Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Derren Brown to crash a plane - kill thousands

Serebii

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derren Brown has an amazing ability to make people believe he can do all these things... by telling people that he can't do any of these things.

Yes. This. I love it.

Who posted the "after the lotto farce" post. Don't be sick brah. Do you really think he was going to psychicly predict the numbers? You're crazier than people who find me funny.

Well, I am a journalist :P

The Sun doesn't have journalists.

Yes. This. I love it.

Who posted the "after the lotto farce" post. Don't be sick brah. Do you really think he was going to psychicly predict the numbers? You're crazier than people who find me funny.

Resorting to self deprecation as a display of forgiving. I like it.

See, while these things are definitely interesting, and while I admire his view on psychics and frauds, I can't help but feel he is guilty of exactly the same. Surely he realises how all the impressionable minds out there will think he can actually do magic?

The difference is Derren Brown states time and time again that he is an illusionist and nothing he does is real. It's all power of persuasion. If someone still thinks he's magic (lol) after listening to him specifically say he's just doing a trick then I have no sympathy for that person, they'd have to be spectacularly dim.

Yes. This. I love it.

But that's what I don't get. He was obviously not going to predict them, no one can. So why bother putting him on TV to fake it? Just seemed a bit pointless.

I liked his older stuff but the lottery thing was a bit unnecessary.

That clearly wasn't real. Sleep trances? Eh... No.

Yeah. He can actually do that.

I missed it. What's the summary?

Incidentally I advise you watch it on 4od. While many people don't agree with things he does, it was some excellent television, and by the end I was really quite emotional, just to see his family etc happy about it all.

Oh Jesus...

At first I thought he meant that sleep trances were an "unfair" tactic to use, not that he didn't believe it was real.

God.

Haters will say what they will.

Anyway, I didn't actually like it to be honest.

It didn't feel like the target was real in the end.

So much random and big stuff happened in such a short space of time that the guy must have known crazy shit was going to happen.

Think about what happened in 30 days!

He made moves on a lifelong job plan, made connections with his family that he had never done, sought to buy his own house, gave random life experience to a stranger, took his van and then threw a street party, broke into a policemans house, untied himself from a train line when a train was coming, had dreams about Derren and also had some crazy jack in the box crap on his step.

All of that happened out of no where and this guy was no longer real to me.

Also, what happened with the smoke in the end?

I get that he didn't do anything about it, but how did that resolve?

Did he finish his questionnaire and then just piss off out of the building that he thought was in fire?

EDIT: Oh yeah and he nearly got shot in the face and told some Fight Club style, "What are you doing with your life?"

Edited by Wesley

I thought that was sick brah. Like flameboy I was quite moved by the end. I felt quite overwhelmed and even shed a tear, just from....I dunno. Overwhelment/happiness/pride.

Yeah it was weird because even though I doubted the feasability of it throughout I was still oddly touched...My mate at work is convinced the bloke was an actor and I have to say you can easily argue that yes he perhaps was.

I really enjoyed this, regardless of whether it was staged or not it was bloody good TV.

Am I right in assuming there will be another one in a month? Or was the countdown he started just a little message that we could all change our life like he did in the next 30 days?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!