NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skip to 2:15.

Cube i could kiss you!

the video's are far better than Gamesradar's pictures

the guys reasoning after i agree with most, dragon mounts might be hard for the 360 (flying for instance) and would probably only work on high end PC's

but the subtle environement changes, and kill cams could come in an update

i'd like the vampire and werewolf perks adding in some dlc, morrowind had blood moon and skyrim already has werewolves so it seems logical that they include them especially considering how poor weres become in the game due to the complete lack of defense.

Thing is, half of this stuff has already been created by the modders. Not as accomplished, granted, but that was without the tools that Bethesda have used, and only just recently provided.

EDIT: oh and first dlc has been released. It was high resolution textures which i *think* is for the PC only.

Thing is, half of this stuff has already been created by the modders. Not as accomplished, granted, but that was without the tools that Bethesda have used, and only just recently provided.

EDIT: oh and first dlc has been released. It was high resolution textures which i *think* is for the PC only.

Thought Microsoft had a deal that the 360 would get the first 2 DLC packs first.

The Wabbajack has to be one of the most awesome weapons you get in this game. The great thing is, they've transferred the sense of humour and just plain wackyness from the Fallout Games over to Skyrim, which is great, since the previous iterations in the series were unnecessarily po faced in their seriousness.

well i'd rebuy it for the PC but my laptop isn't upto it (2.1ghz dual core, 1gb 9600 GT graphics card) thats only minimum requirements, so i only have the 360 version

i might get the pc version cheap or see if i can borrow a mates

I was just about to buy Skyrim on Steam, but it's gone back up to ?35. Annoying. I'll have to wait for another sale.

Thought Microsoft had a deal that the 360 would get the first 2 DLC packs first.

So did I but it's listed as DLC on steam even though, as Wesley says, it isnt really. The game should have had those hi res textures on the pc to start with. Some of them are just uncompressed versions of the textures :S

I was just about to buy Skyrim on Steam, but it's gone back up to ?35. Annoying. I'll have to wait for another sale.

I picked it up this week in the Steam sale myself. I know it's been around for cheaper before (pre and post Christmas, although ?23 is still the best price seen on Steam), but I thought I'd get it anyway as it's becoming less common.

Always get a bit nervous buying PC games as I never know who they will run, especially given I'm playing on a laptop but it looks and plays well enough for my needs. Now the trick is to try and prevent it taking over my life as I've already put in a good few hours over the last couple of days.

Would like to have a fiddle with the creation kit at some point when I have the time.

Always get a bit nervous buying PC games as I never know who they will run, especially given I'm playing on a laptop but it looks and plays well enough for my needs. Now the trick is to try and prevent it taking over my life as I've already put in a good few hours over the last couple of days.

Would like to have a fiddle with the creation kit at some point when I have the time.

is it similar spec to what i said about mine above? would help me know if i could get it.

I know New Vegas was similar specs and works amazingly well on my laptop with a load of texture packs and mods (apart from the odd crash due to mod conflict...)

is it similar spec to what i said about mine above? would help me know if i could get it.

Not really. It's a fair bit more powerful but I know Oblivion was coded pretty shodily and I've read many comments expressing a similiar disatisfaction at this games PC optimization. Apparently v1.04 includes some tricks that featured in the SkyBoost mod that drastically improves performance on some machines so it might have run pretty badly before that for me even though on the unofficial list of GFX card performance, mine is sitting in the medium/high bracket.

Well finally did "the deed" in the dark brotherhood storyline and I'm starting to collect the achievements now. I have 33/50 so far.....

I recently started getting trouble with the game. I just did the Thieves' Guild second mission (shadow the lizard) and afterwards my game has been very laggy. Not while walking around, but when I want to look into my inventory or other's or chests. It takes ages to load, about 10 seconds, and when in, it also takes some time to equip or drop items. I play the Xbox-version, and I have tried clearing the cache. It helped, but not as much as I had hoped. Any of you experienced the same, or do you have any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found the problem now: Somehow, I suddenly had 31589 copies of the same letter in my inventory. I can see how that may cause a slight slowdown when looking at the inventory! I'm trying to drop them now but that will take some time.

Edited by MindFreak

I am literally about to start this game....my body is ready...

But is your souuul?

But is your souuul?

Hahaha yes it is! Put in 15 hours so far....My highlight thus far has to be Barbaras (sp?) the dog was totally unexpected.

Overall enjoying the game...not sure I like the Perks System as much as that of Fallout. I get the sense to level up things like Smithing etc... I'm going to have to put the hours in smithing, enchanting weapons I have no intention of using just to get the level up there to be able to gain the levels to smith weapons I want to.

Not touched the Main Quest in the slightest concerntrating on clearing out "dungeons" and doing side quests.

Hahaha yes it is! Put in 15 hours so far....My highlight thus far has to be Barbaras (sp?) the dog was totally unexpected.

Overall enjoying the game...not sure I like the Perks System as much as that of Fallout. I get the sense to level up things like Smithing etc... I'm going to have to put the hours in smithing, enchanting weapons I have no intention of using just to get the level up there to be able to gain the levels to smith weapons I want to.

Not touched the Main Quest in the slightest concerntrating on clearing out "dungeons" and doing side quests.

Smithing is easy to level up once you have decent money (which is easy once you have played the game for awhile, I struggled at first but then ended up with loads), just make Iron Daggers (they only need one iron ignot and leather strip per dagger, and they can be easily bought from blacksmiths). And then sell the daggers for some coin back.

Smithing is easy to level up once you have decent money (which is easy once you have played the game for awhile, I struggled at first but then ended up with loads), just make Iron Daggers (they only need one iron ignot and leather strip per dagger, and they can be easily bought from blacksmiths). And then sell the daggers for some coin back.

ah right cool I will start picking up daggers and doing that then cheers for the advice, think it will stand me in good stead to get smithing leveled up so can improve enchanted weapons and such.

Yeah as a tip, here are by far the best things to level (ie. use trainers/level them manually a lot) regardless of your style of play:

Alchemy aaaa \

Enchanting aaa|---> To make uber weapons/equipment that let you slaughter anything

Smithing aaaa /

And personal opinion, but sneak, one-handed and light armour are great.

Magic isn't as powerful but for the sake of easy levels it's useful to get the spell muffle to level illusion (hotkey it and cast it as you go about your day).

I used started off using destruction magic all the time but then changed to Conjuration when I learned the Bound weapons which I then used the most and so was the first one I got to level 100.

By creating swords or axe all the time and then using them increased conjuration and the one handed or two handed skill as well!

Up until today, I'd not done any enchanting but I took it from it's starting level (16 is it for a Nord?) to 25 in a matter of minutes at a table and couple more visits have seen it rocket up to 35 already. All I've been doing is getting enhancements from weapons/armour I never intend to use and it's soon gone up.

Despite being a typical warrior type and relying on one handed weapons, and my bow, I kept my stone thingy set to the Mage so my magic kept more in line with my other stuff since I knew I wouldn't be as reliant on it. Seems to have done the trick but now I've found the stone that grants a bonus to everything.

Yeah, I leveled up my enchanting to 100 recently, because I'm an Archer, and decent bows are near impossibly to find, so the best course of action is to take the best one you have and add a few decent enchantments to it. At the moment, my Daedric bow a 46pt fire damage enchantment and a 60pt absorb health enchantment.

Hoping when the DLC is out we get some more perk points, I'm looking to level up my smithing.

Although, my necklace, gauntlets and helmet all have a 42% archery buff on em :heh:

Wow so much to think about. At he moment use one handed and destruction spells. My one handed is one I enchanted myself.

Got a couple more trophies to go for the Platinum. I'm finding the Thieves Guild quest line mind numbingly boring. Especially the loading times between areas.

Also, Dark Souls.