NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Went to a murder mystery night on Saturday, and I was the only guy surrounded by 12 women. Unfortunately I realised that I'd done the murder mystery before and so knew the killer, but it was still fun.

Went to a murder mystery night on Saturday, and I was the only guy surrounded by 12 women. Unfortunately I realised that I'd done the murder mystery before and so knew the killer

That sounds like a perfect opportunity to impress twelve women, though?

The Disney classics that were only available in the US are now being released here on the 9th November (except for three or four). Quite chuffed at this news!

Got an email from a student earlier today that thanked me for all the help I've been giving the students in the statistics classes I take. Has been a bit messy with the other Ph.D. student that does them with me not pulling her weight and she didn't bother to pass along that there wasn't an instruction sheet for their stats exercise so I had to cobble one together yesterday after most of the classes because she hadn't thought to tell me after the first one she took on Tuesday afternoon.

More or less running the module at this point but feedback from the school forum, along with the email I mentioned, is suggesting that the students are really appreciative of the extra work I'm putting in and the department is very happy with the amount of work I'm doing. :yay:

Nice to have some positive feedback though I thought what I was doing was the normal thing but apparently, I'm doing far more than anyone before. Should stand me well if the department is looking to hire post grads to fill empty staff positions after next summer.

More good news from work. Been offered the opportunity to do some proper lecturing, alongside my current workshops, as the lecturer who should be taking them is off from work. I say off, he hasn't set foot in the department for months due to anxiety which, as someone who has suffered from it quite a bit over the years, is a bit nonsense when he can still take meeting related to the department in Starbucks.

Regardless, majorly chuffed that I'm being offered the chance to do full content lectures for the second year psychology students. And as the classes touch on emotion, which is part of my research, I think I should be quite good at it :grin: also got told that I was offered the opportunity because they believed I would do it thoroughly and properly so it seems the extra work I'm putting in for my current teaching is paying off :awesome:

Found this whilst unpacking some random boxes:

20151101_214924.jpg

Alas, I never did collect all the stickers.

Went to see Editors in Cologne yesterday. It was fucking amazing. :bowdown:

And tomorrow I'll be off to Cologne again to see IAMX. My second favourite band (after Muse, of course :D). Soooooo excited :yay:

Two weeks later it's time for a The Neighbourhood concert in, yes, Cologne :laughing:

And two days after that I will see Alt-J live in Düsseldorf.

Good times ahead.

Wow, all those trips to Cologne, you're going to smell amazing!

My mum got us tickets to:

390px-Harry_Potter_Cursed_Child_Play.jpg

I've never actually been to the theater. Well that's a lie, I've never been to a big production! I went to a ''theater'' once when I was in uni.

So hyped. If only it weren't like 16 months away..

Okay, I have to ask. Why did you make your own double quotation marks out of two single quotations?

Okay, I have to ask. Why did you make your own double quotation marks out of two single quotations?

81256-Supernatural-I-really-dont-car-1bgU.gif

Wow, well spotted.

So that IAMX concert yesterday...

It was incredible.

Best moment: Chris (the frontman) said: "You wanna get dirty? It's time to get dirty!", and then they played the following song.

Awesome.

And I caught a drumstick. :awesome:

Spent 6 hours today on a 650cc motorbike ('15 plate Honda CB650f).

So good. There's no going back from this.

Got mortgage sorted today, so now I've gotta get my ass to Mars Peterborough to get a fast track on my passport, since I needs ID for the solicitor. Fun!

I'm going to be commentating the London Pokémon VGC Regional Championships on Saturday ^_^

hArHYGK.jpg

I swear I'm a mature adult.

Edited by Nolan

I'm going to be commentating the London Pokémon VGC Regional Championships on Saturday ^_^

How did that go?

How did that go?

It went well. A bit shakey at points and I miscalled the meaning behind a move which seemed to annoy a couple of people, but it went well. Thanks for asking :)

The meaning?

Basically, a player used Fake Out on a turn when not the first turn the Pokémon was sent out, meaning it failed. I thought it may be a misclick but then 15 seconds later twigged why it was done, but not before a couple of hecklers had a go at me.

I blame fatigue.