NEurope
Mokong

How I Met Your Mother

Ok, I'm miles behind but have finally started season 8. I'm halfway through episode 2 and this is nearly unwatchable. I don't know if it has got worse or if I just don't like it any more, it has been about a year since I last watched the show. I'm gonna try and watch episode 3 to see if things pick up!

Ok, I'm miles behind but have finally started season 8. I'm halfway through episode 2 and this is nearly unwatchable. I don't know if it has got worse or if I just don't like it any more, it has been about a year since I last watched the show. I'm gonna try and watch episode 3 to see if things pick up!

It's horrible. :p

The show was never that great, but the quality has dropped steadily in the last few years. Last season was just... ugh. I haven't watched the season premiere yet, but I don't have high hopes. Hopefully they'll at least manage to do some interesting things with the concept.

Yeah, after seeing episode 3 I can definitely agree that this season is far worse than others. I remember the show being over the top, but this is just something else now. When Marshall and Lily look at the camera and start screaming, then gasp for air and start screaming again...

It's like something off the Disney Channel, just with sex thrown in.

Season 8 felt like they were hedging their bets on being renewed a bit too much. It happened, and I have higher expectations for 9 as the premise could help, but 8 felt like a lot of filler. There were some good episodes within there, maybe just burn through them.

Bryan Cranston is returning in season nine. Or, as someone put it, How I Meth Your Mother.

I somehow forgot he was in it! A bastard architect or something, wasn't he? But yeah, one highlight of episode 3 was seeing Bob Odenkirk (Saul)

Yeah the one that Lily stole from to teach him a lesson, Ted replaced him at the firm and eventually fired him the same day he had a heart attack or something.

Yeah, after seeing episode 3 I can definitely agree that this season is far worse than others. I remember the show being over the top, but this is just something else now. When Marshall and Lily look at the camera and start screaming, then gasp for air and start screaming again...

It's like something off the Disney Channel, just with sex thrown in.

It's nice to bump into a fellow sane person around here :p

Regarding the S9 premiere, which I just caught up on, I didn't think much of the first double episode up until the last minute. The flash forward was sweet, written surprisingly, competently succinctly (unlike this sentence). It was that slightly sappy niceness that we had way back in the first season with the rooftop and the blue horn that's made me stick with it all these years later despite no longer finding it very funny. And y'know what? The closing jokes with the receptionist (who was a good actor and a good character) actually gained a slight audible chuckle from me, which I don't think happened at all last season.

Also, did it not bother anyone else that Marshall's Mum used dial-up internet and her house phone at the same time?

AFAIK at least one of his brothers still lives there, it's plausible they had a second line (as plausible as someone still on dial up anyway).

Episode 3 was enjoyable

Really liked that we got flashbacks to get scenes with Marshal and other characters, good to see he's not gonna be totally kept apart from the rest for the duration of his journey to New York.

End was a bit of a "WTF moment"..... what does it mean??????!!!!!!

Episode 3 was enjoyable

Really liked that we got flashbacks to get scenes with Marshal and other characters, good to see he's not gonna be totally kept apart from the rest for the duration of his journey to New York.

End was a bit of a "WTF moment"..... what does it mean??????!!!!!!

As far as i can remember all that happened at the carousel was that ted and robin talked for ages in the rain and she like, held his hand? sooo i wonder what barney thinks he saw...?

Just finished Season 8 and it actually did pick up near the end. Whilst some episodes were terrible there were some really good ones too so I'm at least back in the HIMYM mood in time for this final season!

...Though sadly I watched 18 episodes in like 480p and then they all arrived in HD on Netflix :p

Enjoyed the latest episode as well. From the first 3 episodes this season is far better than the previous.

Re: the carousel, I expect Barney to have known about the locket all along. Recall how in that episode it's revealed that Robin saying she's all right actually means the opposite, and that Ted knows it - but that Barney doesn't appear to since he doesn't act on it. In the next scene Barney reveals that he does know it when Robin's father says the same thing, leading me to heavily suspect he already has something planned with the locket. It's something Barney would do.

Interesting theory, Dannyboy. I reckon you might just be right.

Also, I share the opinion that the recent episode was good :)

Are you people high on something when you watch this show? Because I need some of whatever you're on.

Talking-at-the-same-time comedy? Really? The only good joke was comparing the elderly people in the lobby to a scene from a zombie movie and then... to my absolute jaw dropping horror, they spoiled that by explaining the joke in the next breath.

Just like the previous ep the only part worth watching was the last 3 minutes - because it didn't have any jokes and these people can not write jokes at all.

I've long stopped watching it for the comedy, and more to find out what happens to these characters. Yeah they may be badly written at times, but I want to see how they close of these characters lives. Which is why I'm worried that by the looks of it Marshall is going to be away for at least 1/3 of the season, which means he'll come back and try and hide the judge news from Lily, she'll find out and they'll get in a fight. I really like them as a couple and I don't want to see their last season mostly filled with absence and/or fighting.

There is little that actually makes me really laugh (only thing I can really remember that amused me in 903 is "I have something to ask you about gay" or something like that, simply because of the wording).

Just one more season...

Just one more season...

Just one more season...

She is going to pop up again. I figured she'd be in more regularly, but maybe the later half of the season?

Did anyone else assume Robin's new female friend was going to end up being the mother.

Well, there's an episode later on

called "How Your Mother Met Me".

Really enjoyed this weeks episode

I was only last weekend wondering when Barneys dad would appear and then he pops up :D

Didn't expect James' dad to appear also (though guess I should have given the priest/rev stiuation

Also last weeks ep

Really good backstory of how Barney came to start planning "The Robin" and that it was "the mother" that put him on that path. Though you do have to wonder has he not noticed she is in the band he/they hired to play at their wedding? Surely both of them would have went to see the band preform before hiring them?

Remember, the band cancelled on them and the mother was hired because Ted bumped into her roommate on a train and mentioned it.

They'll probably bump into each other again later on.

Hopefully that's the end of Daphne and Marshall can meet everyone quickly. His drive needs to end. Although the best part of the journey was Marshall changing the music, then a few episodes later they're dancing away to it.

The rest of it was good, though. It's definitely picked up the last couple of episodes.

So we're at the "fall finale" now.

Marshall is back! About bloody time! Nice use of "pause", both as its a throwback and because it stops them from arguing as soon as they're reuniting. Hopefully Lily beating the crap out of Marshpillow means the rage is gone, and now they can discuss it like adults. I wonder if Marshall will bring up Lily just leaving at the end of season one.

There's still something about seeing Alyson Hannigan crying that makes me upset.

I like how they intertwined the mother into the story and without it seeming too convenient they never crossed paths (although the gang must have been outside for a fair while for her to have finished her drink and left). Plus if she's getting the Kennedy package, does that mean she's staying at the Inn? I just assumed she was staying elsewhere.

Mid Season Over (nice to have short mid season)

ep 14, silly and stupid but damn I was laughing loads :D