NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

ohmygosh! How much would that normally cost?

(I've always eyed up getting your Journey print in A1)

ohmygosh! How much would that normally cost?

(I've always eyed up getting your Journey print in A1)

I think it's around £60 each in total (board and fixings) for the size I got (A0). I could get a price for A1 if you like? Or any size really, as they're cut to spec.

It's also worth noting that they're not actually posters. They're printed on 5mm thick Foamex, which is basically a really dense foam, meaning they can be mounted without frames. They feel almost like a really light wood and they're mounted about an inch from the wall. I'll get some photos later.

I've actually been thinking of setting up an online shop where people can buy them in various sizes, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of running it.

Edited by Goafer

I think it's around £60 each in total (board and fixings) for the size I got (A0). I could get a price for A1 if you like? Or any size really, as they're cut to spec.

It's also worth noting that they're not actually posters. They're printed on 5mm thick Foamex, which is basically a really dense foam, meaning they can be mounted without frames. They feel almost like a really light wood and they're mounted about an inch from the wall. I'll get some photos later.

I've actually been thinking of setting up an online shop where people can buy them in various sizes, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of running it.

How did you mount them? I've only seen foamboards mounted with screw fittings (usually with a plastic housing that comes through the board). Are they light enough to be mounted with something like foam adhesive pads?

How did you mount them? I've only seen foamboards mounted with screw fittings (usually with a plastic housing that comes through the board). Are they light enough to be mounted with something like foam adhesive pads?

I'm glad you asked, my crimson-haired friend. They're mounted with these bad boys:

2015-09-16%2019.04.05.jpg

6 of them to be precise, one in each corner and 1 in the middle of each long edge.

You should be able to mount them with an adhesive strip, as we often use velcro strips to temporarily mount them to our display stands and they've never fallen off yet. I'd recommend the fixings pictured above though, as it looks loads better IMO.

Not exactly a "good thing" but best place for it and a cool thing regardless. I saw an old school Ford GT today. Good condition but an ugly yellow color. Tried to get a picture but while driving, a good pic wasn't happening.

@Goafer I had wanted one to go in a frame, rather than foamex. Any chance of that?

That reminds me, I need to find myself frames for my Zelda Symphony posters. The bloody things are bigger than movie posters.

@Goafer I had wanted one to go in a frame, rather than foamex. Any chance of that?

We don't do large paper prints that often, so I couldn't estimate how much it would be, but I can get a quote if you like?

I passed my latest Japanese exam! 3 months until the major exams at the end of the year so time to really up the studying!

We don't do large paper prints that often, so I couldn't estimate how much it would be, but I can get a quote if you like?

Yes please! :heart:: peace:

Yes please! :heart:: peace:

I'm back at work on Tueday, so I'll ask one of our project managers to get a quote from the printers.

My good news for the day is that our fireplace is finally taking shape.

It started with a horrible, old electric fireplace and some nasty retro tiles that took up far too much floor space:

2015-08-24%2020.40.54-2_1.jpg

So me and my other half's Grandad took out the fireplace, the back box and the tiles/hearth:

10984622_10156042716070341_7937466529791050645_n.jpg?oh=99eb8afc429a02cb7486d3d2e858409a&oe=56A8A3F1

Then we got a builder in to remove the giant, iron fireplace that used to be there:

12004063_10156121857495341_7027179458586106689_n.jpg?oh=afc732d07df9ef72b48b62c1b58ff2e1&oe=569CE939

And he finished it up with some plasterboard and new tiles:

12032182_10156122884115341_8724325170626816064_n.jpg?oh=95b4b723f1eb2f9fddd1d36304537d89&oe=56AAB5E8

He just needs to come back on Monday and do a little plastering round the edges etc and then we just need to take care of the brickwork. Were probably going to paint it white, since the bricks are a bit tatty/ugly.

Just had another incredible weekend supporting Team GB at the Davis Cup. Unreal atmosphere at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.

Roll on the final! I'll definitely be going (or at least trying to get tickets) regardless of where it is! If Belgium beat Argentina (which it looks like they're about to do) it will be in Belgium. If Argentina win it will be a home tie.

I like the tidier bottom tiling. Also cat artwork yay...!

Was there a full fireplace there before? (looks like there could have been) That might be the reason why there was so much tiling on the bottom, as you really need it to have a fireguard & protect the floor.

I have sorted out my finances today... Got almost 6k to put towards a house, nearly 2 of it was saved by me in the first year of me renting where i am. Hopefully come spring time I'll be able to start looking. Got a smallish budget, so I'd love a place that needs work. Thankfully, unlike my sister, I inherited my dads engineering skills... I will have no trouble doing anything around the house. :-)

Edited by Raining_again

I like the tidier bottom tiling. Also cat artwork yay...!

Was there a full fireplace there before? (looks like there could have been) That might be the reason why there was so much tiling on the bottom, as you really need it to have a fireguard & protect the floor.

Yeah, the big iron thing that the builder removed was the old fireplace (which also would have heated the water for the house). It was blocked off when the house was converted to electric heating. If it were a nice fireplace, we might have kept it, but it wasn't particularly nice looking.

Ideally, I'd have liked a real log burner that used the old chimney, but we don't want the hassle. The electric one is good enough.

Yeah I thought as much. Real fireplaces are awesome, and they are still uber common over here (n.ireland) with houses not all having central heating. As well as oil fired heating, my parents fireplace hooks up to hot water and they've got a pump which circulates it all through the central heating system.

Meanwhile I'm stuck here with Economy 7......... ugh. :mad:

Their next door neighbours only have a fire, and no central heating which means they have to put on a fire for any hot water........ totally old school

Our broadband was setup today. 40mb, which isn't bad for a village that's so small that it doesn't even have a shop or pub. I think it could have been faster if we'd gone for a different package, but it was £10 a month more and we thought we could only get about 20mb.

I also got new broadband installed today! Paying for up to 100mbps, did a speed test this morning...

[TWEET]645880531364761600[/TWEET]

Settled down to around 75mbps this evening, but very happy with that.

And thanks to @Goron_3, I've literally spent the whole evening watching Parks and Rec.

tumblr_ml28l0GwWd1qepocvo1_500.gif