N-Europe

Job search (Thread rip)

ReZourceman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to point out to any long-serving unemployed, there's a shitload of jobs going for next year's census. cehck out http://www.censusjobs.co.uk and see what you got. You can only apply for one, btw.

The job's not 'til march next year but it's still something to look forward to. They follow the double-tick scheme, which means if you have a mental/physical disability, you're guarenteed an interview.

Only issue with this, of course, is if you find a job between now and then.

Job hunting so far; either it's bar work, retail, demands experience or is too far away for me. Volunteering is the way forward to get that experience.

Volunteering usually means you have travel costs covered for you, and many offer lunches too. While on the dole it can work out that you save money by volunteering - e.g. you can get a week bus pass and use it for personal trips, but get it reimbursed by the organisation because it's cheaper than paying for daily tickets. A free lunch each day cuts down on costs too!

Hopefully you will. At least it will be low stress and you'll probably have a pretty good time there so long as it doesn't go on too long. When I worked in a factory there were some great people there and I actually really enjoyed it.

Anyway. Yaeha. Killer shifts though. 6AM - 4PM. Its unheard of for me. I imagine I'll do it for a short period.
Yeah my last job before I left it was (wake up at 4am) 5am-2pm.

I've had to go back there for the next months to bring some much needed money in (much like yourself really), I don't want to be doing it, but atleast it's just part time this time, 5am-9pm...

FUCK it's COLD in the mornings!!!!... this morning was ReZdiculous! I had to get the ice off the car first thing, and it was pretty much back again when I left work!

Get ready for it!!

Edited by Retro_Link