N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could update me on your progress with TWEWY, that wouldn't bore me since I'm also playing it :p

[..]

I was planning on bumping its thread.

As for me not analyzing stuff, I explained in the previous game, while I had the chance, that this game doesn't really lend itself well to my analyzing. And yes, I was mafia then, but that doesn't make this less true. The "write-up", in a Gentlemen's mafia, is in the PM's people get. The write-up itself doesn't have much info. Well, there seems to be a bit of info about me.. Apart from that, I think the way the kill is described is significant. I just get the feeling the character may be still alive. Something similar happened in the last game, where our mafia boss spared the life of that notewriter. She may show up in some form or another.

I will promise you this: As soon as I have evidence or anything, I will post it here. If people don't believe me, that's fine but I'll know the truth. :)

It's not that we don't believe you, but you don't have evidence as of yet to show that your results are reliable, so we prefer not to trust it 100% before it's proven :) I think things will become more concrete as more things happen, everyone can confirm powers and accuse a bit more.

I tend to agree, yesterday everyone was all for Smeagol, I only wished to give it another night and see if anything came up, but I don't think this Mundi thing is solid to me. I'm not even sure I understand it.

Aqui1a protected someone some Mundi, which implies (according to Aqui1a's power) that Mundi is "nefarious". Mundi himself has confirmed this, because the people he targets get roleblocked, which is the nefarious part (apparently).

Something similar happened in the last game, where our mafia boss spared the life of that notewriter. She may show up in some form or another.

As a gentlewomanly zombie?

I tend to agree, yesterday everyone was all for Smeagol, I only wished to give it another night and see if anything came up, but I don't think this Mundi thing is solid to me. I'm not even sure I understand it.

Well, we're all probably making notes or keeping check in our heads as we go along. So, just because people are not pursuing Smeagol now, it doesn't mean he's completely safe, does it? More information will probably come to light as the game goes on.

Later, we might ask him a bunch of questions! And we might want them answered immediately.

At the moment, I feel reluctant to vote as I don't really feel sure about Mundi. At the same time, I don't want to run the risk of the bodycount rising because we're not doing anything. This shit is tense.

Aqui1a protected someone some Mundi, which implies (according to Aqui1a's power) that Mundi is "nefarious". Mundi himself has confirmed this, because the people he targets get roleblocked, which is the nefarious part (apparently).

Close, but not exactly: Aqui1a only protects against nefarious roleblockers, and Mundi has admitted to interrogating his targets for information, which in turn leaves them roleblocked rather harshly.

The main point of discussion is whether he's simply a brutal, but ultimately good investigator, or if his nefarious methods indicate a nefarious alignment.

Close, but not exactly: Aqui1a only protects against nefarious roleblockers, and Mundi has admitted to interrogating his targets for information, which in turn leaves them roleblocked rather harshly.

The main point of discussion is whether he's simply a brutal, but ultimately good investigator, or if his nefarious methods indicate a nefarious alignment.

Nefarious is a very specific word...I just googled it to find it's true meaning.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nefarious

"evil; wicked; sinful

[from Latin nefārius, from nefās unlawful deed"

That makes me very worried. It just seems like a very particular word to use. A strong one at that.

I know it's the freedictionary.com, and maybe I am looking into the word too much, but still.

Nefarious is a very specific word...I just googled it to find it's true meaning.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nefarious

"evil; wicked; sinful

[from Latin nefārius, from nefās unlawful deed"

That makes me very worried. It just seems like a very particular word to use. A strong one at that.

I know it's the freedictionary.com, and maybe I am looking into the word too much, but still.

Yeah, I've considered the same thing, but it is ultimately a subjective decision, and we are dealing with a Gentlemen's Mafia by Jonnas. It's not unlikely that "nefarious" is just a word chosen for its flavour.

It seems I'm arguing against Mundi being mafia, but I'm really not. I'm just as uncertain as everybody else.

Yeah, I've considered the same thing, but it is ultimately a subjective decision, and we are dealing with a Gentlemen's Mafia by Jonnas. It's not unlikely that "nefarious" is just a word chosen for its flavour.

It seems I'm arguing against Mundi being mafia, but I'm really not. I'm just as uncertain as everybody else.

It could be a flavour word. But...that ees one hell of a flavour word. It has some strong meanings to eet. I'm paying particular attention to eet because this ees a very detailed mafia, so I'm assuming the creator (not sure if we're allowed to mention Jonnas or not?) chose that word for a reason, just like everything else has a reason.

I'm uncertain, but eet wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mundi was a mafia member.

It could be a flavour word. But...that ees one hell of a flavour word. It has some strong meanings to eet. I'm paying particular attention to eet because this ees a very detailed mafia, so I'm assuming the creator (not sure if we're allowed to mention Jonnas or not?) chose that word for a reason, just like everything else has a reason.

I'm uncertain, but eet wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mundi was a mafia member.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to mention Jonnas? Trying to get inside the GM's mind has always been a valid tactic. Especially in the Pokémafias! :p

I wouldn't be surprised if Mundi was mafia, either, but I'm just so uncertain. I don't even know if I can be bothered to vote, because I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow, if not sooner.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to mention Jonnas? Trying to get inside the GM's mind has always been a valid tactic. Especially in the Pokémafias! :p

I wouldn't be surprised if Mundi was mafia, either, but I'm just so uncertain. I don't even know if I can be bothered to vote, because I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow, if not sooner.

I dunno, I thought it might be some sort of unwritten game rule or something. (Like, you can discuss the content of the game, but can't question certain things, such as the language used by the creator, possibly).

If we're allowed to do that, then I say he's chosen that word on purpose, which leads me (along with the information provided earlier) to believe that he is mafia. Am I making sense, guys? Or am I looking into it too much?

The way I see it is that Aqui1a will stop evil roleblockers and Mundi got stopped. Mundi is therefore evil.

I take the word nefarious to mean what it means. Why would Jonnas use an adjective if Aqui1a would stop all roleblockers anyway? He would've just said 'you will stop roleblockers'.

Exactly. Nefarious means evil and wicked. It has nothing to do with brutal or violent. So Mundi's defence doesn't make sense. Sure it could be flavour, but this lead is way more solid than Sméagol. I am unable to comprehend how anyone can think otherwise.

Exactly. Nefarious means evil and wicked. It has nothing to do with brutal or violent. So Mundi's defence doesn't make sense. Sure it could be flavour, but this lead is way more solid than Sméagol. I am unable to comprehend how anyone can think otherwise.

Nah, I'm with you there. I feel more at ease with the idea of voting for Mundi than I was voting for Smeagol.

Although, I can't help but worry I may be getting the wrong end of the stick or am perhaps looking into it much.

Nevertheless...I'm willing to give Mundi some time to post some more information about his character and role. Or at least try to convince us that we've got it wrong. I think until midnight is fair.

I can't give any more info on me, I have posted the results from night one, my name and character description.

I was stopped because of the way my character roleblocks, I brutally interrogate people

It's a downside to my powers because I effectively have a twofold power.

Simply just the catch as too not make it too powerful.

I don't understand why some people are so gung-ho to lynch me when we can just as easily investigate me with little chance of interference (Aqu1la can prevent such interference)

If Aqui1a targets you then whoever is the investigator can get redirected. If Aqui1a targets the investigator, then the power could redirect anyone that targets you.

To investigate you would force the investigator to come out with the answer to his investigation, showing the mafia exactly who the investigator is. Lynching you is way safer.

And we know of one person that can re-direct, Jayseven (which is usually a mafia power) and unless someone can proof that there are two re-directors.

I could target Jayseven then and prevent him from meddling if he would to so.

Also, we have had an investigator come out already.

I'm still torn, to be honest. However, like Diageo's post and other information, there just seems to be signs pointing that Mundi isn't good for the town.

Saying that, if he's lynched and turns out to be town...then...well...fuck.

I'm going to go out on a limb.

Vote: Mundi

Mundiiii. Hasta La Vista, Baby.

(will try so hard not to remove vote)