NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

It's stupid. Sometimes, I wish I were in charge. Just to slap some of these whiners in the face. Multiple times.

The people in charge are allowed to do that? :p

It's stupid. Sometimes, I wish I were in charge. Just to slap some of these whiners in the face. Multiple times.

Indeed. Whilst I was replying to that I forgot to mention (although I had briefly mentioned it in another thread.)

My dog Maxi has cancer, we lost my other dog Pepsi earlier this year and it's looking as though Maxi is certainly on borrowed time.

She's 14, so she's not young and noone wants to operate because of her age, she's not in pain otherwise we'd have put her down already, but it's pretty heart-breaking to know.

Sigh. Bad news Sunday.

Apple's website is a cunt. Been trying to reserve a 16GB 4s for a number of days. Twice I've had the product selected and failed. Today's by far the most annoying experience (with the site) to date. Basically at 9pm they list which stores will have which products and you can put your name down for one.

Today I selected Milton Keynes store, a white 16Gb 4s, logged in with my Apple ID. Selected tomorrows date and a time for collection, hit confirm. The product is now out of stock.

Why does this go in the bad stuff thread? Purely because the system has pissed me off. It's a race to who gets their details in first, yet you are hindered by the huge traffic the site is getting so it's not even a race of who's first but whom is lucky enough to get the least lag. I can't see why once you've selected the product that product isn't held for you to complete your transaction. Imagine being on ticketmaster selecting a couple of tickets for a show/gig and then by the time you've put your card details in some other sod has your seat.

I'm working most of today because I'm pretty sure tomorrow I can't get everything that needs to be done sorted. Tomorrow my day starts at 8:30am and runs until around 3am Tuesday morning. What the hell is going on?!?!

Was out last night to a loud club while I had an annoying cold. They played music really loudly and the only reason I was there was because a friend is getting shipped to Afghanistan and that was his last day. The point is my ears are STILL ringing and I am afraid I have done permanent damage... Anyone have any home remedies? :p

Buying earplugs to use in clubs in future. Had some before and could still hear the music perfectly.

you won't have done any damage.. its very common to get tinnitus after something like that, my ears were ringing for a week after I was in the pit of the Tennents concert! There's nothing you can do but ride it out.

My dog Maxi has cancer, we lost my other dog Pepsi earlier this year and it's looking as though Maxi is certainly on borrowed time.

She's 14, so she's not young and noone wants to operate because of her age, she's not in pain otherwise we'd have put her down already, but it's pretty heart-breaking to know.

Sigh. Bad news Sunday.

Big hugs to ya nightwolf! Sorry to hear that!

you won't have done any damage.. its very common to get tinnitus after something like that, my ears were ringing for a week after I was in the pit of the Tennents concert! There's nothing you can do but ride it out.

That's a relief, never had it for longer than half an hour or so before. Guess I'll sit tight then! :)

goodstuff/badstuff - decided to call in sick for work tomorrow. Been nursing a wee bit of man-flu this weekend, which has given me not-enough-sleep-itis and all that jazz. Basically got an annoying cough, so I figure a) I may be contageous and b) my job will actually be damn hard if I'm hacking and coughing everywhere.

So of course I do the sensible thing and stay up 'til around 2am watching chess videos. I'll still need to set my alarm for relatively-early in order to phone in, but there's clearly a part of my brain that has decided to make sure I can't work tomorrow by staying up late, just in case I'm magically well enough to go to work tomorrow.

According to a text sent at 2am which I didn't receive until after waking a little before 10am, my grandfather passed away peacefully in the very early hours of this morning. Not sure how to feel exactly. So far all I've done is spent a few minutes laughing that as a hardboiled anti-European he manged to keep going until after Cameron had told the EU to go stuff itself. I'm sure it pleased him and it has a symmetry I find genuinely amusing.

According to a text sent at 2am which I didn't receive until after waking a little before 10am, my grandfather passed away peacefully in the very early hours of this morning. Not sure how to feel exactly. So far all I've done is spent a few minutes laughing that as a hardboiled anti-European he manged to keep going until after Cameron had told the EU to go stuff itself. I'm sure it pleased him and it has a symmetry I find genuinely amusing.

Sorry to hear that, it is good he saw that though :)

Just had the worst exam ever. It was nothing like the 5 past papers that I'd done yesterday, where I was averaging ~80-90%. The weighting of the marks was completely different, a couple of sections were missed entirely, and the parts that did come up that had done so before came up in ways more complex than before.

Fortunately everyone is complaining about it which hopefully means the pass mark will be reduced accordingly...

Gaggle: Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :sad:

Serebii: Try not to join him.

Our stupid cat peed on my bachelor's degree. :blank:

Well, she peed on the bag it was in, but it seeped through a little and now my degree is damp and will smell of cat urine forever.

This might be a good reason to finally write my thesis and get that master's degree.

You would definitely have to have your cat written in your acknowledgement section though.

Anyone fancy sending me some CV's I can look at for inspiration? I need to create one update mine, but it's not for a job and it clearly states I need to put places traveled somewhere in there and i'm struggling as to how not to make that look crap.

Had a second experience with sleep paralysis (second in a couple of weeks) last night and it scared the crap out of me, thanks to me thinking there was someone in my room trying to kill me. Couldn't move/breathe, started to panic, tried to call out for help but couldn't and then the next thing I knew, I was sitting up right in bed panicking while checking what time it was.

Turns out sleep paralysis has a documented hallucination element to it. That's great but I don't really want it to happen again as it was genuinely terrifying thinking there were people in my room after me and not being able to move. Does appear that stress is getting the better of me and headaches from doing work for uni aren't helping. The xmas holidays can't come soon enough...

You pussy. I've had sleep paralysis 4 times in a row on the same night. I also thought that something was pulling me under the bed. It's not that bad.

Had a second experience with sleep paralysis (second in a couple of weeks) last night and it scared the crap out of me, thanks to me thinking there was someone in my room trying to kill me. Couldn't move/breathe, started to panic, tried to call out for help but couldn't and then the next thing I knew, I was sitting up right in bed panicking while checking what time it was.

Turns out sleep paralysis has a documented hallucination element to it. That's great but I don't really want it to happen again as it was genuinely terrifying thinking there were people in my room after me and not being able to move. Does appear that stress is getting the better of me and headaches from doing work for uni aren't helping. The xmas holidays can't come soon enough...

Oh yeah, a lot of neurobiologists think that sleep paralysis/ waking hallucinations are the explanation for people thinking there are, for example, demons sitting on their chest when they wake up, and a bunch of other pheonmena that has traditionally been accociated with possession and religious fanaticism etc.

From the sounds of it, it was a pretty bad experience. You should see a doctor about it.

My router freezes about 8 minutes after I restart it. This only started about an hour ago...guess I'll have to ring them up tomorrow and demand a new one. INCONVENIENCE. :blank:

My router freezes about 8 minutes after I restart it. This only started about an hour ago...guess I'll have to ring them up tomorrow and demand a new one. INCONVENIENCE. :blank:

Didn't you have two?

Big hugs to ya nightwolf! Sorry to hear that!

Thanks chuck, I get to see Maxi on Thursday and a lot this Christmas, try to spend as much time with her as possible.

Gaggle - I am sorry to hear about your grandad, bigs hugs to you.

Didn't you have two?

They took one away when they came to fix the cables outside :(

But...it's been 16 minutes this time and it hasn't broken off! Did I save it???

Come on, Eddie! You're not Master of Science for nothing. You can fix it, listen to the wind for answers..