Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I still can't believe we are getting it!

*hugs Sam* :hug:

Me neither, it only took them what... eight years!?! :laughing:

*hugs Hero* :hug:

So... N-E clan/group/whatever when this comes out? :D

- - - - -

Where's @Gadwin? I know he'll be in day one for sure! :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

Never thought this thread would be bumped with a localisation announcement. Thought it was a port of  the first game at first. Weird that I was thinking about it the other day.

I need to pickup that artbook.

• Like 1

I was getting bored waiting to see Halo on the E3 presentation and opened another tab on my browser...

Then I heard something familiar playing in background...

Switched back to E3 stream on Twitch...

PSO 2! :D

Played this in alpha version during the last days Phantasy Star Universe running and been waiting for it ever since to get a release.

Can't wait to play this on the official release next spring, FFXIV will keep me busy with its Shadowbringers expansion till then thats out in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Did they say it was exclusive to the Xbox? In Japan it was also released on the Switch and PS4 and I'm wondering if it's going to show up on those platforms as well.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Thought it was a port of  the first game at first.

To be honest I probably would have been more interested in that.

1 minute ago, Gadwin said:

I was getting bored waiting to see Halo on the E3 presentation and opened another tab on my browser...

Then I heard something familiar playing in background...

Switched back to E3 stream on Twitch...

PSO 2! :D

Played this in alpha version during the last days Phantasy Star Universe running and been waiting for it ever since to get a release.

Can't wait to play this on the official release next spring, FFXIV will keep me busy with its Shadowbringers expansion till then thats out in a few weeks.

We'll play PSO2 together just like we played PSO on the DC, GC and PSU on the Xbox 360 and PC back in the day. :D

I reckon we'll be able to get a good N-E hunting group going between us all I reckon. :peace:

Me owning an Xbox One is finally worth it once again, unless...

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did they say it was exclusive to the Xbox? In Japan it was also released on the Switch and PS4 and I'm wondering if it's going to show up on those platforms as well.

Could you imagine if it was suddenly announced for Switch and PS4 over here by the end of E3? With cross play, cross saves etc?

Pick a platform, any platform! :p We'd go from having no PSO2 to having it on everything.

Failing that though, PSO2 on Xbox One and PC, I'm OK with this. :smile:

Would be amusing if it did have a PC release as the one i'm typing on right now I built because of the pending release all them years ago.

My main game on it has been FFXIV in al the years PSO" had been delayed.

I would rather they keep it on one platform for the western release though so it doesnt seperate the playerbase like PSU did when it launched.

The PC release of PSU didnt last as long as the xbox 360 version did and players had to restart on there to keep playing.

Yeah, I might be persuaded to give it a try.

I have a few friends I've kept in contact with that I originally became friends with back on PSO on the gamcube, and its a been a running joke among us each year to say a western release of PSO 2 will get announced at E3 since Sega said they were gonna do a western release all the way back in 2012. And it actually happened this time!

I was genuinely shocked. I'm hoping this comes to the Switch, which I assume it will since the Japanese eshop already has it. I played the Japanese version for a while years back and enjoyed it.

• Like 2

You know I still get Japanese e-mails from them after signing up 7 years ago?

If it's coming to Switch (or if it still runs on my PC, I don't know what kind of updates it has gotten over the years), I'm in.

Whilst I would love to play PSO2, it'll just be just like PSU, where we're years behind the Japanese version, always feeling like we're playing the inferior version.

If it comes to PS4, I may give it a go, but I won't be buying a new console just to play it.

Giant Bomb had an interview with Phil Spencer and he said this regarding PSO2.

"Yes it will end up on all platforms. The point was to have sega on our stage since it's been awhile"

If this is true then I'll be getting the PS4 version. Now, if we can just get confirmation of an EU release then all will be right in the world of PSO.

• Thanks 1

All platforms? Switch as well? Nah... I can't see it happening.

If it's between Xbox and PS4 though... then yeah, PS4.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

All platforms? Switch as well? Nah... I can't see it happening.

If it's between Xbox and PS4 though... then yeah, PS4.

PSO 2 is technically already on Switch, as its been on the Japanese eshop for about a year as 'PSO2 Cloud'. From what I understand, its a streaming version of the game much like Resident Evil 7 on the switch is.

So perhaps if the western release of PSO 2 comes to the Switch, it might just be this version. Personally I'd prefer a full download version. I think the full game is pretty big now, since it houses 7 years worth of updates and content, which might be why Sega made the switch version the way they did.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1