NEurope
Guy

Nostalgia: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

They had better have some version of the original theme song somewhere in there. Like maybe busting it out when they first build the Megazord.

They had better have some version of the original theme song somewhere in there. Like maybe busting it out when they first build the Megazord.

You're half-ish right.

Also this game coming out, not sure I really like the style though, it looks like a flash cartoon

Did anyone bother getting this? I quite liked the look of it but I've got so many games to play at the moment that I really shouldn't be buying yet another. Think I'll leave it until it appears in a sale.

Did anyone bother getting this? I quite liked the look of it but I've got so many games to play at the moment that I really shouldn't be buying yet another. Think I'll leave it until it appears in a sale.

Buying it on payday in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've heard some bad things about it! Like it gets very difficult single player (but doesnt have online multiplayer) to the point you have to grind to level up to make further progress.

Just started rewatching Linkara's history of Power Rangers series. Its making me want to rewatch all of MMPR but also buy a Megazord finally!

Was confused for a sec there because Tommy's actor is called Jason, he got hench because he does MMA :p

The new film is out tomorrow! I've heard it's part Breakfast Club and part super goofy fun that captures the original tone. But, as usual no actual feedback at this point. I'm not expecting much but... anyone going to see it right away? I'll probably go a few weeks in on Meerkat movies, as long as its not like a 10%-er on RT.

Annoying they aren't wearing colour codes ties.

Also, blue ranger is old!

Its nice to see David Yost actually feels comfortable doing this kind of stuff still considering the treatment he got while doing the show.

Annoying they aren't wearing colour codes ties.

Also, blue ranger is old!

Tommy would have to wear one that was green, white and red. :D

Its nice to see David Yost actually feels comfortable doing this kind of stuff still considering the treatment he got while doing the show.

From what I understand he wasn't mistreated by his fellow main cast, that's a common misconception online. It was mostly the production staff, none of whom will be involved in this movie. I hope he'd like to put all that behind him and not let them stop him being proud of the role he played.

From what I understand he wasn't mistreated by his fellow main cast, that's a common misconception online. It was mostly the production staff, none of whom will be involved in this movie. I hope he'd like to put all that behind him and not let them stop him being proud of the role he played.

I know he wasn't. I was talking about being put off by the brand and show in general.

Gonna see the film next week. Apparently they already have 5 sequels ready to greenlight if it does well in the box office.

Stunned how good it was. Great. The characters were absolutely superb. Not enough (good) action, certainly out of the zords, but I loved it. Totally cheesy in places, but I reiterate that I really, really liked the characters.

Wow, serioisly surprised with how good that was

Despite being a PR fan I went in with low expectations and was damn well surprised. They actually made a good effort on this.

Not really like the show, all updated more mature, still some cheesy moments but good cheese I guess is best way to put, nothing that took away from film anywayCharacters werent goody too shoes, or already near expert fighters like in orginal show. Actually felt like real people. For the most part it actually felt more like a coming of age type film. Some adult jokes too and

one ranger even comes out as gay

but nothing forced for sake of trying to be mature like all felt natural like all their issues were real life issue people would have. Character building actually very good.

They also dont just get given their powers like in the shows, even after finding the power coins amd Zordon they still have to work to earn the suits or prove themselves I guess.

Visuals for when they do get suits and fight were pretty good too and CGI on zords was decent. They must have had a decent sized budget which I didnt think they would get.

If anyone was a fan of the show you will def enjoy it. Not sure how a non fan might react to it but maybe if the trailers appealed to ya maybe give a go, might be surprised.

Couple of Stan Lee type cameos from a couple of original actors towards end too which was nice. Again not forced, but nice to see like a Stan Lee cameo. And a mid credits bonus scene too. Nothing major but a nice set up for a potential sequel. :)

No "morphing role call" when they learn to morph. I was waiting for that. Morphing just happens :(

Edited by Mokong

Someone buy this for me...

BANA10555.jpg

A few of us were at Forbidden Planet on Saturday and we seen this. It was £110 and one of the lads said he would have snapped it up had it been the Green or White Ranger helmet.

Red was always my favourite so its the perfect one for me. I've got a great place in some shelving to display it as well.

That was frickin' awesome. What a film. I was thinking during it that a sequel would be amazing but I actually hope they don't...

the best part of the film, for me, was before they figured out how to morph and before the big fight scenes. They're just predictable but the story line leading up to it was fantastic. In a sequel they would struggle to replicate it.

Anyone who vaguely liked the Power Rangers on TV years ago should see this, as should anyone who likes super hero films.

Just saw the film few moments ago. Started with a low expectations but it end up being a good spring film. Can't wait to see the other 5 sequels they planned once if it does well in the blockbuster. Especially the film adaption of the Green with Evil arc.

Just saw this. Really enjoyed it for the nostalgia factor, and the extremely cheesiness of it all.

However, what abomination was that black zord all about? Since when has Zack ridden to battle on a stag beetle?