NEurope
Ashley

What do you want?

What threads should be ressurected?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What threads should be ressurected?

• Post your purchases
    • User Image Gallery
    • Funny pictures et al
    • Other (please specify)
    • None!

Nah, I'm sorry but the music thread is the wrong answer.

If you want to talk about a band, post a thread about them. The music thread was an abhorrent thing.

Anything but the HWYD thread, and The Music Thread.

The HWYD thread just sapped all the discussion out of general chit chat. Flink hit the nail on the head. I don't want to troll through 5 pages of "cleaned my room earlier, gonna go out now", and other similar stuff. Just pointless. The Music Thread just sucked imo.

The music thread is exactly the type that needs to go and stay away. It's the perfect example of a thread that many people felt too "threatened" or "reluctant" to post in. Huge page numbers, a straight conversation between 4 or 5 people, it was probably the most alienating thread on the whole forum.

I don't. Purely because most people will just get lazy again and will solely post in that one thread.

We've got the IRC channel, so we should make use of that.

Hell, most people have each other added on MSN or twitter or facebook anyway. We already know how everyone's day has been.

How often do people use the chat?

cause when ever i've joined during the day it's been just me, and as interesting as i am, holding a conversation with just yourself can get boring.

oh and post your purchases should come back!

The reason for closing them was to start new threads and new discussions instead of just posting in them. And we can do so for any major posts. But for the average post; (So I think the following three should be re-opened)

Post Your Purchases

- Post a t-shirt and video game. Not warranting thread at all.(90% of posts are like this.

User Image Gallery

- There are only so many themed photo threads that can be opened.

- I like seeing photos of people.

- I love posting photos of me for people to use.

Funny Pics

- Posts in here sometimes do deserve their own thread...probably more than the other two threads, but the majority of posts still do not deserve their own thread. I've come across a lot of videos I havn't posted on NE because this is missing. And that is a shame. So it should unquestionably come back.

- We need to maintain funny threads. We need to maintain the ability to find easy and cheap humour without resorting to my threads.

- Example, I would have posted this yesterday.

The music thread is exactly the type that needs to go and stay away. It's the perfect example of a thread that many people felt too "threatened" or "reluctant" to post in. Huge page numbers, a straight conversation between 4 or 5 people, it was probably the most alienating thread on the whole forum.

Mainly due to the attitude though. I posted about McFly and was attacked like a baby cub being eyed up by a pack of savage wolves.

I agree with most in here. The music thread and HWYD should stay dead. They sucked the creative spirit out of the forums.

PYP, UIG and FV didn't, however, and the closing of them has not added anything to the forum, only detracted. Thus I see no problem in them returning.

It would be nice to find some alternative to the HWYD thread. There have been a few instances where I would have posted something that didnt really need its own thread.

Once again I think its down to people just posting in there rather than making a new thread. Its possible that a thread like HWYD could be made in the next few months after people have really got into the routine of creating threads.

Also I think mods/admins need to be more careful about splitting topics into new threads. I thought what happened to Scoop was terrible.

But that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual topic just the elitists who took over it.

I can guarantee that if I made a thread about Papa Roach's new single, it would be just as unwanted and ignored in the music thread as it would be as its own thread.

I don't think there should be any discussion stickies. Ever. They just become way too involved after a while.

But threads like user image gallery and funny pics were fun, and naturally refreshed themselves whenever someone posted something new.

It would be nice to find some alternative to the HWYD thread. There have been a few instances where I would have posted something that didnt really need its own thread.

Once again I think its down to people just posting in there rather than making a new thread. Its possible that a thread like HWYD could be made in the next few months after people have really got into the routine of creating threads.

Also I think mods/admins need to be more careful about splitting topics into new threads. I thought what happened to Scoop was terrible.

What happened to Scoop?

I voted for 'funny pics etc...' returning, because idiviadual pics/videos aren't deserving of their own thread, and therefore people will have a place to post them.

Other than that I'm not too fussed.

No HWYD though.

What happened to Scoop?
He had a post ripped and turned into a new thread, which he found embarressing. Edited by Retro_Link

There should be a general gaming thread. Like for threads like 'what are you playing right now' or 'favourite games from this gen'. I don't get how there isn't one tbh.

Anyway, defo bring back PYP and Rate the last film you saw. Probably UIG too but I never used that too often. Whatever happens DON'T bring back HWYD it's pointless.

There should be a general gaming thread. Like for threads like 'what are you playing right now' or 'favourite games from this gen'. I don't get how there isn't one tbh.
Though really a thread could just be created in the existing Wii/Other/Retro boards for those topics..

He had a post ripped and turned into a new thread, which he found embarressing.

Why was it embarrassing?

I think you should go and make one then. :yay:

But that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual topic just the elitists who took over it.

I can guarantee that if I made a thread about Papa Roach's new single, it would be just as unwanted and ignored in the music thread as it would be as its own thread.

But then I would have the option of ignoring it without having to trawl through 5 pages of the same old boring shit.

And then when Jayseven or Ellmeister or whoever else with similar tastes to me posts a thread, I don't miss it because I couldn't be arsed to trawl through the shit.

Music is so broad anyway. How can it be confined in one thread? We have seperate threads for films, so it makes sense to have seperate ones for music.

I suppose we could have separate music threads for the genres? That way it keeps the boards from getting flooded with band threads, but keeps people from being alienated from a big music thread.

I found the general music thread to be utter toss most of the time. I can recall a few moments like the one ReZ posted*. Separate genre threads might put an end to that.

*Although MyFly do suck the fat one, you should be ashamed. More so than usual.

Genres would be too annoying. Unless something is clearly within a genre, it would just cause confusion about where to post about the band/song/artist.

I know everyone else hated the music thread/me/chair, but it is annoying not having a "place" to recommnend a new song. But we're not getting it back, which I'm sure everyone thinks is a good thing.