Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario games used to have time limits. Why is it an issue now?

I agree. We might as well except what this game is going to be. Super mario bros in 3D.. literally..

There is going to be No exploring in this one and a time limit adds extra challenge.

What they're doing here, rather than have 3D Mario games is to have 3D versions of 2D Mario games

I agree. We might as well except what this game is going to be. Super mario bros in 3D.. literally..

That's what I don't like. Right now it looks like something I don't want to play. If a demo can change my mind, great. If not, well...then it's a game I won't appreciate as much as others. :p

This looks perfectly suited for the 3DS. Can't wait! But I prefer no timelimit. It hails from bygone ages, and it's something I didn't like in noth NSMB DS and Wii. It feels like an unnessecary constraint to me. I always wanted to explore, but the time limits didn't allow for this in one setting.

I don't agree with the fact that there wouldn't be much exploration. Just look at the amount of exploring you can do in the 2D-Marios. Super Mario World, to mention but one.

Interesting... I only now noticed there is a time limit (Yes, I'm sloooooooow...), but there seems to be an item that extends you time. Don't think I've seen that in a Mario-game before.

Nintendo seem to be struggling to push the 3DS in terms of graphics, anyone else agree?

Short answer: no. I've been impressed with 3DS-graphics so far (bar Splinter Cell 3D). It's no powerhouse, but I quite like the style of Super Mario. Plus: no camera-problems. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, when I read what was said about the trailer quality, I had only downloaded the Green Lantern trailer, so I was inclined to quickly agree. But after watching the Mario trailer I take it back, I thought the video quality was great! You want to see low-res, try the GL trailer...

• 3 weeks later...

Name Change

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15978

Nintendo's portly plumber will return in November for what looks set to be classic platforming action in Super Mario 3D Land later this year. The game brings elements from classic 2D Mario games and mixes them with popular 3D titles such as Super Mario Galaxy. Of course one of its biggest features is the ability to see the world in 3D, which Shigeru Miyamoto has claimed helps to judge distances while jumping.

It's a strange name though... it's not Super Mario Land 3D...

Super Mario 3D Land... just makes it sound like Mario goes to 3D Land!

And from the look of the game, that meaning of the title makes more sense, because it doesn't seem to share any similarities with the Land games, but has all the looks of the console games.

Also, SML3:Wario Land was brilliant, and the Super Mario Land games are great too.

You're weird. Both Super Mario Land games were brilliant :) and the tune from the first is an absolute classic.

The second game is admittedly alright, but it feels nothing like a Mario game and plays much closer to the Wario Land games, which I find slow and boring.

The first game is terrible, though. I dare anyone who's not wearing nostalgia goggles to say otherwise. :p

It does have some pretty good music, though.

I think you just figured out the storyline! :hehe:

This better be what actually happens!

But meh, people will call it Super Mario 3D, or just Super Mario, anyway.

@Magnus: I thought you were cool, man. Dissing Wario Land is not cool.

(Dissing SML is slightly better, but I think it has the charm of being so weird and disconnected from the rest of the series:

2011-06-13-341-SMLIsWeird.jpg)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!