NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Interesting :) Maybe cliché, but I was expecting to see her walking in the dark and sitting down on the bench at the end. Good stuff, parj!

Oh I suppose that would make the cycical thing more explicit. But then again we all hate cliche. :) And everyone got it anyway.

Good to hear :) Well as to what I thought it was 'about'... People wear masks during their daily lives? It is the construction of these masks which is ugliest. Shades of vanity and spectacle... But honestly i couldn't analyse it any more. Care to share your thoughts about it all, Paj?

I found a tenner on the street. Result!

Reminds me of the Walkers "Win a Tenner for getting where it rains next correct".

Wonder why you can't pick the Amazon Rainforest as the next place to rain, it seems to rain every afternoon there.

I got a really good response from my tutors about my second project at today's assessment.

My piece was kinda...raw. but it came from stunning/researched concepts of really deep things and they appreciated :p

(turn it up to get the full effect of that lovely noise in the background)

Nice one dude. I think I got the message as well actually....about the rising cost of cosmetics products?

~Lulz~

Seriously though, that was very cool.

Good to hear :) Well as to what I thought it was 'about'... People wear masks during their daily lives? It is the construction of these masks which is ugliest. Shades of vanity and spectacle... But honestly i couldn't analyse it any more. Care to share your thoughts about it all, Paj?

Generally yeah, like identity/gender/sexuality/presentation/artificilaity/shit. (But I did put it more concisely to my tutors :p)

And a little bit of narrative about being "trapped" by it all. Or rather, not escaping. Or something. Now the project's over I've kinda expelled it all from my mind in relief. :santa:

I got my Grandad's keyboard down from the attic at the weekend. It's an absolute retro gem. It's older than I am (it was made in 1983) As a bonus, I also found a few extra leads and things that will come in handy for the guitar. But what is the best thing to happen to me today I hear you ask? Well:

The ROM pack (memory stick basically) only contains a radmaxtastic version of the Star Wars theme. Fucking ace. I'll see if I can get it recorded and uploaded.

To save you the effort, recordings of all the tracks on that ROM, including the Star Wars theme (track 5), are linked from lower down the page you stole the picture of the keyboard from ;-)

I'm not allowed to post the URL because this is my first post, but google for "list of casio rom packs" and you should find it.

HTH

It's not happened yet, but that Manchester Christmas Markets are back in town. So that means I'll probably be getting drunk off bratwurst, gluhwein and pancakes tonight. Superb.

(Ooh, that post has turned me into a 'Frequent Poster'. Only taken me 5 years to get there.)

Best thing that happened to me today.... 2 things...

1 - Found out Blink 182 tickets for their 2011 tour go on sale next Friday :)

2 - Had an email from the boss about pay reviews, unfortunetly it's staying at 1.8% BUT the end of his email says...

"Additionally when we come to re-organising the development teams and our roles and responsibilities you will be the first to be considered for a more progressive role and be rewarded accordingly"

Not a guarantee.... but would be nice to switch from out right systems developing to MI or Data Integration :)

Edited by Murr

1 - Found out Blink 182 tickets for their 2011 tour go on sale next Friday :)

There's a 2011 Blink 182 tour?! :bouncy:

I somehow managed to catch up on two weeks worth of reading on Troilus and Criseyde, and then write a 1500 word essay on it in the space of 6 hours. Right now I feel good, but I bet I really won't once I get the mark for it =p.

Sha-zam!

It's teaching English to very young children as a second language, if you're wondering.

Very entertaining to watch. :D You have great pedagogical skills. :)

I'm wondering, though: How much English do they know? Because the way you focused on words like "red" and "trousers" seemed inconsistent with your English in general in terms of level of difficulty.

(Fun fact: I was unable to properly type out "difficulty", instead typing "fiddiculty", which is just a plain awesome word.)

I'm wondering, though: How much English do they know? Because the way you focused on words like "red" and "trousers" seemed inconsistent with your English in general in terms of level of difficulty.

(Fun fact: I was unable to properly type out "difficulty", instead typing "fiddiculty", which is just a plain awesome word.)

They are clearly Blue Jeans and not trousers.

Anyway best thing to happen to me today is it's my Birthday (at 32 I reckon that makes me close to the 2nd oldest on the forum?)

While the presents and cards are cool the best part is Birthday wishes via Facebook, it's nice to know Friends are thinking of you.

:bouncy:

I managed to sell my XBOX 360 and I've been offered the chance to play football tonight for the second time this week :grin:

While the presents and cards are cool the best part is Birthday wishes via Facebook, it's nice to know Friends are thinking of you.

:bouncy:

Quoted for truth. It's amazing how loved one feels. You wouldn't think it'd mean that much.

In my course we get ascribed mentors from within the industry (mine is a guy from Sony, ironically) and tonight we had a soiree to meet them. Mine couldn't make it, nor could the mentor of the girl who sat next to me. However someone was randomly there from Blue Zoo and he spoke to us both. He was really helpful and showed us some great stuff so it turned out to be a good evening.

nightwolf.. was the thanks for getting rid of my XBOX 360 or getting to play football tonight ::shrug: Maybe it was just for having something positive to say for a change :indeed:

The football was decent enough.. but not as good as tuesday night :heh:

nightwolf.. was the thanks for getting rid of my XBOX 360 or getting to play football tonight ::shrug:Maybe it was just for having something positive to say for a change :indeed:

The football was decent enough.. but not as good as tuesday night :heh:

It was indeed this, it is nice to hear things looking up for you.

I thank quite a lot of posts in this thread as they are all quite positive, which is nice. :awesome:

nightwolf thanked my post :heh:

Things aren't really looking up.. if anything, I'm sinking deeper into a hole every day and I can't see a way out.. but shhhhhh..

Cheers! :grin:

I'm assuming they're in their first year of learning with little exposure beforehand (as the average student age will be about 7). At their level, they're not meant to understand what each and every word means, only the phrases. The vocabulary being taught here are colours (as a recap, as they would have learnt them very early, as well as the word "colours") and clothes, as the main focus.

There was a demo video done by one of the school's teachers, which I based the level on. Some of the competition literally copied it out right, or made far, far to complex lessons. I hate to sound mean, but all the bad videos I've seen are done by Americans... :hmm:

"Fiddiculty" is indeed an awesome word - I'm so teaching my students it!

Edited by The fish