NEurope
Cube

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

Hello! Right, well lots has happened so I'll try to address the points one by one.

- There's no point denying that I am untargetable at night as I am not on the planet. I'm a townie, but the fact I can't be targeted obviously makes me looks suspicious, so I guess the challenge involved in my role is that I have to convince you all that I'm not lying, because it seems that the only way I can die is through a lynch (I didn't think my untargetable-ness included being targeted for a kill as it isn't specified in my original PM). Obviously me being untargetable makes me look evil and I understand that it's a power evil people sometimes have but in this case I have it; I don't know why but Cube has given it to me but it's useful if people can trust me. And seeing as there have been no mafia kills so far for the past 2 nights, I would say that pretty much confirms that I have been the target for the kill at least once. People may argue this can't be proven etc and I know it can't, but I'm guess I was the target at least once, perhaps both times (although that's unlikely) because there have been no deaths yet and I doubt our roleblockers and protectors have got lucky twice in a row.

- Dazz - In the past when I've been in the mafia and one of the people has been accused the mafia has had to come up with ideas for roleclaims etc, and on those occassions people wrote suggestions, amended those suggestions, changed them etc until they were believable. The reason I thought your roleclaim was suspicious is because you explained very clearly what your role was, with specifics about why you left the alliance etc, then repeated the claim but with really vague language ('I left cause there were some bad guys' or something similar). To me that suggested that the mafia may have all been contributing and the copy and paste thing got messed up. All of that said I now 100% believe you because of your long post. When I read that and compare it to the pirate mafia (where you were evil and roleclaimed etc) I can genuinely feel your frustration and passion in this game where I couldn't in the last one. Does that make sense? In the Pirate game you were evil and when people were voting you didn't seem to have anything to say in your own defence. Now you are being accused and you are vehemently defending yourself, and the way you are saying it reminds me of me so much that I am sure you are good. I'm sorry that it took that to convince me, but simply by reading your post yesterday I really did think you were evil, only based on me previous experiences.

- This gives us the advantage of people having voted for a townie yesterday. Obviously I'm on the list of people who voted but hopefully I've adequately explained my reasons. The rest were voting because they agreed with me, or they are mafia trying to get a townie lynched. Either way we have a list to question (and again I know I'm on that list but I hope I have explained myself enough).

I don't know if I missed any questions, apologies if I have but I'm happy to answer them. I'm interested to know whether people think there have been no kills so far because I was the target at least once, or whether our roleblockers/protectors have been awesome? If it's the latter, the roleblockers should probably come forward again today.

It wasn't just a small typo. And Dannyboy confirming who you are doesn't prove anything else but you being a spy, and that's not a good thing.

I was in mid-sentence, it was an accident. I know it wasn't a small typo but it was a typo nonetheless. You're telling me you've never made mistakes?

What information did you receive last night Dazz?

I didn't recieve any information. I messaged Cube because I thought he forgot and he said to me to look at the write-up. I targeted Nintendohnut last night because I wanted to know who he voted for so Nintendohnut must be the off-planet guy nobody can find. That's what I think anyway and that makes me more suspicious of him...either that or he's been kidnapped or not allowed to talk or something...

First of all, the main point against you is that you were roleblocked on a kill-less night, which is never a good thing. However, there being no nightkill last either makes me more willing to trust you. It seems quite obvious to me that it was a mid-sentence "typo", and I wouldn't really consider that proof of anything. Your role as a spy doesn't reveal much about your alignment, either.

Nintendohnut did seem keen on bringing you down considering the evidence. What do you have to say about this, Dohnut?

I know it doesn't seem good right now but I promise everybody that the mid-sentence thing was a mistake and I promise you and everybody else that I am good, even if I am a spy. I am a good spy! You literally know as much as I do now. I can't tell you anything else as I have already told you everything.

The last sentence is exactly why I'm so suspicious of him. I've seen the way he plays and he wouldn't just accuse somebody of being mafia without good reason. He normally comes up with these long-winded but fantastic explanations yet he jumped the gun straight away and said I was mafia without letting me explain anything? That's unlike him.

I'm not gonna vote for him yet until he explains why he jumped the gun like that. I'll actually give him the courtesy of giving him a chance to explain first!

See above. Hopefully my explanation is acceptable, it was basically a hunch based on previous experiences when I was in the mafia. To be honest I'd be a pretty dumb mafia member to instantly vote for someone on day 1 based on something like that, because if you'd been lynched and proven to be good I would have instantly been accused the next day for starting a lynch on someone who was a townie.

Reverse tracker

Good news because I'm a good guy! :D

I spy people. I can find out who they target.

I'm someone called Alan Shepherd. I lived in Bellarophone (or somthing like that) and an Alliance recognised me and turned me into an awesome spy. I found out that they did gross experiments on young girls and I was so disgusted, I left and they tried to kill me because I left them. Now I work for used to work for someone but they disgusted me so I quit and now I work for low-lives where I gather intel for planning.

My power is that when I target someone, I learn who they target that night.

I am good and I win when all of the threats are removed.

I don't know why I said reverse tracker. That is clearly a tracker

It seems to me that both Dazz and Dohnut are overdefending themselves a bit here. Moreso Dohnut. And the actual accusations have been pretty flimsy.

I'm suspicious of you Dohnut, what kind of townie is immune to night powers including kills? Have we ever had that before?

I choose a target and I find out who they target.

Also, Nintendohnut, I believe what you're saying and I thank you very much for believing me. I was mostly angry about you jumping to the conclusion I was mafia but now that we've cleared it up, it's all good...the only reason I'm suspicious of you a little more though is because when I targeted you, I didn't recieve a PM and when I asked Cube, he said the write-up explains everything. I look on the write-up and noticed it said:

The man who was off-planet was looked for again today. The people still could not find him.

...which must mean that when I targeted you, I didn't recieve a PM because I could not find you. Could this mean that no power can affect you or are you in hiding or can't you say?

It seems to me that both Dazz and Dohnut are overdefending themselves a bit here. Moreso Dohnut. And the actual accusations have been pretty flimsy.

I'm suspicious of you Dohnut, what kind of townie is immune to night powers including kills? Have we ever had that before?

What he said.

There's no evidence of a vigilante. His power would be totally useless if there isn't one.

But since he's not only untargettable by killers (presumably), but by everyone, his power wouldn't be useless as a mafia, making it a bit suspicious still.

I have a feeling the cake thing might be poison, and that's how the mafia kill.

No I know, I don't think we have had it before, I think that's why Cube's done it. I suppose my challenge in the game is convincing you that I'm good because there is no way to definitively prove it. My power is also my curse as no investigator can target me and confirm me good, and my power automatically looks suspicious. I'll address the bolded bit below

There's no evidence of a vigilante. His power would be totally useless if there isn't one.

I'm not sure what you mean by this I'm afraid :/ Are you saying my being untargetable is totally useless unless there is a vigilante? I would argue otherwise as it has already prevented a mafia kill.

But since he's not only untargettable by killers (presumably), but by everyone, his power wouldn't be useless as a mafia, making it a bit suspicious still.

That's what I'm saying, and it's also why I seem to be over-defending myself. I realise how suspicious I look, which is why I know I have to try and convince you all from the start that I'm not lying, which is why I've been so proactive in my defence.

As for it being useful as a mafia member, I also completely agree with that. I'm pretty sure that's why Cube's given it to a townie - it's a really useful power but makes me look extremely suspicious. I understand why people are suspicious, and I'm guessing this was Cube's intention. Does that make sense? I hope so.

I'm not sure what you mean by this I'm afraid :/ Are you saying my being untargetable is totally useless unless there is a vigilante? I would argue otherwise as it has already prevented a mafia kill.

Sméagol means that unless there's a vigilante, being immune to kills is pointless for a mafia member, lending a bit of credit to your power. However, I proceeded to point out that since you're immune to everything, it doesn't matter either way.

So Nintendohnut, (I may have missed it before or totally forgot because I'm a bit tired now so forgive me if I have) is your power immunity or is there more? Are you able to tell us everything?

Also, to Zell, when we find out who we can trust in the game, I would like for somebody with the ability to know if the player is good or bad to target me. I do not mind whatsoever if you do target me but not right now as, most likely, nobody would believe you. But if there is somebody out there who can confirm my role or alignment by their power, I would love for you to target me and then tell everybody that I am telling the truth.

Pum whaxavo te axadmit, Pum saxaw zis eno cemick :P

axas ug caxan soo, Pum waxas lero-frengow raxach nidd, se Pum whaxavo jethick te axaght. Pum'rr fo berrewick zis axalgumonk cresorupp. Ninkoctehnut Ms. Daxazz zon? Eno nud pit spupp, zo ethol nud dinvincifro? axai axai axai!

Zo numfols zolo axalo voaxank te fo zo axaffloviaxatien eb "molsus" - pit kritst din zo slaxansraxatel.

Cufo: Pum axaccidonki ox dechow zo raxach sonkaxanco eb zis dech din jen-jiffolisk. Pum porotow dit fobelo ethols saxaw, fut Pum bigulow Pum'd torr ug eb vupp visdomoaxanel, haxat um foick sust pit saxainkrupp dechol pi axarr ;)

Ah, they've gone for jay seeing he was the one translating it allllll. We're gonna have to look through what he did yesterday to work it out....

Although it does mean one thing, when Jayseven's curse breaks, he'll know exactly what the next person who gets cursed has said and he can tell us!

Heh. Nice. **

Apart from a mafia game's first ever paedophile

I've run plenty of games....

Although it does mean one thing, when Jayseven's curse breaks, he'll know exactly what the next person who gets cursed has said and he can tell us!

While he isn't allowed to use the translator, he should be able to figure out the code completely on his own now. Surely that's allowed?

Heh. Nice. **

I've run plenty of games....

But did you ever have lesbian sex with a 13-year-old? I think not! :awesome:

Twice I've written a long post and it's been deleted by something.

Basically I think Nintendohnut is evil.

Vote Nintendohnut

Why do you think he is evil? Apart from the theories being put forward so far?

I think Nintendohnut is neutral personally.

I'm call dibbs/shotgun on not having to work out code :p

Dazz can you not get involved in figuring out the code?

Also Smeagol, is the poisoning and feeling ill you from yesterday which causes that effect? So we can assume the teenager is jayseven?

Why do you think he is evil? Apart from the theories being put forward so far?

I think Nintendohnut is neutral personally.

I'm call dibbs/shotgun on not having to work out code :p

Dazz can you not get involved in figuring out the code?

Also Smeagol, is the poisoning and feeling ill you from yesterday which causes that effect? So we can assume the teenager is jayseven?

I've tried really hard, I can't. I can only make out mine and Nintendohnut's name so I guess he's trying to say something about our little debate earlier on. Also, I think he may have said something about Cube where he's said "Cufo" so does 'fo' mean 'be' or something. It's extremely confusing!

I also have a theory. I think that whoever solves what the language is, they speak like that themselves.

Also, might be making something out of nothing but why did you just single me out like that, Ell?

I also have a theory. I think that whoever solves what the language is, they speak like that themselves.

Sorry, but this just sounds silly. It's much more plausible that the mafia used it on jay because he's the one who figured it out. It almost sounds like you're trying to prevent people from attempting to crack it ...

I'm going to look back at Jay's posts and see if I can have a crack at translating. I don't have a targeting ability so I may as well try and be of some use this way.

And when I fail I'm sure HeroicJanitor will be ready with a translation

Running commentary:

We whame te admit, We saw zis one coming :P

we have to admit, we saw this one coming

as you can see, We was rere-brengew rach nidd, se We whame jezind te aght. We'll be bellewind zis argument creserupp. Nintendehnut vs. Dazz zen? Ene nud pit spupp, ze ezer nud dinmincibre? ai ai ai!

as you can see, we were something.... we'll be behind this argument? Nintendohnut vs Dazz then... something...

Ze numbers zere are meant te be ze abbremiatien eb "mersus" - pit tritst din ze sransrater.

The numbers there are meant to be the abbreviation eg versus, put this in the translator?

Cube: We accidenti ex dechew ze rach sentance eb zis dech din jen-jibberist. We peretew dit bebere ezers saw, but We bigurew We'd tell you eb mupp misdemeaner, hat um beind sust pit saintrupp decher pi all

Cube: we accidentally something sentence.. this.. in gibberish? we something.... saw but we... we'd tell you.... misdemeanor... something

Working through....