N-Europe

Drive Thru - Tesco Style!!!

Jimbob

Hardly makes the people lazy, they're probably really busy and are happy to pay £4.50 is it? For delivery.

Plus it's great for elderly people who struggle to get around. My Nanna who really struggles to get around, has used the home delivery numerous times.

Edited by MadDog

When my girlfriend is away the closest full sized supermarket is quite a trek away.

And doing my weekly shop one bag at a time is wasteful.

So yeah, home delivery it is.

Also, calling someone lazy for using home delivery is ridiculous.

Unless you grow your own food, hunt for meat and cook on an open flame: shut up you lazy twat.

Also, calling someone lazy for using home delivery is ridiculous.

Unless you grow your own food, hunt for meat and cook on an open flame: shut up you lazy twat.

It's true, calling them lazy would be stupid. Lazier might be more apporpriate. So many factors to consider.

As opposed to remaining at home and doing fuck all?

Seems to be the middle ground between physical shopping and online shopping. Can't be bothered to order online and wait for two hours but would rather drive over there anyway and get what you want, which is what would happen with "normal" shopping. Either way, online and drive thru both equal lazy twats.

Order it online then just pick it up on your way home from work, it would save you a fair bit of time.

Personally I think it's a great idea.

Order it online then just pick it up on your way home from work, it would save you a fair bit of time.

Personally I think it's a great idea.

Using the internet at work? Disgraceful.

It's not lazier, it's evolution. We don't call ourselves lazy for using the internet to research rather than trek to the nearest library and trawl through books.

We should.

It's not lazier, it's evolution. We don't call ourselves lazy for using the internet to research rather than trek to the nearest library and trawl through books.

In the time it takes for me to get dressed, walk to the library, look through the books, write something/stuff down, walk home and prepare to make a nice job of my rough stuff i could have found it on the internet, and made lunch/dinner.

The home delivery stuff is good, as both my parents are ooooolder than the sky. So, its good for them, they can order the stuff online or whatever and then just wait for it to get home.

This new system is also pretty good. I have a car now and my brother has one, so it means we could pop down to the store sometime and collect the stuff. Plus, I can imagine it being hell trekking around the store armed with children, or an old person.

Its another option, and options are always good. I like to actually go around the supermarket myself, I find food shopping fun. But, on the days where I'm uber busy, I might use this.

I did consider mentioning that. But I thought that if you had nothing to do the night before you could go get it yourself. Another quality assumption I know.

If you buy the same stuff every week then you can order it in about 5 clicks... taking a grand total of 2 minutes...