N-Europe

Job search (Thread rip)

ReZourceman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a job I "really" want. Need to get my CV freaking SORTED and apply tomorrow.

Its for a Wedding Stationary TYPE company, small. I won't get it, but I'd be better for them than the bastard/cunt that they undoubtedly eventually hire.

I don't understand what the job is, do explain!

I have found a job I "really" want. Need to get my CV freaking SORTED and apply tomorrow.

Its for a Wedding Stationary TYPE company, small. I won't get it, but I'd be better for them than the bastard/cunt that they undoubtedly eventually hire.

Sounds to me like the second part sorts out the first part. I'd employ someone who put that on their CV. I'd like the cut of their jib.

I don't understand what the job is, do explain!

Sounds to me like the second part sorts out the first part. I'd employ someone who put that on their CV. I'd like the cut of their jib.

Loving it large.

Here it is;

We are a small, but rapidly growing, company that owns a portfolio of e-commerce websites. We produce a range of printed products including wedding stationery, christmas cards, invitations and some stocked products related to weddings (i.e. favours, table accessories etc).

We are looking to recruit an office manager to replace the current manager who is leaving us. Your main responsibilities, will include:

- Responding to customer questions both by email and telephone on our range of products (wedding stationery, christmas cards, wedding favours, invitations etc).

- Managing the orders we receive through our website. This includes setting proofs for printed items and generating the required print ready files for printing and finishing. Full training will be given on the job.

- Managing the print process and ensuring that items get printed on-time (the actual production work will be handled by others). This will include working with some third party suppliers who print some of our items for us.

- Handling the despatch of items including packing products, booking couriers, franking items for postal despatch.

- Sending out samples of our printed products by post.

- Tracking orders from receipt through to delivery.

- Reordering stationery/office supplies/packaging supplies and managing our stock of these to ensure we do not run out.

As we are a small company you will play a pivotal role in ensuring excellent service is provided to our customers. You will be required to be highly IT literate and willing to expand your skills into the proofing of wedding stationery using Adobe InDesign. No previous experience neccessary as learning will be on-the-job.

At the beginning you will be very much the glue that holds everything together. Over time we anticipate that this role will grow into something more complex as our need to employ more staff grows. You will remain responsible for ensuring good service is provided to customers but some of your initial jobs will be capable of being delegated to others. We believe that this role will allow for career progression as the business itself evolves and grows.

We are looking for Key Skills/Proven Experience in the following:

1.) Good customer service skills

2.) IT Literate and ability to learn new packages

3.) Highly organised

Loving it large.

Here it is;

We are a small, but rapidly growing, company that owns a portfolio of e-commerce websites. We produce a range of printed products including wedding stationery, christmas cards, invitations and some stocked products related to weddings (i.e. favours, table accessories etc).

We are looking to recruit an office manager to replace the current manager who is leaving us. Your main responsibilities, will include:

- Responding to customer questions both by email and telephone on our range of products (wedding stationery, christmas cards, wedding favours, invitations etc).

- Managing the orders we receive through our website. This includes setting proofs for printed items and generating the required print ready files for printing and finishing. Full training will be given on the job.

- Managing the print process and ensuring that items get printed on-time (the actual production work will be handled by others). This will include working with some third party suppliers who print some of our items for us.

- Handling the despatch of items including packing products, booking couriers, franking items for postal despatch.

- Sending out samples of our printed products by post.

- Tracking orders from receipt through to delivery.

- Reordering stationery/office supplies/packaging supplies and managing our stock of these to ensure we do not run out.

As we are a small company you will play a pivotal role in ensuring excellent service is provided to our customers. You will be required to be highly IT literate and willing to expand your skills into the proofing of wedding stationery using Adobe InDesign. No previous experience neccessary as learning will be on-the-job.

At the beginning you will be very much the glue that holds everything together. Over time we anticipate that this role will grow into something more complex as our need to employ more staff grows. You will remain responsible for ensuring good service is provided to customers but some of your initial jobs will be capable of being delegated to others. We believe that this role will allow for career progression as the business itself evolves and grows.

We are looking for Key Skills/Proven Experience in the following:

1.) Good customer service skills

2.) IT Literate and ability to learn new packages

3.) Highly organised

Fight you for it! ;)

Where did you find that job? It's rare to see an advert written so fully go into such detail! They seem very relaxed considering the type of business they are, you'd think they'd want someone to come in and be on it from the go, but they seem fully prepared to find the right person first and give ALL the training if they have to!

Sounds good!

I totally emailed them checking if they got my application and checking that the position wasn't filled already. He emailed back saying not filled and that they got my application, so I am at the very least IN A CHANCE. But I won't hold my breath. "There's always someone better for the job than you", or rather that is what they will think. I am the best option they have, realistically.

Got a phone call from the Lego store Cardiff, have an interview 10:45am GMT Friday. They gave me the hotel name, but there are 3 of the same name around the same area. It's a pity though, they called on a private number so i can't call back.

What do you mean its a pity? Aren't you going to call the HR team or jobs team for them or something?

So yeah, now I'm officially hired as a teacher for an Extra English group of 5 students with severe English problems! The scary thing is that that I'm in complete charge of everything that's going to happen. That's suddenly a lot of responsibility. But I'll do my best.

Any chance you need a qualified TESOL teacher who's a native English speaker? ;)

I know the name of the hotel, just that there are 3 of them of the same name within 15 miles. I called up two of them, and luckly the 2nd one i called said there are interviews taking place for the Lego store over the next week or so. And, it happens to be near the city centre.

I work for LEGO Universe as GM support and I gotta say the entire company just does stuff very considerately for consumers. You'd do well to get in there somewhere, so best of luck to you!

Edited by Guy

To be honest I never managed to find anything too decent from job sites. If I were looking now I'd check out any industry business websites, companies you'd like to work for websites and LinkedIn once you know a few decent companies/people to see if much is being talked about in terms of new opportunities.