N-Europe

A very sad day

Sheikah

I'd like to dedicate this thread to my cat, Sally, who was put down today at 16 years old. She had a tumour in her lung that had caused her not to eat or drink as well as making here extremely weak, and she'd lost a lot of weight. I'd had her since I was 8 years old (I'm 23 now). She will be sorely missed and I had to wipe away the tears as my mother and I said goodbye to her in the vet's surgery room. Truly a heartbreaking moment, I am quite simply beside myself in tears.

So here is a loving farewell to one of the friendliest, loveliest cats that will ever live, bless you Sally and rest in peace.

1ijuxz.jpg

Sheikah I'm truly sorry for your loss :( I didn't even really 'know' Sally but even I as a fellow cat owner couldn't help but shed a few tears at reading your lovely dedication to a clearly much-loved family pet... nay! member of the family even, because when you have a pet for that long, that is what they become.

I know it won't be of much comfort to you but I understand what it's like to lose a cat especially when you've had them for so long, the first main 'family' cat we has lived for about 17 years! and the day he had to be put down was a terrible one indeed... I still miss that wonderful cat. :sad:

But this thread isn't about my loss, it's about yours and it's a lovely way to commemorate her, R.I.P Sally...

I'm not really a big cat lover, although we do have one (long story), but as a few of you know, I had to say goodbye to my lovely dog early last month and it still hurts even now. Your story has also left me teary eyed, as I don't care what anybody says, the pets in your life are family.

There's nothing anybody can say to you Sheikah to ease the pain, except that I'm sure that seeing your beloved pet in such a state in her final days would have been very traumatic for everyone, so you can be at peace knowing that you made the right decision, and she isn't suffering anymore. Also, be thankful that you had the chance to say goodbye, and that you must have given her a long and happy life. So many cats and dogs are ill treated and not looked after properly. Sally was lucky to have a family who loved her so much.

RIP Sally