NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Sounds great! What's the name of the app? I wouldn't mind using it :)

I have Android and used AlpineReplay. I didn't search very hard; it was the most downloaded app when I searched for "ski tracks" in the marketplace. It's a good app, but you have to have an internet connection to view your stats. The only stats visible without internet on your phone are your current altitude and your speed.

The iphone users among us used Ski Tracks, which I think cost 80p. It's better and lets you view all you stats on your phone.

You need GPS on your phone for either of these to work.

Sounds awesome mate. You beat me, my top wasps red was 78kph and apparently I was totally out of control.

I used the 3 Valleys App which was great. You can download the map an it'll show you your location with GPS (no data as maps previously downloaded). It also shows you ski stats such as distance etc. look through my ski album on Facebook and you'll see a screenshot.

Ha, well I'm sure the run I got my top speed on was a completely empty black run that had a wide piste and a run-off area at the bottom. I said "fuck it" and just bombed it.

I've also joined a Squash club and start on Tuesday - no doubt there's a possibility of bumping into people there, too.

No that's against the rules man, it's a non-contact sport.

I have Android and used AlpineReplay. I didn't search very hard; it was the most downloaded app when I searched for "ski tracks" in the marketplace. It's a good app, but you have to have an internet connection to view your stats. The only stats visible without internet on your phone are your current altitude and your speed.

The iphone users among us used Ski Tracks, which I think cost 80p. It's better and lets you view all you stats on your phone.

You need GPS on your phone for either of these to work.

Ha, well I'm sure the run I got my top speed on was a completely empty black run that had a wide piste and a run-off area at the bottom. I said "fuck it" and just bombed it.

I'd rather not waste my money on internet abroad. But I'd like to see what speeds i get up to. There is on schusse part in val disere I reckon I can get close to your speed at least.

Challenge accepted.

I'd rather not waste my money on internet abroad. But I'd like to see what speeds i get up to. There is on schusse part in val disere I reckon I can get close to your speed at least.

Challenge accepted.

You don't have to have an internet connection abroad, I didn't. It stores all the details on your phone and when you get an internet connection it uploads the stats to the website. So I didn't find out what speeds I got until after my holiday. Beware that the speed it was telling me on my phone was really low/inaccurate for some reason (it was telling me I was only doing 15kph), yet online they were correct.

I'll be impressed if you could beat 85.

I've had a pretty awesome day without it being anything hugely special. Woke up and decided to go food shopping before watching the Rugby on telly.

There was a huuuuuuge fatty in Asda who was buying chocolate. It was amazing, he was buying these multi-packs of Twirls, Flakes and stuff. Loads of the stuff. The price came to ?38! Me and The Cashier were laughing at each other silently as he was scanning each item. 38 quid! aha. The Cashier made a joke about it, to which the guy said "They're not for me...they're for easter."

O RLY?

So, I put my stuff through and it only came to ?29, to which the cashier said "oh, that's pretty good!" I was expecting it to be more...wohoo.

Came home and made myself some Chilli Con Carne and watched the Rugby, which Wales won. First half was ok, but the second half was much better. Great tries scored and the decisions just seemed to go Wales' way, for the second week running.

Went to the gym for the first time in nearly a week as I've been a bit sick, caught something off one of the kids I think. I'm home now and watching the African Cup of Nations Final between Zambia and Ivory Coast and have just seen Drogba blaze a penalty high over the bar. Roffles. :D

I have just eaten some homemade Chinese food, too. Made some Szechaun Kung Po with King Prawns and Brown rice. Very, very yummy and I'm pretty stuffed now. :D

Challenge accepted.

GPS doesn't use data. You'll be able to find n app which tells you straight away your top speed.

GPS isn't that great at top speed though. It spikes/dips like mad. Much better for average speed over a longer distance/time.

GPS isn't that great at top speed though. It spikes/dips like mad. Much better for average speed over a longer distance/time.

Really? I disnt realise that. My TomTom app is always very reliable (or so I thought).

Average speed isn't any use for skiing because a lot of it is spent on slow chair lifts.

Really? I disnt realise that. My TomTom app is always very reliable (or so I thought).

Average speed isn't any use for skiing because a lot of it is spent on slow chair lifts.

It mentions some of the issues here. Sat-Navs can be better because roads are snapped to, but when you're walking around you're like a balloon!

Check this too (click the play button). From 4mins to 9mins I am running pretty steadily but the current pace displayed is all over the place (anywhere from 8kph to 13kph).

I just want to test how fast I can go. Its a shame I never did it whilst racing, that would have been interesting.

As for something good on topic: finally have my phone back with internet. Don't know how I ever lived without it.

THE NEW fun. ALBUM IS STREAMING! Excuse me while I listen to this on repeat. Been waiting for this since....2009? So full of fanish glee.

Had my first day of work today. I'm bloody exhausted. Having seen what I'm going to have to do I'm not surprised the pay is so good.

Had my first day of work today. I'm bloody exhausted. Having seen what I'm going to have to do I'm not surprised the pay is so good.

Are you going to tell us where it even is yet?

I'm just going to assume it's some kind of prostitution until you do.

RedBubble love me, they featured one of my Daily-Draw images on their front page (totally doesn't fit in with the others they selected and it's not my favourite but oh well)!

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Now if only being featured would equal more sales, I'd be rich already haha. =P

There are jobs that aren't prostitution?

Why didn't anyone tell me?

Got a bottle of wine from Operations director at work for my work in the last 2 weeks.

w00t w00t for work recognition...

Sent crush a handmade "forever alone" meme valentines card...

He loved it.

SCORE.

It's a freelance copywriting job. Part of it is the Xbox newsletter.

I like to think Microsoft are paying for my Vita.

I've managed to wangle a sweet shift. When the petrol station is closed they're having some electrical work or something done, but one of us still has to be there... so 1am Friday I'll be taking my 3DS and getting paid to play for six hours (insociable hours premium included.)

Met up with three friends today for a drink for an hour or two, was nice to see them again (these aren't the friends I mentioned in the bad stuff thread). One of them is engaged now! Though the wedding isn't until the summer of 2013, but yeah. =P

The other friend brought her baby along, the boy slept the entire time. If I ever have a baby, I hope it's as quiet as hers!

My friends also make me feel like I don't really fit in, them with their jobs and houses and children and husbands etc. =P

Meeting another friend tomorrow, without the two who cancelled on me. Gonna be a costly trip, but it'll be nice to see her before I leave. =)

My friends also make me feel like I don't really fit in, them with their jobs and houses and children and husbands etc. =P

Well, you've recently got the house, and Jim doubles as a "husband"/child.

It mentions some of the issues here. Sat-Navs can be better because roads are snapped to, but when you're walking around you're like a balloon!

Check this too (click the play button). From 4mins to 9mins I am running pretty steadily but the current pace displayed is all over the place (anywhere from 8kph to 13kph).

By definition GPS can't tell you your instantaneous speed whatever happens. Depending on how many times the GPS updates your location per minute will determine the resolution of the velocity data. For example if it updates once every 3 seconds, and in those three seconds you go from 60kph to 80, and then back to 60kph, it will assume you went some velocity in between.

I'm not sure the frequency of phone's GPS acquisition though.