Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Military Strength bar is half blue/green and half gray and the Readiness Rating stays at 50% throughout the game, I'm assuming increasing the latter through multiplayer/terrible iPhone games just increases the colored portion of the former, thereby making it easier to fill up.

I doubt increasing your Readiness Rating if your Military Strength bar is already full does anything, so anyone who's gotten that far would be better off just finishing the game.

I doubt increasing your Readiness Rating if your Military Strength bar is already full does anything, so anyone who's gotten that far would be better off just finishing the game.

Nah, I want the achievement which requires you to have the highest level of readiness. Once I get it then I will finish the game. It will also help me to see the best ending.

Since the Military Strength bar is half blue/green and half gray and the Readiness Rating stays at 50% throughout the game, I'm assuming increasing the latter through multiplayer/terrible iPhone games just increases the colored portion of the former, thereby making it easier to fill up.

It's not terrible... action wise its good they've done an excellent job of transferring the controls to the limited touch screen controls.;...plot wise offers very little. Hints at some interesting cerberus stuff that's all and I think....

and they are arguing about cerberus and what they have done to his body and they look down saying what will you become and look down at a body it is that of the character you play.

But easy way to get from 50-60% in one playthrough which I managed...then there is new game +.

The galactic readiness is not purely multiplayer. It said right at the beginning of the game when you first shown that screen that if you don't visit areas then your readiness will drop...mine has it was 60% after ios game and then dropped to 59% in one play session purely single player. I played one game of multiplayer afterwards and it is now up to 63%....

Having said that this explains it spoiler free....

Quick refresh for the late-comers: your job in Mass Effect 3 is to mooch around a war-troubled galaxy, approaching representatives of key races and factions and saying things like "hey kids, why not put aside your stupid centuries-old sectarian differences so we can all concentrate on giving Johnny Reaper a jolly good stuffing". Once they're on board, races and factions contribute their warriors, fleets and so forth to your War Assets total, which in turn feeds into your Effective Military Strength.

Focus on that bar," says Bioware's Jarett Lee (via Beefjack) "That is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game." Your Galactic Readiness percentage greases the axles, but doesn't power the motor: it simply multiplies your EMS total, letting you short-cut the minimum number of War Assets required for victory. Get 100 per cent War Assets, and you needn't bother with multiplayer at all - especially as there are more War Assets available in the galaxy than are necessary for optimum campaign completion.

In summary: "EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%." Phew.

EDIT: Just found a third model that I missed and my hamster running around the floor in engineering! How is it still alive!?

You don't wanna know...

Multiplayer is ace. Sorta feels like when you bought a pack of Pokemon cards when you were younger, when you buy an item package from the shop. Shame they're letting people buy them for real cash too though, almost like legitimised WoW gold.

Upped the multiplayer up to the point the internet said would give me the best ending and made a start

I've gotten to the point for the best ending and I haven't touched the multiplayer.

I'm still loving every single moment (even the deeply upsetting ones). Realised that only taking two weapons allowed my biotic powers (charge and carnage) to be really powerful due to recharge rate.

I haven't finished but...best game ever.

Edit: Also, I was quite surprised that all the DLC in ME1 and ME2 seems to be mentioned - there even seems to be rewards for making certain choices in them. They even mention the events in various situations (I presume those lines simply aren't said if you didn't play the DLC).

I'm extremely tempted to play through ME1 and ME2 making all the wrong choices to see how screwed I would be in this.

Edited by Cube

I've gotten to the point for the best ending and I haven't touched the multiplayer.

I thought that, my metre was completely filled and green, but I didn't unlock the achievement which indicates you're getting it so I searched around and it seems you need an effective military rating of 4,000+ for it.

So I loaded up the previous save, did multiplayer, boosted it, went in, got the achievement

Is Mass Effect 3 as mediocre as the second installment? Are there lots of RPG elements, or is it more a shooter (like Mass Effect 2)?

I'm thinking about getting it, but if it's anything like Mass Effect 2, I'll wait 'til it's available much cheaper.

About the PS3 version of ME2: How's the comic (or whatever it is) that guides you through the first game's story?

Is Mass Effect 3 as mediocre as the second installment? Are there lots of RPG elements, or is it more a shooter (like Mass Effect 2)?

The game is still more of a shooter than an RPG but the story is so much better than the second game. I didn't care for the second game at all but i'm enjoying this one alot more.

I slammed some multiplayer on this morning, it's totally my kind of scum. I love Survival/Horde modes in a game and this is great. I probably won't touch it once I get the achievements from it, but at the moment i'm enjoying it immensly. I've just reached 77% readiness, not long left now.

MassEffect1994.jpg

This game is so pretty. Paranoid.gif

Indeed, awesome graphics some of the best i've seen right here!!

I love the choice of civilian clothing you get to wear on the Normandy/Citidel. Currently wearing the jeans/jacket combo. I have one annoyance, and thats on-board the Normandy. Going between ship to coms room, why!!!.

Also @Mike1988uk, i've been finding those models as well. Nice touch from Bioware i think. Yet to find my hamster. Just need to find the fish again and life is complete once more.

How many floors is the Citidel?, only seen 2 others from the docking bay.

*skims to the bottom for fear of spoilers*

Finally got stuck in last night, my dude's face didn't import but it only took a few minutes to re-create him albeit slightly fatter and paler - he basically looks like the same guy that hasn't been sleeping or eating very well for a few months, which is very fitting. I can see how some say the graphics engine is starting to show it's age but it's mostly still a damn fine looking game. I was also pleasantly surprised at the way it starts your character at the same level and you left ME2 at.

My only real complaint thus far is that there's not enough of the Clint Mansell score, hope the soundtrack release comes soon.

Edit: Also, I was quite surprised that all the DLC in ME1 and ME2 seems to be mentioned - there even seems to be rewards for making certain choices in them. They even mention the events in various situations (I presume those lines simply aren't said if you didn't play the DLC).

I wonder if there is an assumed fiction with the DLC like there is if you start ME3 from scratch. Because there are some bigger points really than just the odd line like the knock on effect of the shadow broker DLC

*skims to the bottom for fear of spoilers*

Finally got stuck in last night, my dude's face didn't import but it only took a few minutes to re-create him albeit slightly fatter and paler - he basically looks like the same guy that hasn't been sleeping or eating very well for a few months, which is very fitting. I can see how some say the graphics engine is starting to show it's age but it's mostly still a damn fine looking game. I was also pleasantly surprised at the way it starts your character at the same level and you left ME2 at.

My only real complaint thus far is that there's not enough of the Clint Mansell score, hope the soundtrack release comes soon.

Indeed, thought that was a nice touch. Probably because things didn't go as they did at the start of ME2 (and probably because you're the same Shepard as well)

Edit: Found Dr Chakwas running around the Citidel, convinced her to return to the Normandy. Wonder who else i'll find.

Edited by Jimbob

Because it's the Alliance Normandy, i was expecting the classic "Normandy" tune to be playing on deck

Had a power surge on-board ship, now i am capable of taking EDI out on missions!!!!!!. Full of surprises indeed, off to meet Thane at the Citidel in a moment, see what he wants.

Because it's the Alliance Normandy, i was expecting the classic "Normandy" tune to be playing on deck

Had a power surge on-board ship, now i am capable of taking EDI out on missions!!!!!!. Full of surprises indeed, off to meet Thane at the Citidel in a moment, see what he wants.

yes at the surprise was saying to mike the other day I totally thought it was gonna go the other way round.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!