N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the actual release date was tomorrow? Despite a lot of online stores despatching yesterday they all seem to still be saying Nov 2nd.

The official release date is tomorrow, I'm playing it now though as ShopTo were awesome as always and got it to me in advance. :)

Game is amazing btw. :D

It has arrived. Special edition is nice. comes in a Book style thingy. It doesnt feature thin pages though, they are thick cardboard. I guess it will last long though. Not too bad for the amount i paid.

Yes, the actual content on the pages is fairly rubbish, too.

oH GOD ITS AWEOSME..s

Indeed it is. Already a few OMG moments. A classic already.

I love Drake's fighting animations in this. The opening bar scene was excellent. More games need to be set in such settings!

Also: is it just me or does Chloe look strangely different?

Up to Chapter 8 and It's simply a beautiful game - graphically it's jaw dropping and the story is well paced.

Decided just to play on normal for my first run through so not too taxing but those treasures are hidden in some very sneaky spots only have 16 of them.

Lets keep this thread spoiler free for now guys we don't want to spoil anything for those who don't have the game yet.

Best use of DTS on the PS3. On my 5.1 system it's stunning. The sub gets a heck of a workout too.

The 3D is also stunning. I played it in 2D initially until chapter 11 but went back and re-did the earlier levels due to the 3D effect being so good.

It actually puts a lot of 3D movies to shame and tou'll notice that some of the cinematic camera angles are specifically catering for excellent 3D moments without compromising the game at all.

It actually puts a lot of 3D movies to shame and tou'll notice that some of the cinematic camera angles are specifically catering for excellent 3D moments without compromising the game at all.

Unlike lots of 3D films, there hasn't been a single moment that screams "this was shamelessly thrown in just for 3D".

Haven't been paying attention to chapter numbers but I just reached.

Yemen

And there hasn't been a dull moment so far. The graphics are phenomenal - lots of detail, and the animation adds a massive amount to it. It's been a while since I've been so wowed by the graphics of a game.

Also, the combat is much improved. In a way, it reminded me of the combat system in The Bourne Conspiracy, but done much, much better.

Unlike lots of 3D films, there hasn't been a single moment that screams "this was shamelessly thrown in just for 3D".

Haven't been paying attention to chapter numbers but I just reached.

Yemen

And there hasn't been a dull moment so far. The graphics are phenomenal - lots of detail, and the animation adds a massive amount to it. It's been a while since I've been so wowed by the graphics of a game.

Also, the combat is much improved. In a way, it reminded me of the combat system in The Bourne Conspiracy, but done much, much better.

Yeah I am loving the game. Event he slow moments and puzzles are great. The character development is great and it feels so good after experiencing and knowing Drake(and co.) for 2 games already.

Most 3d games arent good at all much like movies. Black Ops is the best selling 3D game but the 3D method there is a complete turd. As far as I can tell Uncharted doesnt shortcut its way into 3D.