Ultimatum. Also as I said before, it doesn't seem to be filmed in that gritty Bourne way the trilogy was known for. This looks far more Hollywood in its presentation.

Very disappointed. There doesn't seem to be a story... Jason Bourne remembers more and wants vengeance. Good on you Jason, we got there in Ultimatum. Also as I said before, it doesn't seem to be filmed in that gritty Bourne way the trilogy was known for. This looks far more Hollywood in its presentation.

Eh...I've got to agree. It just doesn't feel like a Bourne film. Yet.

But this looks GREAT

"What if he's not coming for us, what if it's something else".

That sounds like there may be more to it than just revenge.

The trouble with trailers these days is people complain if they give away the whole story but then if they hide the story then people just think there isn't one :heh:

The original The Magnificent Seven, and of course Seven Samurai (which it is based on), were excellent films! I don't care for a re-telling Hollywood style I must say.

Isn't the original Magnificent Seven a re-telling Hollywood style in that case?

The same film you just said was excellent?

So do you care for it or don't you?!

Hmmmmmmmm?!?!

Isn't the original Magnificent Seven a re-telling Hollywood style in that case?

The same film you just said was excellent?

So do you care for it or don't you?!

Hmmmmmmmm?!?!

Haha, touché. I should've said that I don't care for a modern day Hollywood re-telling... as I did not rate that trailer at all.

• 2 weeks later...
More Felicity Jones :)

I thought the book was fantastic! Not sold on the film yet.

Yeah, Dan Brown books are the best! I see him as the Christopher Nolan of modern literature (as in...Nolan seems to be the best possible fit for one of his book to film adaptations, right?!).

Strange too that Felicity Jones came to mind when reading the book...

Oh man, Blue Valentine destroyed me emotionally...not sure if I can handle another destruction by the same director :laughing:

In other news, I've finally watched Deadpool. I haven't laughed this much watching a movie in years :D

A couple of days ago I've convinced my girlfriend to watch Zootopia with me. She's not really a movie fan (urgh) but she enjoyed it. And I loved it :)

A couple of days ago I've convinced my girlfriend to watch Zootopia with me. She's not really a movie fan (urgh) but she enjoyed it. And I loved it :)

That sucks man. I can't get them wife interested in games, but we go to the cinema pretty much every week. It's great!

Hyped for this!

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite animated Disney movie.

I just wish they'd gone with Anna Kendrick over Emma Watson. Just from the teaser she seems bad. Mind you so does Ewan McGregor as Lumiere... *sigh*

Edited by Retro_Link