Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great race there. Think Vettel would have had Button covered if he hadn't of made the mistake, but he did and Button drove extremely well and totally deserved the win.

Nice to see Schumacher back up the front again. I was hoping he'd get onto the podium but still, 4th place was great for him.

And the Massa/Kobiyashi finish... superb. A little gutted for Kobiyashi getting nicked on the line as he did look like he was gonna get a podium, and did make a few mistakes at the end, but still a great performance, same with Massa who has finally gotten back into his rhythm now. Been a while coming but he put in a great race weekend.

Wow, great race after the reg flag restart. Button drove off the charts to come back from essentially last place at one point to win. I was really rooting for him with 5 laps remaining, Didn't think he was gonna do it, but he pressured Vettel and forced him into a mistake. Great finish.

What was the difference in time between Massa and Kobiyashi? I think I saw 3 thousandth of a second.

Such a fantastic day of F1!

It was certainly a win for F1 -- I feel like I want to watch it in a fortnight. Fairly sure I don't have any mates who are into it though.
Unfortunately the next race is Valencia... easily the worst race of the year!... but who knows this year.

However even if the next race is a bit rubbish, stick with F1 because the next race afterwards is Silverstone! and there are a lot of incredible tracks in the second half of the season!

Such a fantastic day of F1!

Unfortunately the next race is Valencia... easily the worst race of the year!... but who knows this year.

However even if the next race is a bit rubbish, stick with F1 because the next race afterwards is Silverstone! and there are a lot of incredible tracks in the second half of the season!

Including the best/my favourite! Spa!

:D

That was awful, right up until the point it became FUCKING BRILLIANT. I feel like I spent four hours waiting for about 15 minutes of racing - luckily it was 15 minutes of the best racing in the history of F1. Way to go Jenson, good to see Vettel's human after all. Fantastic, utter brilliance.

Gutted Schumi didn't get a podium after all his good work in the damp conditions, there was some spark of the old master there. It was also a pretty good example of why being a Hamilton fan is simultaneously as thrilling and wondrrful as it is painful and contentious. It's a good thing he did all he did really, we would have ended up with more improvised Springwatch then would have been tolerable. I remain loyal.

Why is valencia rubbish?
Well in previous years its just been one big procession, with next to NO overtaking... plus the track is boring with concrete walls and fences everywhere... just boring!

But Spa is the best race ever! and Silverstone, Sazuka, Monza, Brazil... amazing, plus Singapore is a real spectacle racing at time... and other decent tracks too!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!