NEurope
Cube

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

It was fun :P and frankly it makes me suspicious of YOU, dannyboy. I thought you'd not be encouraging people to not bother trying to crack the code AND CUBE'S ENTIRE GAME as a consequence :P

Figured the last line; "and for the record Cube, the sigh stayed the same in translation," or words to that effect.

also another bit I forgot to translate was smeagol saying, of diageo when he noticed the capital C; "I wish you were so smart (like the usual you) in my mafia."

Smeagol thinks Peeps did it to him as peeps was first to suggest/declare smeagol must've eaten the porridge. I don't know if that's evidence enough, but hey, I've posed the question to peeps and it'd be nice if he replies !

Heck, I'm impressed you cracked it. :heh: Never did I suggest we shouldn't bother trying to crack it, I was merely remarking on the fact that I thought there had to be an easier way. Would I suggest there was an online converter if I was trying to prevent people from translating it? :heh:

Also, it's pretty vague evidence against Peeps, if you ask me, but it may just suggest he's mafia. Bottom line: It's pretty impossible to tell.

Haha, it means I was right. It all makes sense. Well done Jayseven. Very good work. I think this means you are definitely not mafia, as Cube would never let you do such a thing unless you were unaware of the code.

I don't think Cube thought you would crack the code so easily. He underestimated you Jayseven.

I guess the mafia's silence ability has gone down the drain now.

Since Cube implemented a code in the game, surely it was to give people a chance to crack it? Why would he implement a code if he didn't want people to attempt to crack? He could've just made it a regular silence ability, then.

You say he is being given an online translator like it means something? Well great work Jayseven! You didn't have to do so damn well though, I wanted a shot at it too :p I'll try to help you finish it off though.

You say he is being given an online translator like it means something? Well great work Jayseven! You didn't have to do so damn well though, I wanted a shot at it too :p I'll try to help you finish it off though.

Well, I just don't think most people would sit down and translate long posts like that using a cypher that's not even a simple letter switching. Hence why I believe an online translator exists somewhere. Otherwise Sméagol is very persistent, but he know he can be that in mafia games! Still, it's a bit much to bet on from Cube's side if he had any intentions of this mechanic working.

I wouldn't clear Jay as town quite so fast....I mean it could have all been a plan. But...yes....that is incredibly impressive if true. :p

Well I was thinking that if it is a mafia ability, they could've used it on one of their own, but it makes sense to target Smeagol. I can understand the suspicion aimed at me but my posts pretty much show you step-by-step how I was working it out. I'd say that's far too elaborate a ruse!

P.S. Fairly sure there's no online translator. Smeagol made a few mistakes (I think) with some of his translations.

Anything more advanced than notepad can replace letters with other letters for you, but I've just realised Sméagol doesn't actually have anything to say :( It could be designed to wear out the day? Well anyway does anyone have anything?

This is great and all, but Cube may change the code every night. If this is the case, we will just have to crack it every time (although he may now make it trickier).

Do we have anything important to talk about? There's a chance that the spy is the would-be killer who got roleblocked.

Guessing Sméagol ate the porridge then.

I don't remember anyone talking like that in the series... I can't get any meaning/translation out of it. ::shrug:

If you can post more Sméagol please do so... unless you really are just typing gibberish that we can't translate.

Well that was my reaction so it's quite a jump to assume I'm the one who did it. It certainly wasn't me, I have no night power. I do have an optional double vote though.

Would it make translation easier if we actually gave Sméagol a sentence to repeat?

Well, that's impressive. I do hope the code stays the same, should other people be affected.

Anyway, no roleblocker came forward, so... I guess we have no lead to follow, now. That spy must be mafia, so we should keep our eye on him, for future reference.

Wait ... reading the write-up again, I discovered I'm in it. I am the roleblocker who gave the spy "an offer he couldn't refuse". The question is if we think that's enough evidence to lynch the fella on?

What was your offer? He seemed to be refreshed by it.

If Sméagol is the one who ate the porridge then the spy is the only instance (in the write-up) of someone being stopped in their intended action. Not concrete evidence but enough to keep suspicion on whoever it is.

Wait ... reading the write-up again, I discovered I'm in it. I am the roleblocker who gave the spy "an offer he couldn't refuse". The question is if we think that's enough evidence to lynch the fella on?

Better than nothing :)

Well I was thinking that if it is a mafia ability, they could've used it on one of their own, but it makes sense to target Smeagol. I can understand the suspicion aimed at me but my posts pretty much show you step-by-step how I was working it out. I'd say that's far too elaborate a ruse!

P.S. Fairly sure there's no online translator. Smeagol made a few mistakes (I think) with some of his translations.

Kew daxamn ug'lo pit konius. El ug axalo vaxabiaxa, axas LoZ suggochs. Fut riko ug saxaupp, zaxat weurd fo baxal tee oraxafelaxato pit luso bel zo vaxabiaxa, kivick an eno eb zoil axafiritios te "croaxal" en eb zoil ewn. Pum plobol te zint ug axalo zo konius cedofloaxakol ;). Pum, en zo etholhaxact, axam coltaxainrupp jet.. Pum'v jet loi ox dinke cedos. Cufo kaxavo vo up enrino slaxansraxatel, fut Pum caxaniz kivo ug zo rint (se Pum id [di]jet[/di] vaxako axanupp vichaxakos. Act zis weurd fo baxal tee cumfolsemo te fo eno eb [di]vupp[/di] didoaxas! :D). Fut joithol vo el Cufo axankicipaxatow doepro claxangick zis cedo se baxach, zis waxas efvieusrupp jet paxalt eb whis praxan. Pum goss dechick, focaxauso Pum waxankow te dech haxat rittro Pum whaxad te saxaupp, rotttick ug gned haxat whaxapponow, pi cemmonk en yeep loaxandiens din zo enrupp waxaupp Pum caxan bel zo vemonk. Act te kivo eep cedo claxangols semothick te welk en ;).

Bel axanyeno dinkolochow din cedoclaxangick, up [ebb-tepic] rint:

whttp://www.wilow.cem/scionco/iscevolios/vaxagaxazino/12-09/bb_klyptes

(skeurd fo dinkolochick axas ug wirr gned hon ug whaxavo zo cedo cemprotorupp lidd, focaxauso ug joow dit te vaxako zo rint welk :D)

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/ff_kryptos

Kew daxamn ug'lo pit konius. El ug axalo vaxabiaxa, axas LoZ suggochs. Fut riko ug saxaupp, zaxat weurd fo baxal tee oraxafelaxato pit luso bel zo vaxabiaxa, kivick an eno eb zoil axafiritios te "croaxal" en eb zoil ewn. Pum plobol te zint ug axalo zo konius cedofloaxakol ;). Pum, en zo etholhaxact, axam coltaxainrupp jet.. Pum'v jet loi ox dinke cedos. Cufo kaxavo vo up enrino slaxansraxatel, fut Pum caxaniz kivo ug zo rint (se Pum id [di]jet[/di] vaxako axanupp vichaxakos. Act zis weurd fo baxal tee cumfolsemo te fo eno eb [di]vupp[/di] didoaxas! :D). Fut joithol vo el Cufo axankicipaxatow doepro claxangick zis cedo se baxach, zis waxas efvieusrupp jet paxalt eb whis praxan. Pum goss dechick, focaxauso Pum waxankow te dech haxat rittro Pum whaxad te saxaupp, rotttick ug gned haxat whaxapponow, pi cemmonk en yeep loaxandiens din zo enrupp waxaupp Pum caxan bel zo vemonk.

Act te kivo eep cedo claxangols semothick te welk en ;).

(skeurd fo dinkolochick axas ug wirr gned hon ug whaxavo zo cedo cemprotorupp lidd, focaxauso ug joow dit te vaxako zo rint welk :D)

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/ff_kryptos

God damn you're [a] genius. Or you are mafia, as ReZ suggests. But like you say, that would be far too elaborate a ruse for the mafia, giving an(up?) one of their abilities te "clear" one of their own. I prefer to think youare the genius codebreaker ;). I, on the otherhand, am certainly not. I'm not meant(really?) into codes. Cube gave me up (an?) online translator not (but?), but I can't give you the link (so I did not [lol at the italic clue:P] make any mistakes [lol! Must just be my tired head, it's rather painful staring at a wall of nonsense for an hour]. And this would be bar far [see, b=f so this is the sort of 'mistake' I kept seeing] too confusing to be one of my ideas! :D). But neither me or cube anticipated people cracking this code so fast, this was obviously not part of this plan. I kess (guess? kept?) posting [see, d is either w or p!], because I wanted to post what little I had to say, letting you know what happened, pi (to?) comment on yeep (your?) readings in the only way I can for the moment.

And to give eep (the? any?) code crankers something to work on ;).

For anyone interested in codecracking, an off-topic link:

[damn you I just translated that link before I saw you posted it underneath!!]

(should be interesting as you will know when you have the code completely ripp (?), because you need it to make the link work)

-----

The d-before-I rule confuses me the most. Not sure what lidd is, I presume the dd is another suffix.

I actually lost my code-breaking notes earlier when my computer crashed, so this gave me the chance to make fresher notes.

I never would've done it if you hadn't posted so much. My biggest breaks were o=e and axa=a, from there it was all about context.

I wonder if cube'll use a different code next time. Fucking hope not...

Here's my vocab sheet, as I may be a likely target tomorrow;

i starter = di starter

h starter = wh starter

Z=th

e=o

upp=y

r=l

b=f

axa=a

v=m (only at start of word?)

d=p, except at end of word, where d=w

ch=st

ck=ng

ct=nd

ss=pt?

sk=sh?

ow=ed, perhaps hence my confusion with occurances of JUST d.

k=g

t=k

j=n?

niz=n't

iz='t

pum=I

pit=a

pe=to?

yeep=your? All?

eep=any?

peniz=don't

ug=you

goss=guess? kept?

iens=ings

up=an

jet=not?

loi ox=meant? isn't? really?

an=as?

Note: Not all translations are two-way, but generally the form on the left, when found in the code, should correlate to the english translation on the right. I'm sure there are lots of nouns/signifyers that have specific words (see lower down the list), but they're just uncovered via context.

----

ANYWAY!

Vote: No lynch. Sitting clueless here, may as well get this going.

No we didn't, I wonder why he is keeping silent. He has been online after all. Maybe he caught something from Dannyboy? Vote: Dazz until he replies.

Let's just say I'm a "companion" of the highest quality! ;)

The one I kept occupied was Dazz.

It makes sense with the write up. I want to hear from him first but I'm voting on him if he doesn't respond today.

The day's gonna end today anyway, so I'm going to vote for him as well for the time being. I'm by no means convinced, but this is all we have.

Vote: Dazz