N-Europe

Worst Stores to Shop In?

Guy

Although I'll agree with Gamestation being a terrible store. My local one used to be alright but the people that work there think they're God's gift to the world and look down on everyone who goes in there. I've stopped buying from there completely but the last few times I was in there, they've been incredibly rude and thrown games that I've just bought at me over the counter. And then there was a deliberate scratching of a copy of The Saboteur that I was buying. Just hate the store. No point complaining as it just falls on deaf ears really.

What do you expect ? They are owned by GAME !

I've never actually been in a mobile phone shop - i find them very pretentious. They're all sitting there in their suits and i'm like "i want a phone - not a mortgage".

I agree. There are too many of these frigging shops :angry:

What do you expect ? They are owned by GAME !

Hey hey :heh:

Gamestation have been dire for years, since before Game took over (although they're still run as separate companies anyway).

Surprised nobody has mentioned Phones 4 U in fact. They're a pain in the arse.

Oh and Odwin my mother does the same. Our house is like a revolving door of Next stock as she buys it, tries it on for a bit, umms and ahhs, takes it back in exchange for something else and repeats the cycle.

I've never shopped there personally but judging by the look of the place, Primark would be hell to shop at. I also hate the jumped up little monkeys at the Apple shop who all think their mini Steve Jobs because they wear an Apple t-shirt and 3 quarter length shorts.

See I love my local GameStation. The people there have always seemed enthusiastic and quite helpful. I remember once, I was in there and I was buying a few Final Fantasy games and got talking to the guy who was serving me about how I collect them and stuff. He then told me that he was sure that they had another cheap Final Fantasy game buried away on the shelves somewhere, so went to hunt it for me (once I said OK). Great bit of upselling. Not only did he have an uncanny knowledge of what was on their shelves, he also picked up on what I was buying and offered me something I was genuinely interested in. Also did the same thing with a Devil May Cry game. I was buying DMC2 and he remembered that DMC1 was somewhere on the shelves (I hadn't even seen it when I was looking).

Also had a conversation with one of the hot female employees about Little Big Planet when I was buying my PS3. Good times.

I have a theory that younger Game/Gamestation employees are better. They haven't succumbed to the whole 9-5 drudgery yet and still have a passion for what they're selling. Older staff members are just there for the money.

BlockBuster. Bought Battlefield 2: Complete Collection from there, I must of only been 15. The case wasn't sealed and i didn't check inside till I got home.

I get home, open case, no booklet. This is a new game I've bought and it has no booklet, which means no serial key, so I couldn't install it. Went back the next day, explained the problem. They then turn around and say that because I traded some games in to buy it that I couldn't get my money back. I kept saying it's useless without a serial key. After a good 5 minutes, the douche behind the counter called for the even bigger douchebag manager. The idiotic smug looking prick came over, explained the same crap that I'd told the other guy. Manager has the same response. Eventually the manager says to the other guy as if I wasn't there "I can't be bothered arguing, just give them thier money back". And then walked off...

Utter dicks.

The Range (worse than Homebase, which in turn is worse than B&Q) is possibly the most literally depressing shop I've ever been in too... the miserable shoppers, displays, music and staff... de-press-ing!

And I only went in to see if they had any *shiney* *shiney* Chritmas lights! Be happy!!

I've never actually been in a mobile phone shop - i find them very pretentious. They're all sitting there in their suits and i'm like "i want a phone - not a mortgage".
I hate mobile phine shops, especially Phones4U, who space rape you as soon as you go through the door... when I only go in to browse the new releases!

Basic idea, the worst stores you've come across to shop in.

My first vote goes to Games Workshop, a hatred I touched upon briefly in another thread. My rage has spilled out into this one, I'm sorry. I type this with clenched teeth and balled fists... with much use of the delete key.

Why Games Workshop? Because the people who work in there are too enthusiastically pushy. They always want to sell you expensive glue you can get cheaper elsewhere or encourage you to have just one short game, which probably ends up lasting seven years of your life if previous short games are anything to go by. These people are playas, in the saddest possible sense.

Couldn't agree more. You go in for one model and they try to sell you the entire army. I recently went in to get some Green Stuff [modelling shizzle, comes in blue & yellow, mix and then mould] and a lil paint. At the checkout you get the full Spanish Inquisition:

"You know how to use green stuff?"

"Yes."

"You got all the modelling tools and things you need?"

"Yes." A lie, I don't have the proper stuff. But the needle files and drawing pin work fine.

"What model you using this on"

"Daemon Prince."

"Got a Daemon army?"

"No, I'm buying it just to paint."

"You collect an army?"

"Yes I have some Space Marines and Tyranids"

Then goes into full question mode, asking what Chapter they are, how many points worth I have [Fuck knows] What paints, what brushes... By the second question I've already paid for my item and have a nice queue behind me.

The Range (worse than Homebase, which in turn is worse than B&Q) is possibly the most literally depressing shop I've ever been in too... the miserable shoppers, displays, music and staff... de-press-ing!

And I only went in to see if they had any *shiney* *shiney* Chritmas lights! Be happy!!

I hate mobile phine shops, especially Phones4U, who space rape you as soon as you go through the door... when I only go in to browse the new releases!

My local The Range isn't too bad. Some nice little bargains and good pet stuff. Enough for me personally.

Phones 4 U sold me a complete false deal, the guy offered to buy out my 02 contract, fair enough. I asked that I would need a contract that would let me send texts to austrlaia that would just come out my text allowance, he told me this was possible, i asked again he's 100% about it, yes. He then went onto 'ring' vodafone who were 'busy', next day i send text abroad, rung up vodafone been billed for it. TOSSPOT

Went back in and told the cunt he lied to me and I wanted it cancelled, he kindly cancelled it. Knob head

A post of absolute truth about what happens in Games Workshop.

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. Pushy doesn't begin to describe these dweebs. I think they only get so many young kids into the hobby because they bully them first time they come into the store.

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. Pushy doesn't begin to describe these dweebs. I think they only get so many young kids into the hobby because they bully them first time they come into the store.

Even my girlfriend was ready to punch one of the employees another time we went. We went to the Forbidden Planet across the road and then thought since we were near we'd have a look for a dragon I wanted and any sexy new releases. Then they pounce:

"Looking for anything in particular?"

"Just seeing what's new"

"Check this out"

Then shows me this launch pad thing you can use for scenary. At a bargain £40-50 [?] Fuck off.

The only way I've ever found to stop them (and it doesn't even work all the time)

"Paint huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????"

"Yeah."

"What army do you collect?"

"Oh, I don't, I paint super hero miniatures."

"....Oh...."

Its only worked once, but its still the only thing thats ever shut the cunts up.

Claire's face was a fucking picture the first time she experienced Games Workshop. She refuses to let us even go near them now.

She touches everything. Instead of immediately dismissing an item that is clearly foul, she gives it her full attention for a minute or two. And then, worst of all, when she buys an item she often returns it a week later after deciding that she doesn't actually like it. I don't know how she can do such a thing given the amount of time that she puts in before a purchase is made.

Those visits to the sex shop must've been well frustrating.