Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

According to Gaf, Everybodys Golf is £15 at HMV. A good price if you want a physical copy of the game.

Not bad... probably won't stay that price though I'm guessing so I'm glad I decided to get the digital version plus the nearest HMV to me is a good few miles away, but it's ideal if you live near one. :D

So, what's the chance of a price cut at E3? Maybe even a bundle pack with a memory card?

It looks like Ghost Recon is heading to Vita.

Unannounced Vita titles Ghost Recon: Final Mission and Assassin's Creed 3 have been spotted on retailer websites, both listed for launch later this year.

It's the first we've heard of Ghost Recon: Final Mission. Ubisoft told Eurogamer last month it was seeking to "widen" the Ghost Recon franchise. Final Mission would be the third title in the series due in 2012, following the just-released Future Soldier and this autumn's free-to-play PC and Wii U entry Ghost Recon Online.

GAME listed Ghost Recon: Final Mission with a generic "TBC 2012" launch date, priced £34.99.

Assassin's Creed 3 on Vita is less of a surprise. Ubisoft previously announced an Assassin's game was in development for Sony's handheld, but were quiet on whether it would be a version of the upcoming PC and console game.

Zavvi listed Assassin's Creed 3 for release on 31st October, priced €39.55 (about £32).

With the titles leaking just a week before E3, it's fair to assume these will get officially confirmed in Los Angeles next week. Eurogamer has contacted Ubisoft for comment - we'll update if we hear back.

Just tried to start FF12 again, and it's impossible to play at that resolution. Everything looks like it was inked on blotting paper, it's vile. The Vita would be the perfect platform to port that title onto, perhaps with an improved and more expedient save feature.

Bought Everybodys Golf, couldn't not at that price, so Im up for a game @Cookyman. How does the online work, can me and you just have a match or is it all in that lobby system?!

IGN gave Resistence 5.5 and Gravity rush 6.5. I realise it's only opinions and only on ere view but it's not sounding good. And these were supposed to be the BIG games to push the vita. It's in a disastrous position, could barely be worse. Got a feeling next week could change a lot of that though!

Resistance looks like trash. Gravity Rush is already overhyped; it's probably just a weed in a barren wasteland of crap Vita games. I'm only looking forward to Lego Batman 2. A multiplatform game.

Where the fuck is my Netflix app? America has had it since launch. When they finally get around to releasing it I can turn it into a Netflix Machine, just like my PS3 is.

I think Sony are going to go Vita crazy next week. Price cut, new colours and loads of big games!

I would like to see a price cut but for some reason I don't think it will happen. I think most of Sonys E3 showing will be about the Vita and quite rightly so. The thing needs a kick up the butt and more importantly it needs software.

As for Resistance, it always looked a little ropey. If I had a Vita I would still buy it though as I enjoy the series. The only one I hated was the second game, but the first is still the best for me, followed closely by the PSP version.

Sony's been far too quiet to not announce something big next week. Lobbying developers is cheaper than cutting the price, I think they'll go with that and maybe introduce a new bundle and a new colour.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing their conference next week because there's no room for them to be stuck in the middle ground. It's either going to be fucking amazing or fucking terrible.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing their conference next week because there's no room for them to be stuck in the middle ground. It's either going to be fucking amazing or fucking terrible.

I think Sonys showing could be fantastic. There must be a whole load of Vita stuff we don't know about. We also have their PS3 offerings, such as God of War, Last of Us, Sly Raccoon, Playstation Smash Bros and with both Sucker Punch and Quantic Dreams teasing new projects we could be in for one hell of a ride.

It will be waaaaaaaaaaay better than Microsofts offering, which wont be hard if they stick to the same formula as the last 2 years, Kinect and Apps.

I'm not sure what to expect from Sony and Microsoft. I've got a horrible feeling, as they don't seem to have many games atm, that they may both blabber on about the video streaming and similar stuff that seems to be the current focus.

Hopefully Quantic Dreams have something good to show, and The Last of Us should look amazing. Microsoft have Halo 4 but recent screenshots look exactly the same as Reach, and the multiplayer sounds completely messed up (like Reach's was really poor).

Bought Everybodys Golf, couldn't not at that price, so Im up for a game @Cookyman. How does the online work, can me and you just have a match or is it all in that lobby system?!

At the moment it's a lobby system but you can book to participate in an event - there's events every 15 minutes so we could both book a match on a specific course at certain time and play a match. We could in theory be playing with up to 28 other players.

We'll be able to set up our own private matches in the upcoming patch for the game which should be released soon and will also include online rankings for rank based events.

Have a go on the online I think you'll be impressed also if you want to chat during the game turn on the cross game chat and we can have a blether too!

Let me know how you get on with it -it's still easily my favourite Vita title and let me know when you want to play online.

Okay seems a bit weird though. What with Wipeouts online there's a bit of the retard that still needs to be patched out. But I'm sure it'll be fine. have you tried it? How easy is it to miss your mates? Just sounds unnecessarily cumbersome.

Had a bit of a blast on it, a 9. Seems identical to mario golf, which is nothing but a great thing; seems like a perfect handheld game so looking forward to bashing through it more. Is CHALLENGE the main single player mode then? Tried STROKE play and though there'd be a progression system or something, but there isn't.

The only SLIGHT annoyance is that you can't save matches? I chose to do an 18 but did 9 and had to stop, it wouldn't let me save it to return to later. Am I being a gimp or is this the case?!

Other than that everything else seems spot on! Prob up for some tonight, if not definitely over the weekend. More mortal combat too if you're up for that!

Okay seems a bit weird though. What with Wipeouts online there's a bit of the retard that still needs to be patched out. But I'm sure it'll be fine. have you tried it? How easy is it to miss your mates? Just sounds unnecessarily cumbersome.

Had a bit of a blast on it, a 9. Seems identical to mario golf, which is nothing but a great thing; seems like a perfect handheld game so looking forward to bashing through it more. Is CHALLENGE the main single player mode then? Tried STROKE play and though there'd be a progression system or something, but there isn't.

The only SLIGHT annoyance is that you can't save matches? I chose to do an 18 but did 9 and had to stop, it wouldn't let me save it to return to later. Am I being a gimp or is this the case?!

Other than that everything else seems spot on! Prob up for some tonight, if not definitely over the weekend. More mortal combat too if you're up for that!

The online works just like the PS3 version and like the PS3 the custom games will be patched in soon. Have a go on an online tournament - you'll like it.

No need to save games on the vita just put system to sleep and pick up where you left off!

fail-dog.jpg

Always up for a game mate - just give me a holler!

Temporary price cut incoming!

The price of the PlayStation Vita will be cut by €50 from June 1st, Sony has confirmed.

The platform holder is offering to rebate €50 (£39.87) on any purchase of a PlayStation Vita between June 1st to July 15th.

Crucially, it is a limited time offer that will not be available after July 15th.

"The PS Vita is the latest generation of handheld console and more than 1.8m have been sold worldwide since its launch,” SCE Europe VP Philippe Cardon stated.

“His innovations are numerous. With this offer we want to make it more accessible to the greatest number with the approach of summer vacation.”

MCV will reveal the UK pricing as soon as we have obtained it.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-cuts-playstation-vita-price/096919

EDIT: France only.

Sony told Eurogamer: "This is a limited retail price promotion that is only available for a short space of time in France."
Edited by Hero-of-Time

A temporary price cut? That's.. pretty strange.

It's a good thing to see them try it, it'll drum up the sales. But something seems odd about a temporary price cut, it gives me the impression they're going to announce some big system selling titles, but they wont be out for a while.

Next week is going to be very interesting indeed. Also, it seems they've updated the article with a UK rep saying it's only being offered in France.

Rumour time:

Zavvi think this is happening

27y8n7b.jpg

While Play.com think that Ghost Recon: Final Mission (a so-far unannounced game) exists on the Vita.

Although surely for anyone with a PS3 (I'd imagine most Vita owners), aren't all these PS3 ports kind of....pointless?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/30/travel-ecology-music-all-coming-soon-to-playstation-vita/

More free apps.

PlayStation Vita was developed with the idea creating and delivering compelling content for gamers. With the recent announcement of t@g, the graffiti-based app that combines creative expression, location-based gaming, AR and urban art discovery we continued to build PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. We are now offering you the opportunity to travel the world, manage an ecosystem and express your musical side all via the powers of your PS Vita. We are really excited about the three latest applications for PS Vita - Travel Bug, Ecolibrium and Imaginstruments which will all be available free to download from PlayStation Store very soon.

7300696724_ffdaeec56e_m.jpg7300696914_e5bb5aa119_m.jpg

In Travel Bug, you can and personalise your very own travel bug and give it travel-based missions to complete. Your bug can take “travel snaps” on its journey and you can track its whereabouts on an interactive map. This innovative application also invites you to compete against friends to reach destinations first – all tracked via the “near” application.

7300696992_e4a4f23dd9.jpg

Take on a divine role in Ecolibrium, an imaginative eco-system simulator where the aim is to maintain harmony within your own created environment. If your environment becomes unbalanced, species in your eco-system must be fed manually by you until you have restored balance and created the optimum environment for your animals and plants. You can also collect different species and trade them with your PS Vita friends using “near”.

7300696812_e049b87e59_m.jpg7301057542_d0a87e057e_m.jpg

If you are feeling musical then give Imaginstruments a try. Imaginstruments is an ‘imaginary instrument’ application designed from the ground up around the myriad of PS Vita inputs. You can play drums, guitar, theremin, and even the violin. Once you have mastered each imaginstrument you can record tracks and share with other players.

7301057470_617abe1c2f.jpg

These great new applications offer unique, social and immersive experiences exclusively on PS Vita all for free – so get involved!

I hope Sony announces a new Vita interface at E3. The bubbles are way too large, with too few one a screen at once.

Edited by Cube

Resistance looks like trash. Gravity Rush is already overhyped; it's probably just a weed in a barren wasteland of crap Vita games. I'm only looking forward to Lego Batman 2. A multiplatform game.

Where the fuck is my Netflix app? America has had it since launch. When they finally get around to releasing it I can turn it into a Netflix Machine, just like my PS3 is.

Resistance was always going to be shit, not sure why you had it pegged down when footage had already said everything.

I was hoping a little Resistance 3 would rub off on it, but apparently not. Everyone says it sucks balls and the Vita is still hysterically pointless. Where is my Netflix? They announce three crappy free apps that look shite and still no Netflix.