N-Europe

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

Cube

Pum dechow zo slaxansraxatien cedos en zo plovieus paxago!

Anywaxaupp, smoaxagór, ug ALO axarrewow te uso zo slaxansraxatel te slaxansraxato haxat Pum'mo saxaid, ug gned? Vupp luros torr vo zaxat Pum'v jet axarrewow te slaxansraxato zo cedos axanymelo, volorupp loprupp/lotelt te zom, se fo caxalobur.

faxang en tepic; [f]meto: Daxazz[/f] - spupp, pi whis regic dis braxawow -- pi sooick axas jefedupp nud iow yot, Pum peniz vict foick pit fit lishupp um zo rynstick.

Caxaniz lomomfol haxat orso Pum waxas keick te saxaupp. Zis jensonso raxackuaxago dis juto pit bun didoaxa, Cufo! Dit ichlaxands zo tewn blem zo caxaso axat whaxact.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywaxaupp, smoaxagór, ug ALO axarrewow te uso zo slaxansraxatel te slaxansraxato haxat Pum'mo saxaid, ug gned? Vupp luros torr vo zaxat Pum'v jet axarrewow te slaxansraxato zo cedos axanymelo, volorupp loprupp/lotelt te zom, se fo caxalobur.

faxang en tepic; [f]meto: Daxazz[/f] - spupp, pi whis regic dis braxawow -- pi sooick axas jefedupp nud iow yot, Pum peniz vict foick pit fit lishupp um zo rynstick.

Caxaniz lomomfol haxat orso Pum waxas keick te saxaupp. Zis jensonso raxackuaxago dis juto pit bun didoaxa, Cufo! Dit ichlaxands zo tewn blem zo caxaso axat whaxact.

I tried again working from Jay's more complete notes and I've now got this:

I have to admit, I saw this one coming :P

as ug can see, I was lolo-blongow last night, so I hamo nothing to aght. I'll bo bollowing this algumont closolupp. Nintondohnut Ms. Dathth thon? Ono nud a spupp, the other nud inmincible? ai ai ai!

as you can see, I was targeted last night, so I have nothing to add. I'll be following this argument closely/close up. Nintendohnut Vs. Dazz then? One... a spy, the other... invincible? ai ai ai!

THe numbers there are meant to be the abbreviation eg "versus" - a tlitst din tho slanslatol.

The numbers there are meant to be the abbreviation eg "versus" - a lost in the translator/translation?

Cubo: I accidonti ox dostow tho last sontanco ob this dost din non-nibbolist. I polotow dit bobolo othols saw, but I bigulow I'd toll ug ob mupp misdomoanol, hat um boing sust a saintlupp dostol pi all

Cube: I accidentally ..... the last sentence of this post in non-gibberish... something before others saw. [i'd tell you about misdemeanors - or something to that effect?]

I don't think there's actually anything relevant here but I've managed to piece most of it together thanks to Jay's notes.

And now he's posted more.. great lol

Translating rules

- Words that start with the letter I must have a vowel, typically D, put in front of them.

- Words where the second letter is h lose their first letter.

- o=e

- g=k

- r=l

- f=b

- d=p

- j=n

- axa=a

- v=wh

- z=th

ADDED BY DAZZ:

Ug = You

S's are normal

sl=tr?

ick=ed

upp=y

C's are normal?

m=v

SP is the same

ud=ot

Zo=The

T's are normal

I's are normal unless the word starts with I

w=t or w=s

h=k

zis=This

ch=nt?

Pum whaxavo te axadmit, Pum saxaw zis eno cemick :P

axas ug caxan soo, Pum waxas lero-frengow raxach nidd, se Pum whaxavo jethick te axaght. Pum'rr fo berrewick zis axalgumonk cresorupp. Ninkoctehnut Ms. Daxazz zon? Eno nud pit spupp, zo ethol nud dinvincifro? axai axai axai!

Zo numfols zolo axalo voaxank te fo zo axaffloviaxatien eb "molsus" - pit kritst din zo slaxansraxatel.

Cufo: Pum axaccidonki ox dechow zo raxach sonkaxanco eb zis dech din jen-jiffolisk. Pum porotow dit fobelo ethols saxaw, fut Pum bigulow Pum'd torr ug eb vupp visdomoaxanel, haxat um foick sust pit saxainkrupp dechol pi axarr

DAZZ'S TRANSLATION

But [???] to admit, but saw this one coming :p

As you can see, [???] was [???] ra-- pa--, so Pum (name???) was nothing to a---. Pum'll (LOLZ but definitely a name) be followed closely. Nintendohnut vs. Dazz thej(?)? One j-- is spy, the other not p--wh----ble? a- a- a-!

The j--bers there are whajg(?) to be the abbreviation of "versus" - is gli-s- pij so translator (that was a guess).

Cube: Pum acc------ e- pocket this pa-- se---jce of this point pi- noj-n---er-sg. Pum deletes(?) it before ozers saw, but Pum fik-res (figures?) Pum'd tell you of my mispevea-or, hat -- -e--h --- is sai-gly -ocke- d- all.

All in all, I think I may be on to a couple of words but it doesn't make sense. Pum is definitely a name and he has nothing to something or other and that he'll be followed closely. The next bit about me and Nintendohnut doesn't make sense but I think he was trying to give us a couple of hints for letters. He says one is spy but the other is something. It's obvious I'm a spy but what is he saying Nintendohnut is? Then he's telling us to do something so he must be frustrated in telling us something...

This bit confused me a little as he says something and then says the abbreviation of versus and then says something about a translator (but that word I just took a shot in the dark.

Then he says something to Cube about this Pum and the next word I think is accidentally and the next I thought was pocket. I couldn't make out the next couple of words but I think he may be saying "Justice of this point" then something else. This bit interested me as he says Pum deletes something before someone saw, which makes me think this Pum has deleted a post and nobody saw it but Jay. He then goes on to say Pum 'figures' (don't know, again, shot in the dark) he'd tell Cube of his mis-something-or-other and the next bit makes no sense.

So Nintendohnut is something and Jay knows about him as he says "One is spy (which is me) and the the other is not something". Do you know what he means Nintendohnut? I think this Pum has done something as he's deleted a post that nobody but Jay has saw and Pum will be followed closely. There's two things I'd love to know: what the hell is Nintendohnut??? and who on earth is Pum???

Also, I really hate you Cube. I love you but I hate you! :p

Sorry, but this just sounds silly. It's much more plausible that the mafia used it on jay because he's the one who figured it out. It almost sounds like you're trying to prevent people from attempting to crack it ...

That's untrue considering I've just spent the best of an hour or so trying to work out what he's saying and I think I've found out a couple of things. If me or The Peeps get cursed by the language the next day, you can't tell me that's a coincidence. Again, it was a theory, I'm not saying it's true.

I've also written down some of the common words Jay uses and put what they mean next to them. It seems that Jay was right for a lot of them although some of the letters he has put contradicts some of my wording. The biggest letter I managed to decypher is 'abbreviation' so I got a bit from that.

Sorry, but this just sounds silly. It's much more plausible that the mafia used it on jay because he's the one who figured it out. It almost sounds like you're trying to prevent people from attempting to crack it ...

That's untrue considering I've just spent the best of an hour or so trying to work out what he's saying and I think I've found out a couple of things. If me or The Peeps get cursed by the language the next day, you can't tell me that's a coincidence. Again, it was a theory, I'm not saying it's true.

I've also written down some of the common words Jay uses and put what they mean next to them. It seems that Jay was right for a lot of them although some of the letters he has put contradicts some of my wording. The biggest letter I managed to decypher is 'abbreviation' so I got a bit from that.

ADDED: smoaxagór is DEFINITELY Smeagol...it must be!

I posted the translation notes on the previous page!

Anyway, sméagol, you ARE allowed to use the translator to translate what I've said, you gned? My lures tell me that I'm not allowed to translate the notes anymore, verify reply/roterkko them, so be careful.

back on topic; vote: dazz - spy, pi his logic is flawed -- pi seeing as jefepy nud ied yet, I don't mind being a bit fishy um the lynching.

Can't remember what else I was going to say. This nonsense language is jute a bun idea, Cube! It distracts the town from the case at hand.

That's the gist of it. Sorry I couldn't translate it perfectly Jay!

As for myself, I do think Dazz is more suspicious than Nintendohnut but I'm not convinced either of them are mafia so I will hold off on voting.

The 'versus' thing turned out to be irrelevant, so ignore it.

And, really, just ignore ALL of this translator stuff. The nonsense speaker is roleblocked each night so they will rarely have any info. I will stop posting useless info that wastes your time now.

Why are you suddenly talking English? Was there important information in it that you can't say normally?

I would love to know how me saying I'm a spy is flawed? I've told you literally everything, if you don't believe me then there's nowt more I can do. You honestly know as much as I do now, I'm hiding nothing.

Pum dechow velo cedo-floaxakick tips raxach paxago!

Zo 'molsus' zick tulnow uk te fo dillorovaxank, se dignelo dit.

Act, loi ox, quich dignelo ARR eb zis slaxansraxatel chubb. Zo jensonso spoaxakol dis lerofrengow oaxast nidd se zoupp wirr laxalorupp whaxavo axanupp dinbe. Pum wirr chep dechick usoropt dinbe zaxat waxachos yeep timo jed.

Ah bung, Pum dechow jelmaxar-spoaxak axagaxain, Cufo. Pum porotow dit axasaxap. Punisk vo, Pum caxan taxako dit.

Sellupp Cufo. Pum waxas wrunt. Punisk vo.

Act, loi ox, quich dignelo ARR eb zis slaxansraxatel chubb. Zo jensonso spoaxakol dis lerofrengow oaxast nidd se zoupp wirr laxalorupp whaxavo axanupp dinbe. Pum wirr chep dechick usoropt dinbe zaxat waxachos yeep timo jed.

Ah bung, Pum dechow jelmaxar-spoaxak axagaxain, Cufo. Pum porotow dit axasaxap. Punisk vo, Pum caxan taxako dit.

This forum is so ridiculous to use at night it's barely worth it. Jay must've made a copy & paste mistake with the post you quoted Dazz. At a glance it looks like his next post(s) is what he actually intended to post (ie. coded text and not the actual text). And the last two words are 'punish me' directed to Cube so it looks like it really was a mistake.

I agree with Jay in that I don't think the translations are actually getting us anywhere, though it is fun to try and decode the messages. From now on maybe if you're forced to type in code then just post once to show it and then only post after that if you have relevant information.

And for people decoding, just post up fully translated posts otherwise we really will get sidetracked.

I said above but no doubt it's lost in massive double posts now, I suspect Dazz over Nintendohnut but I'm not convinced either are mafia so I'm holding off on voting.

Peeps, I realise that I may sound suspicious considering I've laid all of the cards on the table but I promise you I'm telling the truth. As I have said to Jay, there's no more I can say because I've said everything. It's just frustrating to see that I've told everybody everything and they don't believe me but I understand your suspicion. I just wish I could prove to you and everybody else I'm telling the truth.

ReZ, I've started to think that myself. I think the Mafia are laughing at us, we need to start looking at the quiet ones but who's left? By the way, me saying this isn't a way to shift suspicion off of me (even though it would be nice if people actually believed they know as much as I do!), you can suspect me all you want but me and Cube know, for sure, I've told you the truth in absolutely everything I have said, now it's up to you. I'm just getting tired of defending myself now, I want to kill some Mafia!

Oh and I'm still decyphering Jay's message just in case he answered my question. Plus, I think it may be useful in the long run in case the next person who is cursed has actually said something important and useful.

=====

Pum posted where code-breaking ---- law dake! (No bloody clue!)

The 'versus' thing ----es to be pirrelewha-og(?), so p-kjore(picture?) it.

A--, re- e-, ----- picture --- of is translator w-ff. So nonsense speaaker is rolebloke- east so they will rarely vawhe (could this be vote?) ajy p--fo. Pum will --od po----g --eled- p--fo that chan-es (changes) need time nop(?).

Ah fujk (fuck?), Pum posted normal-speag(speak?) again, Cube. Pum deleted it asap. Punish me, Pum can take it.

Sorry Cube. Pum was wrong. Punish me. (Last one was a guess since wrunt looks like wrong)

---

Make of this what you will, guys. I've no clue...

Right, I've just spent a fair amount of time working from jay's notes on these posts. It seems he's telling us to ignore them which is fine, but I've put them here anyway. I've discovered a couple of new rules to add to jay's list too.

Pum whaxavo te axadmit, Pum saxaw zis eno cemick :P

axas ug caxan soo, Pum waxas lero-frengow raxach nidd, se Pum whaxavo jethick te axaght. Pum'rr fo berrewick zis axalgumonk cresorupp. Ninkoctehnut Ms. Daxazz zon? Eno nud pit spupp, zo ethol nud dinvincifro? axai axai axai!

Zo numfols zolo axalo voaxank te fo zo axaffloviaxatien eb "molsus" - pit kritst din zo slaxansraxatel.

Cufo: Pum axaccidonki ox dechow zo raxach sonkaxanco eb zis dech din jen-jiffolisk. Pum porotow dit fobelo ethols saxaw, fut Pum bigulow Pum'd torr ug eb vupp visdomoaxanel, haxat um foick sust pit saxainkrupp dechol pi axarr ;)

I have to admit, I saw this coming :P

As you can see I was role-blocked last night so I have nothing to (add?). I'll still be following this argument closely. Nintendohnut vs. Dazz then? One is(?) a spy, the other is invincible? Ai ai ai!

The numbers there are meant to be the abbreviation of versus - a ????? in the translator.

Cube: I accidentally ???? posted the last sentence of this.... (Someone translated the rest of this before so I stopped here as it was to cube)

I posted the translation codes on the previous page! Anyway, Smeagol, you ARE allowed to use the translator to translate what I'm saying, you know? My rules tell me that I'm not allowed to translate the code any more, merely reply/retort to them, so be careful.

Back on topic Vote: Dazz - a spy, but (?) his logic is flawed -- but (?) seeing as nobody (has?) died yet, I don't mind being a bit risky ??? the ????ing.

Can't remember what else I was going to sat. This nonsense language is ???? a ???? idea Cube! It distracts the town from the case at hand.

(Cube - this isn't my vote, I'm just repeating jay's :) )

I posted more code-breaking tips last page!

The 'versus' thing turned (out?) to be irrelevant stuff.

And, ???????, ignore ALL of this translator stuff. The nonsense speaker is roleblocked each night so they will rarely have any info. I will stop useless info that wastes your time now.

Ah fuck, I posted normal-speak again Cube. I deleted it asap. Punish me, I can take it.

Sorry Cube. I was ????, punish me.

---------------

So that's all of it. Not sure why Dazz ignored all of jay's translation tips from the page before but there we are. If he posts again I'll get on it.

Also, I just know that in the time it's taken me to write this someone else has done the same.

I think what we basically need to take from jay's posts is that he wants us to ignore him as he has nothing to add.

SECOND POST:

I'll post up jay's list (amended with what I've learned) and then my rules to add to that list for the future....

Jay's list

i starter = di starter

h starter = wh starter

Z=th

e=o

upp=y

r=l

b=f

axa=a

v=m (only at start of word?)

d=p, except at end of word, where d=w

ch=st

ck=ng

ct=nd

ss=pt?

sk=sh?

ow=ed, perhaps hence my confusion with occurances of JUST d.

k=g

t=k

j=n?

niz=n't

iz='t

pum=I

pit=a

pe=to?

yeep=your

eep=any?

peniz=don't

ug=you

goss=guess? kept?

iens=ings

up=an

jet=not?

loi ox=meant? isn't? really?

an=as?

My list

dd = ght

di = but?

nud = has?

zo = the

keick = going

s = t (start of a word?)

The two big ones are the dd = ght, which I'm not completely sure about but it made sense in the context, and s=t at start of words (I had some confusion about whether a word was 'to' or 'so' but it turned out to be to, which confirmed this one for me)

Right, I've just spent a fair amount of time working from jay's notes on these posts. It seems he's telling us to ignore them which is fine, but I've put them here anyway. I've discovered a couple of new rules to add to jay's list too.

I have to admit, I saw this coming :P

As you can see I was role-blocked last night so I have nothing to (add?). I'll still be following this argument closely. Nintendohnut vs. Dazz then? One is(?) a spy, the other is invincible? Ai ai ai!

The numbers there are meant to be the abbreviation of versus - a ????? in the translator.

Cube: I accidentally ???? posted the last sentence of this.... (Someone translated the rest of this before so I stopped here as it was to cube)

I posted the translation codes on the previous page! Anyway, Smeagol, you ARE allowed to use the translator to translate what I'm saying, you know? My rules tell me that I'm not allowed to translate the code any more, merely reply/retort to them, so be careful.

Back on topic Vote: Dazz - a spy, but (?) his logic is flawed -- but (?) seeing as nobody (has?) died yet, I don't mind being a bit risky ??? the ????ing.

Can't remember what else I was going to sat. This nonsense language is ???? a ???? idea Cube! It distracts the town from the case at hand.

(Cube - this isn't my vote, I'm just repeating jay's :) )

I posted more code-breaking tips last page!

The 'versus' thing turned (out?) to be irrelevant stuff.

And, ???????, ignore ALL of this translator stuff. The nonsense speaker is roleblocked each night so they will rarely have any info. I will stop useless info that wastes your time now.

Ah fuck, I posted normal-speak again Cube. I deleted it asap. Punish me, I can take it.

Sorry Cube. I was ????, punish me.

---------------

So that's all of it. Not sure why Dazz ignored all of jay's translation tips from the page before but there we are. If he posts again I'll get on it.

Also, I just know that in the time it's taken me to write this someone else has done the same.

I think what we basically need to take from jay's posts is that he wants us to ignore him as he has nothing to add.

SECOND POST:

I'll post up jay's list (amended with what I've learned) and then my rules to add to that list for the future....

Jay's list

i starter = di starter

h starter = wh starter

Z=th

e=o

upp=y

r=l

b=f

axa=a

v=m (only at start of word?)

d=p, except at end of word, where d=w

ch=st

ck=ng

ct=nd

ss=pt?

sk=sh?

ow=ed, perhaps hence my confusion with occurances of JUST d.

k=g

t=k

j=n?

niz=n't

iz='t

pum=I

pit=a

pe=to?

yeep=your

eep=any?

peniz=don't

ug=you

goss=guess? kept?

iens=ings

up=an

jet=not?

loi ox=meant? isn't? really?

an=as?

My list

dd = ght

di = but?

nud = has?

zo = the

keick = going

s = t (start of a word?)

The two big ones are the dd = ght, which I'm not completely sure about but it made sense in the context, and s=t at start of words (I had some confusion about whether a word was 'to' or 'so' but it turned out to be to, which confirmed this one for me)

I honestly forgot and missed them. I've just focused too much on the first list Jay gave out! I'll copy and paste the tips you've just listed out now and will use them instead for the future. Also, don't forget mine if there's anything useful in there! :)

However, he still hasn't answered why he finds what I am saying flawed....

I'm not sure why you assume that jay being the target would be a coincidence at all. The mafia are clearly the ones who are causing people to talk like this, and to suggest it's people who translate the speech is foolish. If you or the Peeps are forced to talk like this tomorrow it's not because you have translated it, it's because the mafia target you. They targeted jay because he was the one who translated it yesterday. However thanks to him we translated his today, because he posted the rules yesterday (thanks for that by the way jay, I literally couldn't have done it without your tips).

Okay, I don't think either Dohnut or Dazz are mafia, either, but...the whole "being untargetable" thing leads me to believe Nintendohnut is Neutral.

As we were shown before, if we leave a Neutral alone for too long, they might steal a victory from us. I will Vote: Nintendohnut based on this, though I will not be surprised if nobody follows my reasoning.

I literally don't know what else I can say. I've tried to explain myself as clearly as possible and suggest a reason why a townie may have this role. I can't really say much more to convince you I don't think, only reiterate that I am good and will win when the rest of the town wins.

I also really think we should be concentrating on getting rid of the mafia at this point. As I have said, I suspect they have targeted me at least once, which I wish I could prove as it would show I'm not evil. But it means that we've had two nights without a kill, which is obviously very useful. To waste this day translating posts and voting off a townie would brighten the mafia's day, whereas if we get rid of a mafioso we're at a HUGE advantage (one mafioso down, no townies dead)

...how many times did I say things like that in the Pirate mafia and the Disney mafia? I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can't just assume that people who say things like that are evil just because they are saying things to get the finger of death away from them. In those games and this game I genuinely think we need to move on to get someone who is actually evil lynched, and if that makes me look suspicious then I can't really help it.

I'm not saying mafia members don't say it too, but you can't just assume that people who say it are mafia - I have said it regularly in the past when I was town and just wanted people to actually move on, if you see what I mean.

I really don't know who to suspect. One of Dazz or Nintendohnut could be evil/neutral but I don't feel at this stage it is possible to tell. It is evident that lots of people's powers have been wasted on targeting Nintendohnut which leaves us with a lack of information.

Well, based on the theory that I've probably been the kill target at least once, we should try and work out which night that was. Surely EVERYONE didn't target me both nights, so there must have been a few other targets around. So, assuming that on at least one of the nights the killer was either roleblocked or their target protected, the roleblockers who didn't target me should come forward and it may help us work out a killer. We already know Dazz was roleblocked on night 1 so he's still in the frame, but there must be at least one more out there.

...Unless people think that's a bad idea, but so far it's the best way to get info. I'm also interested in trying to figure out who the little girl is (i.e. which character in the series) and who the handsome man is (although I'd assume he was good seeing as he was questioned by someone and nobody has come forward with the info saying he's evil)

...how many times did I say things like that in the Pirate mafia and the Disney mafia? I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can't just assume that people who say things like that are evil just because they are saying things to get the finger of death away from them. In those games and this game I genuinely think we need to move on to get someone who is actually evil lynched, and if that makes me look suspicious then I can't really help it.

I'm not saying mafia members don't say it too, but you can't just assume that people who say it are mafia - I have said it regularly in the past when I was town and just wanted people to actually move on, if you see what I mean.

You say we should go after the mafia instead, but based on what? And who are the mafia? We have no one else to go after than you and Dazz as far as I know.