N-Europe

"See what happens when kids who are bullied have had enough"

ReZourceman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does america hold common law rights before anything else? I'm pretty sure under common law you've got self defense rights, if you can feasibly defend yourself on common law grounds I think it comes before anything else.

Don't hold me to that though, I'm not a lawyer.

I uploaded it last night and it got took off this afternoon. YouTube are too gay for words! They allow videos of multiple chavs bullying a kid but when you see the bullied stand up for themselves, they take it off. They really need to sort themselves out!

Does america hold common law rights before anything else? I'm pretty sure under common law you've got self defense rights, if you can feasibly defend yourself on common law grounds I think it comes before anything else.

Don't hold me to that though, I'm not a lawyer.

It isn't about the defence being common law, nor which comes before anything else.

Just that a self-defence is a strong mitigation for an offence committed, leading to an acquittal unless unreasonable/excessive force is used and thus not making it self-defence.

I think I get you now. My friend was explaining to me once that common law rights came from the magna carta or something, and the way it was done meant that the rights would exist forever and couldn't be infringed by newer laws, there's something in it about using force against a fellow man in order to protect someone else(including yourself) from being harmed, but it's got quite specific terms or something. Tbh, I don't know how true it all is, and my history is shitter than my law. It's ok if you become and accountant, I'll still hire you when I need a lawyer <3

The Magna Carta is in fact statutory law, which is the highest authority of law. Common law can be overridden by statute law. Magna Carta did set out some major constitutional law amendments though (trial by peers etc) but common law is important.

Self-defence isn't in a statute therefore the common law is the only authority on it we have (currently, I think). It is definitely one of the strongest defence because it either acquits or it doesn't.

I wish AeroScap was here, he's much cleverer than me at this sort of thing :p

It works both ways. The skinny kid COULD have killed Casey with a well placed palm punch to the nose, since we're being hypothetical.

Its one thing to punch someone in the arm, but you can't punch someone in the face and expect a mild response

I'm not sticking up for the bully.

It's just a hell of a reaction.

If someone punched me in the face I wouldn't then curb stomp them.

Or I might, I guess you never know.

I'm not sticking up for the bully.

It's just a hell of a reaction.

If someone punched me in the face I wouldn't then curb stomp them.

Or I might, I guess you never know.

But what if they've been doing it for let's say, a year? Constantly coming after you, picking on you. I think most people would snap at some point. I know I would heh.

Though I doubt many people would be able to execute such perfect wrestling moves like this one. =P

I dunno, I wasn't bullied for any extended period of time at school.

My only experience of being bullied was for about 3 days at a new school until I thought, "Wait a minute, why am I being bullied by this fat kid?" And then beat up the bully.

Knowing YouTube, they'll probably take that off as well as the interview if anybody uploads it...:angry:

I do want to see it though, he seems like a nice lad. Shame there are arseholes about! I shall be trying to find this interview anyway. It's true though, he is a hero really. He may not know it but he's sent a message to all victims of bullying saying that they don't have to be a victim. To me, that's awesome.

I'm sorry to say it, but the little kid did not get what he deserved.*

Bullying is a real problem in many schools - I for one was bullied for many years by a local boy who seemed to take perverse pleasure in giving me regular nose bleeds, skinned knees and punches in the back of the head. It was a horrible experience, and I learned the deepest darkest depths of wickedness in humanity from it.

I never responded in kind, though there were times I wished I had. You see, I was taught that violence begets violence, that it forms and endless cycle where the victim eventually becomes the bully. Then his victim eventually becomes the bully and so on.

Nothing was ever truly solved with violence, there are so many examples of history being decided on the turn of great battles but if you are a student of human nature, as I am you will see that why are you still reading this? Just scroll down to the footnote already. History teaches us that wars end in a bloody spurt, an orgy of bloodletting that is supposed to prove our moral superiority by showing that our enemy was wrong to ever oppose us.

However, this can never truly prove our mastery of our own souls: ultimately if it takes violence to end violence, human beings will see it as I'm making bread today for the first time in about 14 years, that's so cool a recourse to action that they will take time and time again. It's a learned group behaviour that is self-perpetuating.

He DESERVED about three other guys to come running in and stamp on him while he was on the ground.