N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace! So it's not perma-death? I always assumed it was.

On PC there is a Hardcore-mode which has perma-death. Haven't found it in the PS4 version. I assume it's not included.

Creepers only come out at night, right?

Yup, but they don't burn/die when day begins. ;)

Its taking me a while still to get used to playing it on the controller. Im still missing my mouse and keyboard.

I only had problems getting used to the inventory. But once I decided to not use the analogue stick but rather the d-pad everything was much better. : peace:

I only had problems getting used to the inventory. But once I decided to not use the analogue stick but rather the d-pad everything was much better. : peace:

I think for stuff like this I will always prefer the speed of the mouse. Plus I never liked the crafting in the console versions, takes away from it when you dont actually have to place the items yourself and just choose from a list.

I think for stuff like this I will always prefer the speed of the mouse. Plus I never liked the crafting in the console versions, takes away from it when you dont actually have to place the items yourself and just choose from a list.

Yeah, you got a point.

I don't mind the new crafting system. Have played the PC version to death and found most of the recipes out by myself.

So now the new crafting system just makes it a bit easier and quicker.

Yeah, you got a point.

I don't mind the new crafting system. Have played the PC version to death and found most of the recipes out by myself.

So now the new crafting system just makes it a bit easier and quicker.

Yeah to be fair I was probably talking more about other people playing it for the first time. Half of the fun was finding out all these new crafting recipes.

I guess we can still look forward to watching people learn about redstone though :P

I agree with Happ. The console minecraft never captured the magic of PC. The tutorial and crafting recipes erase one of the game's fundamental joys: spawning for the first time with no clue what you're meant to be doing, or what's going to happen.

Yes, I got killed by an enderman yesterday.

I don't mind the recipes being showed personally. Maybe it would be fun discovering them myself in the beginning, but for the more complex recipes, having to constantly checking wiki, like in Terraria isn't much fun either. Also, although I only played the pc demo for a few minutes, I could only imagine how tedious it had to be place the same items over and over again

So here's where I'm at now. Not much to look at :p . I already made a mountain castle on PS3 so I decided to camp where I spawned. There's an hill area to the left and you can see the desert in the front, the jungle is at my back and to the right.

Minecraft_PlayStationreg4Edition_20140906200314_zps816cfe3c.jpg

Note to myself, hitting the share button DOES NOT pause the game. Remembered this while taking a dump.

Minecraft_PlayStationreg4Edition_20140906201226_zps3d19f633.jpg

I'm using the fantasy theme, thought I spend some of the money I saved on the PS4 edition.

Edited by Tales