N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well I can't even sign in.

I'm going to try and download it despite not having a Plus membership. I'm pretending it will work.

Edit: Whin.

I thought people said the free PS+ trial wouldn't net the beta?

But I'm downloading. Pr0

Edited by dwarf

I couldn't at first, had to change my NAT to TYPE 2, pretty complicated but worth it cos I got on in the end :D

Had a lot of fun, will definitely start playing Uncharted 2 online (never actually have...) Got a few kills and was doing pretty well until the beta started to run real slow. Then my team got 'cursed', and everybody had a red arrow til you started shooting them. Oh and they were all green skeletons. Wasn't really sure what was going on, but decided to call it a night there :heh: had a lot of fun, and played it before ReZ (which was my only real goal). More tomorrow!

I couldn't at first, had to change my NAT to TYPE 2, pretty complicated but worth it cos I got on in the end :D

Had a lot of fun, will definitely start playing Uncharted 2 online (never actually have...) Got a few kills and was doing pretty well until the beta started to run real slow. Then my team got 'cursed', and everybody had a red arrow til you started shooting them. Oh and they were all green skeletons. Wasn't really sure what was going on, but decided to call it a night there :heh: had a lot of fun, and played it before ReZ (which was my only real goal). More tomorrow!

Commendable. Good work.

Details peeps details.

Movement feels more fluid and mantling objects is faster. Stealth kills also seem far less temperamental — in Uncharted 2 it's a bit of gamble as to whether it'll work for me or not. Ammo automatically being picked up helps clear the battlefield, meaning you're not left prancing around in the open mashing Triangle when trying to pick up a different weapon.

The netcode seems greatly improved, bearing in mind I've only gotten to play two matches; I didn't have any of those annoying instances where I dove into cover only for the enemy's bullets to follow me through a wall. Likewise I didn't have to sit through an extended period of syncing LiveData, and people can now join games mid-match.

The buddy system is cool. I saw most people moving about in pairs — greatly helped by the ability to spawn on your partner when they aren't in combat — and it's hard to resist high-fiving over an enemy's corpse.

My only real complaint is that I want to disable Uncharted TV. It's a cool feature and all, but when you're stuck with a horrible bandwidth cap and a rather meagre 2Mb connection you don't really want to waste the above on streaming videos you may or may not be interested in.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!