NEurope
Cube

Firefly Mafia - Game Thread

I'm sure Sméagol's forced to talk like this, but I can't figure out how to translate it.

Maybe it's drunk dutch? :p

But seriously, it could be related to the series (Never watched it, so I don't know)... Because I am not seeing a good way to translate that, either.

Guessing Sméagol ate the porridge then.

I don't remember anyone talking like that in the series... I can't get any meaning/translation out of it. ::shrug:

If you can post more Sméagol please do so... unless you really are just typing gibberish that we can't translate.

Se ohm, kuys, Pum'v rottick ug gned Pum'mo foon axabbondow fupp semothick.

Weird but just the kind of thing I like, on my phone right now but i'll have fun cracking this when I get to a computer :) Unless it's gibberish, then i'll have frustration.

Smeagol, if you are talking in a cypher, post more words. The more we have to work with, the easier it will be to solve.

Spent 15 minutes trying to decipher that and have decided if Sméagol wanted it deciphered he could have made it easier. It isn't a letter shift, where you move each letter up by a certain number, and if it is a cipher he should have put a one-letter word in. Those commas and apostrophes could easily replaces letters too. I want him to post more before I have another crack at it.

I'm sure Sméagol's forced to talk like this, but I can't figure out how to translate it.

Dit nud jet loi ox voaxank te fo slaxansraxatow, enrupp doepro he whaxavo foon axabbondow fupp dit vaxaupp slaxansraxato dit, fut zoupp wirr gned zo dimpricaxatiens.

Maybe it's drunk dutch? :p

[..]

Dit coltaxainrupp disniz.. Pum peniz kot wrunt.

Spent 15 minutes trying to decipher that and have decided if Sméagol wanted it deciphered he could have made it easier. It isn't a letter shift, where you move each letter up by a certain number, and if it is a cipher he should have put a one-letter word in. Those commas and apostrophes could easily replaces letters too. I want him to post more before I have another crack at it.

Riko Pum saxaid (fut ug vaxaupp jovol gned), dit nud jet voaxank te fo slaxansraxatow. Pum'v dechick pulorupp bel butulo lobolonco se ethols vaxaupp loaxad vupp dinbe raxatol. Se, bel zo loceld:

Zis dis vech rikorupp zo welk eb pit vaxabiaxa vomfol. Pum peniz whaxavo axanupp dinbe, fut quidgick fupp zo loaxandiens doepro kaxavo te vupp bilch dech, Pum whaxavo pit boorick Zo Doops dis fohict dit, who soomow te fo zo vech dinkolochow dib Pum whaxad axanupp usobur dinbe. Efvieusrupp, zo eno he nud axabbondow vo, vuch fo axafro te loaxad haxat Pum dech axas wo spoaxak, se who'rr fo zo eno um zo vech dinkoloch din zoso dechs.

... I think we need supergrunch in here :P Looks like letter-switching. axa may be t. Not had a long enough look. Dinner time for me!

LOLZZZZZZZ.

<sigh>

Pum waxas axarloaxadupp zintick fobelo ug ovon dechow dit, zis chubb seucts iltupp.

(Act bel zo loceld Cufo, zo sigh chaxayow zo saxamo din zo slaxansraxatien)

That's an interesting way to be silenced there Sméagol. I have nothing to add to the discussion, obviously. ¬¬

<sigh>

Pum waxas axarloaxadupp zintick fobelo ug ovon dechow dit, zis chubb seucts iltupp.

There must be a reason there was a capital letter here. Might it mean Cube? There fore making "f=b and o=e"?

Also the last word looks like translate.

Edited by Diageo
Automerged Doublepost

That's an interesting way to be silenced there Sméagol. I have nothing to add to the discussion, obviously. ¬¬

Dit dis, dit sooms te kot iscussien keick. Dit skeurd fo velo dinkolochick din zo joxt tuln zeugh, hon Pum caxan loaxad haxat semoeno orso dis saxayick (axassumick semoeno orso kots axabbondow fupp zis). Din tuln, zaxat dolsen caxan axarse loaxadupp haxat Pum axam dechick zis tuln.

There must be a reason there was a capital letter here. Might it mean Cube? There fore making "f=b and o=e"?

Also the last word looks like translate.

Pum wisk ug wolo se smaxalt (riko zo usuaxar ug) din vupp vaxabiaxa.

He says dit a lot. I think it's "it". I said it was interesting and he said "it is", and the rest I think says, "it's sure to give discussion a kick."

Night 1 is Over

On his way home one of these people went out of his way to earn a bit of extra money. After he completed his task he found a scribbled note on the floor of his house.

I got home to a note that said "Diageo is in love. He has a good heart."

But I am neither a man nor does my role have anything to do with earning any money. So maybe a bit of write up switching/manipulation/placing of notes we don't know whether to trust or not???

Peniz jokes aside, I think it's useless, trying to make some sense of this. We should consult Sméagol later, should he ever regain the ability to speak normally (god, I hope he does)

If this is a case of letter switching, please post the alphabet the way it would look for you, Sméagol.

While I can't rule out anything, I hardly think there'd be a write-up changer when the write-up is so sparse. That would make the mafia way too overpowered, I'd say.

Dit dis, dit sooms te kot iscussien keick

It is, it seems to get the discussion going.

g=k

c=n

o=e

Dit dis, dit seems to get iscussion going

i = di?

it sgourd fe vole ickelenhing in ze jext tuln zough, hon Pum caxac leaxad haxat someone orso dis saxayick (axassumick semoeno orso kots axabbondow fupp zis). Din tuln, zaxat dolsen caxan axarse loaxadupp haxat Pum axam dechick zis tuln.

z= th?

someone = semoeno!

s, m, n aren't switched.

v = wh?

v, t, f, pp, axa

axa = a?

r=l!

it is, it seems to get disussion going. it sk(?)ould fe v(v=m?)ore ingereching (interesting? ch-st?) in ze (z=th?) joxt turn* though, then Pum (I?) can read what semoeno else is saying (assuming someone else kers abbendow fupp is). in turn, zat person can also reapupp? what Pum aam deching (doing?) is turn.

joxt = next.

j=n, x is x.

a= axa I think.

Smeagol has taken h to be a vowel?

fupp = that?

d=p

f=b

Not sure n=c. Getting there!

Dit dis, dit sooms te kot iscussien keick. Dit skeurd fo velo dinkolochick din zo joxt tuln zeugh, hon Pum caxan loaxad haxat semoeno orso dis saxayick (axassumick semoeno orso kots axabbondow fupp zis). Din tuln, zaxat dolsen caxan axarse loaxadupp haxat Pum axam dechick zis tuln.

It is, it seems to get discussion going. It should be more interesting in the next turn though, when I can read what someone else is saying (assuming someone else gets axabbondow fupp is). In turn, that person can also readupp what I am doing this turn.

I must assume fupp is "this". It would make teh bolded bit easier to understand. I'd assume axabbondow means targetted, however.

Translating rules

- Words that start with the letter I must have a vowel, typically D, put in front of them.

- Words where the second letter is h lose their first letter.

- o=e

- g=k

- r=l

- f=b

- d=p

- j=n

- axa=a

- v=wh

- z=th

There are still bits missing, and perhaps some words are completely swapped out. Will go back and translate all his stuff, grateful for any automerge

Those rules seem too complex for anyone to have to work out, though. Heck, I'd probably just stay silent instead of trying to say anything. Though it is Sméagol we're talking about, I do believe the rules are either simpler than that, or there is some sort of converter online.

That's true, there seems to be large amounts of text coming from Sméagol even with this problem. I would say there is some place he is sticking his text to translate.

Note: There may have been a slight mistake in the write-up due to me being a div. I've altered it slightly. Sorry for that.

Ah, it's changed to "they" and "their" in that bit that I quoted.

Still, I have no idea about the money bit.

I can't guarentee 100% accurate as in some instances one letter seems to replace two letters, and vice-versa, and in some instances it seems w=d but d=t, etc. Fairly sure sometimes meagol's made his own mistakes :P

Se ohm, kuys, Pum'v rottick ug gned Pum'mo foon axabbondow fupp semothick.

so ehm, guys, I'm letting uk(?) know I've been affected bupp something.

Bupp = by? f=b, upp = e

I also lost the initial post smeagol initially replied to, so the next bits may need another look in comparison to who he was quoting!

Dit nud jet loi ox voaxank te fo slaxansraxatow, enrupp doepro he whaxavo foon axabbondow fupp dit vaxaupp slaxansraxato dit, fut zoupp wirr gned zo dimpricaxatiens.

It ju(s)t (isn't meant????) to be translated, only people who have

been affected by it may translate it, but (the)y will know the implications.

Dit coltaxainrupp disniz.. Pum peniz kot wrunt.

It certainly isn't... I don't get drunk.

Riko Pum saxaid (fut ug vaxaupp jovol gned), dit nud jet voaxank te fo slaxansraxatow. Pum'v dechick pulorupp bel butulo lobolonco se ethols vaxaupp loaxad vupp dinbe raxatol. Se, bel zo loceld:

Like I said (but you(?) may never know), it just isn't meant to be translated. I'm posting purely for future reference so others may read my info later. so, for the record:

Zis dis vech rikorupp zo welk eb pit vaxabiaxa vomfol. Pum peniz whaxavo axanupp dinbe, fut quidgick fupp zo loaxandiens doepro kaxavo te vupp bilch dech, Pum whaxavo pit boorick Zo Doops dis fohict dit, who soomow te fo zo vech dinkolochow dib Pum whaxad axanupp usobur dinbe. Efvieusrupp, zo eno he nud axabbondow vo, vuch fo axafro te loaxad haxat Pum dech axas wo spoaxak, se who'rr fo zo eno um zo vech dinkoloch din zoso dechs.

This is most likely the work of the mafia member. I don't have any info, but (judging by reactions?) people gave to my first post, I have the feeling The Peeps is behind it, who seemed to be the most interested if I had anyuseful info. Enviously (evidently?), the one who had affected me, must be able to read what I post as he (?) speak, so he'll be the one of the most interest in these posts.

<sigh>

<Sikwh>

I was already thinting before ug(?) even posted it, this shit sounds dirty (?)

(Ask for the resort Sube (nube?), the sigh? stayed the same in the sranclation? Translation?)

This last bit really threw me.A lot of it is uncertain, there are many rules I must be missing but there are certain letters which switch both ways that I know of for sure.

IS S a T OR A C OR WHAT AAAAH.

anyway, yeah, Peeps 'splain yo'self.

You have WAY too much time on your hands, jay! :heh: Still, there has to be a converter somewhere online. Smeagz wouldn't painstakingly sit there and translate all that.

Very interesting Jayseven.

It seems at the end that sméagol is either asking why sigh stayed the same or if it does stay the same. Cufo seems to be Cube.

If the first then he is being given an online translator to put his text into.