The Official Devil Survivor (Series) Thread

Dante

Info:

- Remake

- 90% complete, full voice acting , 8 days than 7, 150 demons

- Game at the bottom screen, Menu/Stats on the top screen

Scans:

bhknj.th.jpg

Altus thinks having 3D menus is better than having the game in 3D?

Edited by Retro_Link

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It looks like Debug Mode's year-old scepticism on the topic has reached Ghostlight, as the publisher has confirmed it will release both Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) and Devil Survivor 2 (DS) in Europe.

Excellent news. Now let's have that Persona 3DS game put into production.

I'll definitely support this, in the hopes that they'll bring over future Atlus games, too.

I still feel a bit bad because I imported Trails in the Sky two days before Ghostlight announced it was bringing the game to Europe.

It looks like Debug Mode's year-old scepticism on the topic has reached Ghostlight, as the publisher has confirmed it will release both Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) and Devil Survivor 2 (DS) in Europe.

Excellent news. Now let's have that Persona 3DS game put into production.

Its amazing that Europe is getting unshafted for once. Never heard of Ghostlight but they have my instant respect. :hehe:

• 2 months later...

From a Ghostlight dev blog:

In other news, we’re making excellent progress on Devil Survivor 2 (DS) and Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS). They really are both excellent games so watch out for more news on these two over the next few weeks. I’ll also be announcing that Ghostlight has secured another Japanese 3DS game for release this year and before you start guessing, no, it’s not a JRPG this time!

Finally some news I've been waiting for, now I can wait more calmly. You guys have an idea of what this Non-JRPG game that's going to be released this year is?

Edited by -Dem0-

From a Ghostlight dev blog:

Finally some news I've been waiting for, now I can wait more calmly. You guys have an idea of what this Non-JRPG game that's going to be released this year is?

It's Code of Princess (check the game's thread)

So that leaves Nano Assault and Sakura Samurai as the only games that's available in the US and not the EU. Of course that's all on Majesco and Nintendo's respective shoulders and not Ghostlight's there. Shame that there's still so much left as Japan only :(

Edited by Dcubed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like it. I'm very disappointed, I was looking forward to playing it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/01/devil-survivor-overclocked-and-devil-survivor-2-delayed-to-2013-in-europe/

“I regret to report that it is looking increasingly likely that both Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 will not be released until 2013,” Ghostlight’s Ross Brierley writes.

“This is incredibly disappointing as we were very much hoping to be able to release both titles this year, but sadly this has not been possible.”

“It’s not as simple as just putting our name on it and getting ratings,” Brierley tweeted to an inquiring fan. “There are different requirements which require coding changes and testing as well. In this case [Overclocked] was our first 3DS title and some aspects ended up taking longer than we expected.”

Regarding specific changes that need to be made, Brierley says that he is under a non-disclosure agreement, and so, is unable to share further details.

And the end of year releases for the 3DS continue to dry up. It's a shame as I was quite looking forward to some RPG action on the 3DS. :( Honestly, if it wasn't for having a few Zelda games on the thing, via the ambassador programme and VC, my 3DS would have just been gathering dust for the past couple of months.

Atlus has nothing to do with the PAL release though, it's Ghostlight's job to get it out.

I've said it before but I wish that Atlus would create a branch in Europe for the PAL market. With region locking we are going to continue to miss out on many quality games.