Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mass Effect 3

gaggle64

Just got home and mines here, t-shirt was medium lol

Time to play then

Bonus! So it got through your letterbox, not too big and no signing required?

Edit: it occurs to me that there could simply have been someone in at your house, so I won't get my hopes up :heh:

Edited by Shorty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, totally right. In fact, I doubt I'd even notice if they accidentally packaged a NES game instead of a PS3 disc. Because apparently people who aren't putting off playing the main game because of their main character's face are really that careless.

You’re highly insinuating that I whine too much about little details about the face, and when I suggest the other extreme, no details at all, then suddenly you do care about visuals. You can replace all the sprites in Super Mario Bros with coloured squares without affecting the gameplay. But that’s going too far? My point was, you think you’re level of immersion is the right one, whereas I crossed some line somewhere apparently. And that annoyed me. Don’t attack me because I’m more immersed in the trilogy than you are.

Anyway, got my package, it’s installed, downloading the dlc right now.. Then I’ll play multiplayer for a few hours. I’ll put my origin account (<sigh>) here later for the other PC players (or just the one :rolleyes:) out there, we can do some co-op in the weekend perhaps (I’ll start with an engineer).

Edited by Sméagol

I got mine, t-shirt is an extra large urgh.

I got mine. Tshirt is large though! Last couple I had from shopto have been large which is better than xl. Anyway game is here, can't play because power is off whilst boiler man does electrics on that urgh.

You’re highly insinuating that I whine too much about little details about the face, and when I suggest the other extreme, no details at all, then suddenly you do care about visuals. You can replace all the sprites in Super Mario Bros with coloured squares without affecting the gameplay. But that’s going too far? My point was, you think you’re level of immersion is the right one, whereas I crossed some line somewhere apparently. And that annoyed me. Don’t attack me because I’m more immersed in the trilogy than you are.

LOL. Sorry but what the fuck, 'more immersed in the trilogy than you are'. Probably the most deranged fanboy quasi-insult I have ever heard.

Even funnier, tonight I'll be 'immersing' myself into the greatness that is mass effect, while you wait for them to sort out your character's face.

Sigh, Origin. Even though day one dlc is a nasty surprise (I haven't been following this game as tightly as others so i didn't know) reading the description of it, you really can't afford to miss out.

Going to the Bioware site, you find out that Origin is the only way to get dlc for pc users whereas for ME2 it was the said site.

Ok lets try origin then. After a few screens, I get to the one that requires you to press 'Pay Now' as I use paypal. Problem is the window provided is too small to display all the information so the pay now button is out of view, you can't resize it, there is no scroll bar so initially you are thinking, well crap I am screwed. You see the pay now button as the page loads but it disappears out of view before you can press it. Only way to get to it is to highlight the text and drag the screen down. Anyways I press the button, origin takes a few seconds to work things out, then it crashes ¬_¬ I restart it, go to the dlc page, and find I still have 80 Bioware points when I am supposed to have 1200 (I forgot to mention, for some reason at the moment 1200 points and 800 points are being sold for the same value of £6.19) and it wants me to buy points again. After waiting ten minutes, I know the transaction has gone through as paypal has sent me a receipt and money has left my account.

So now it is time for me to go and pretend I am american and have a problem with the back to karkand expansion pack for Battlefield 3 as that seems to be the only way to talk to someone on EA's live chat service to get this sorted out now.

EDIT: The points went through, turns out Origin is very very slow.

Edited by Deathjam

Yep, I'm putting myself out there... putting myself in the firing line. I'm about to whine about something stupid... ready?

Ok, I hate myself, but here goes...

um...

James... isn't romancable? haha That sucks... Balls.

Seriously, I have always been a little amused at the romancing options in Mass Effect and thus never really bothered with them, but James is just an out and out beefcake in a tight T-shirt with a bro-hawk... I feel a little sick that it even MAKES me want to investigate the romance options for the first time to be honest, but I'm only human and we all have our 'types'. My type is obviously great big gorilla men...

so I make that decision, only to be told that he is the ONLY character you can't get with??? hahaha... colour me a little moody about that ;)

Ok, whining and self-respect shedding COMPLETE!

Mass Effect 3 is pretty good right? :D

The standard case — at least the PS3 version — has a reversible cover, which is a nice touch.

I'm far less appreciative of the awful framerate, mind. I can handle the odd drop, but at least these opening sections seem to be slipping into 20fps territory fairly consistently. The game's certainly a lot nicer looking than ME2, but I'd rather they culled some shininess in the name of playability.

None there. James is introduced at the start and the demo... Only saying he isn't a romance option. Just saying, people shouldn't bother going for him...

I didn't play the demo either, i'm intending for a clean play. No-one spoiling it, even when i play online i'll put myself in private chat so i can't hear anyone else blabbing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!