NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dan-likes-trees

N-E Spotify Playlist!!

Out: The Pixies - Debaser

Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For a Hero

In: A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran

Gene Pitney - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

I think themed playlists or genre playlists might be fun to work with? Might feel less like a bunch of random songs stuck together. =P

This may sound like a stupid question but...how the heck do you add songs to the playlist?

You should simply be able to drag them in there if you have Spotify. Subscribe to the list, and it'll appear on the left. Then you can search for your songs and just drag them in.

Or right-click a song and "Save to" the KNEE playlist.

Just added-

Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

Ronald Jenkees - Derty

I think themed playlists or genre playlists might be fun to work with? Might feel less like a bunch of random songs stuck together. =P

I second this, maybe force folks out of their usual listening habits to find different stuff. I mean, Craig David, McFly and Missy Elliot? Really folks? REALLY?

I'm surprised you didn't go for 'The Word Hurricane'.

Shall ponder and add.

Although already I know I could use one of Dost's songs if it was on Spotify. Damn Spotify!

Um. I agree let's all diss McFly and Craig David, but that Missy Elliot song is brilliant (I can't judge her overall - don't know enough of her stuff)

Anyway.

I propose a playlist theme: Weather

http://open.spotify.com/user/dodoriazarbon/playlist/7t3nnK7xj1ZlAWjXTWO8rn

Heh, I added two (probably obvious) songs. Might change them at a later time, maybe (I really like them though). =P

I'm surprised you didn't go for 'The Word Hurricane'.

A stunner, it's true. The word "cyclone" popped into my head as an "unusual" weather term, and then all of Neko Case's album, Middle Cyclone popped up. And Saint Etienne is a prerequisite in most playlist, so their Dylan cover is here too.

Actually I've added two random songs and will probably switch out later.

Thought I'd throw a couple of different ones in there.

Stan-with the rain in the background.

Cloud of stink- It mentions cloud and I was listening to Biffy Clyro :p

Thought I'd throw a couple of different ones in there.

Stan-with the rain in the background.

Cloud of stink- It mentions cloud and I was listening to Biffy Clyro :p

The Eminem song doesn't work since you added it from your computer or something. So people who don't have it (me!) can't listen to it, I think.

Ellmeister added his own mp3 to the playlist, yeah just replace it with Spotify's own one. EDIT: I replaced it for you.

Oh I did it on the first one, cna people not listen to that?

So I'm supposed to find it on spotify and add it? Apologies!

Just listened through this, there's some awesome stuff on it!

+10 to Daft for also adding some Einaudi! I didn't know that album existed!

Just listened through this, there's some awesome stuff on it!

+10 to Daft for also adding some Einaudi! I didn't know that album existed!

Yeah, it's a good 'un.

Just replaced my Dan Deacon track with my favourite track off Royksopp's new album 'Senior'. Love 'Senior Living'.

This topic made me think I should use Spotify more, and perhaps have a go at a collaborative playlist, but then I vaguely recalled there already existing such a playlist.. Hence the bump.

How can I open this playlist in the desktop client?

Or: should I create a new one? Unfortunately, not everyone on the first page posts regularly (or at all) anymore, and I think I prefer 1 track per member. And I'd like to keep track of all the entries in a list on the forum.. It may also be fun to force people to change their track regularly, say, once a month. What do you people think?

I have a friend who always sends me web links to spotify things, so I have made a bookmark in Chrome with this as the link:

javascript:window.location=%22spotify%22+window.location.pathname.replace(%27/%27,%27:%27);

Called it "open in spotify". So go to the playlist first, then click the bookmark.

It's going to need a bit of an update though since it hasn't been added to since 2010, with one possible exception by @MoogleViper I'm guessing... :p

It's going to need a bit of an update though since it hasn't been added to since 2010, with one possible exception by @MoogleViper I'm guessing... :p

I'd forgotten about that.

Great band though; give them a listen.

I have a friend who always sends me web links to spotify things, so I have made a bookmark in Chrome with this as the link:

javascript:window.location=%22spotify%22+window.location.pathname.replace(%27/%27,%27:%27);

Called it "open in spotify". So go to the playlist first, then click the bookmark.

Thanks, that works, but is incredibly cumbersome.. There seems to be a much easier way, but that requires Flash. Idiots.

I'll add something later.

You can copy the link and paste it into search on client.

I removed the songs I added in 2010 and added two new HAPPY ONES.

Edited by Ashley

I added three completely random songs from my collection. I apologise if they offend your ears.

I might actually take it seriously at some point in the future.

Sign in to follow this