NEurope
Jonnas

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Just your general story, it was brazen, and for you...that's never good :P

Also, I agree more with Flink than I do Cube. Neutrals, whilst a potential, are not definitely so as opposed to mafia, and could be of use to use. I don't believe him mafia, so I'm not voting. It's early days, I'll save lynching him for later.

Fair point all round. No rush for a lynch anyway, we have a long time to discuss things. Plus if he is neutral it's unlikely he's going to kill anyone. If he starts getting hold of keys and we think he's going to steal the win, we can lynch him. Simples!

Remove Vote

I disagree, it's been 87 hours since the day started and as soon as discussion dies the day will end. I think Sméagol is mafia because he knows about the door to the Queen's chambers, and he says he didn't steal anything last night. If he is neutral he will just build up keys for the mafia to take.

Had plans yesterday, so was offline for the rest of the day. Leaving in a minute as well, so I'll read the last posts tonight.

Fair point all round. No rush for a lynch anyway, we have a long time to discuss things. Plus if he is neutral it's unlikely he's going to kill anyone. If he starts getting hold of keys and we think he's going to steal the win, we can lynch him. Simples!

What if we find a mafia on the same day? Why waste today? If he is neutral then his win condition is essentially the same as the mafia's.

I'd be willing to give Sméagol the benefit of the doubt, even as a neutral, if it wasn't for the fact that he claims to be good and vehemently tried to brush off the keys as unimportant. That just screams "I'm up to no good!" if you ask me.

I'm going to wait until Sméágol answers my question to vote.

I'm going to wait until Sméágol answers my question to vote.

Why? When he obviously doesn't want to answer your question, or any question.

Because we have plenty of time and he said he would be back later. If he doesn't answer the question, then obviously I will vote for him too.

You want him to reproduce his pm in his own words?

He has already made a series of claims about it which don't add up, and if he wanted to answer he would have done it already.

Because we have plenty of time and he said he would be back later. If he doesn't answer the question, then obviously I will vote for him too.

If we just sit and wait then the discussion would have died down, therefore bedtime.

If Jonnas declares discussion dead then you all just let Sméagol away on the chance that he might be a neutral with the same objective as a mafia, but not a mafia.

Vote Standings

Sméagol (9): jayseven, ReZourceman, Ellmeister, Heroicjanitor, Cube, Zell, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Dazz, Tales

Majority is 13

---------------------------

I do feel the day has been going for quite a while. I am unsure if I will be able to be online tomorrow afternoon, but if I do, the day will end.

I will be at work all tomorrow so i wont be able to get online and check this thread. With that in mind i have to Vote Smeagol, i cant see someone good having "stealing" powers, unless this was a Robin Hood game, which it is'nt.

Im of mind that he is neutral and has to get the "keys" to steal something and win the game?

If he isnt lynched today then he needs investigating fo'sho.

That was two quick votes at the end from people who have barely posted. Both with 3 each five minutes apart. I don't like that.

Remove vote

Until Sméagol gets back and those two elaborate.

That was two quick votes at the end from people who have barely posted. Both with 3 each five minutes apart. I don't like that.

That doesn't change anything as he's almost certainly a neutral. The big problem with neutrals is you can't trust them and we could waste days arguing about it instead of voting for the mafia.

That said, the voting pattern is suspicious so if he is neutral (i.e. not mafia) when we lynch him then we have some new people to look at.

If the day will end tomorrow. I'm willing to Vote:Sméagol now.

I've gone over all the last posts now.

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't buy total ignorance, either. There has to be a purpose to your ability to steal and your knowledge of the locks. You trying to brush it off as unimportant/irrelevant heavily suggests to me that you're trying to hide something, which can't be good for the town.

[..]

What do you mean, brushing it off as unimportant? I certainly think they're relevant somehow, which was why I openly posted my speculation about them.

Please reproduce your PM in your own words Sméagol.

"My" words? <sigh> It's already out there, now you're just asking me to rearrange the info to the exact order as in my role PM..

I'm Claude Gallandeau.

I'm from France, and looking for jobs here from noblemen who are in need of my.. Skillset. During my stay here, and as an observant thief, I have noticed the 5 locks on the door of Queen Olivia, but the rumours from people around me, concerning the events of the previous game, suggest that if I find any keys belonging to those locks, I should keep them safe.

Each night I can choose to steal something from a player, or protect that player from things that affect their abilities.

Think about it logically. If I was just a neutral with the win condition to get 5 keys, with an ability with just does that, finding keys, then the first 3 quarters of the game would be a complete borefest to me. Have you seen how many players there are? The odds would be against me.. 1 in 4 in the beginning to find one, 3 in 4 to get no result, and I certainly would have no reason to post.

As it is not my win condition, I'm perfectly fine with spending my time protecting people. And feel free to investigate me.

There was a steady succession of votes for Sméagol from 5 to 10 votes (or thereabouts) which makes me suspicious. Could just be that it was at peak forum time though.

I mean exactly that: that you can steal keys, but that they're apparently not at all important to your role.

Ugh, I dunno ... I have this nagging feeling you actually are a townie with some level of importance that is yet to be determined. Either that or you're hiding something behind a well-crafted lie ...

If Jonnas declares discussion dead then you all just let Sméagol away on the chance that he might be a neutral with the same objective as a mafia, but not a mafia.

You seem to be arguing this point quite vehemently, when it's really not the case. As a neutral, his win condition could be anything!

(totally tired btw, didnt manage to get on at work last night)