NEurope
ReZourceman

The Inbetweeners

Well I'm glad they aren't making another series. Me and my girlfriend always have this debate about how short by comparison UK series are to US series she thinks it sucks I think it upholds quality. Look at The Office, in my view there isn't a single bad episode of the UK one but the US one is actually rubbish now and there have been a fair share of poor episodes.

At least the UK know when to stop, unlike America. If people watch something over there, they will keep making it. At least in the UK, they stop production when the producers believe the show has run it's course.

At least the UK know when to stop, unlike America. If people watch something over there, they will keep making it. At least in the UK, they stop production when the producers believe the show has run it's course.

Yes...in the US/Canada once a show is syndicated it's gonna last for years. That's not to say there aren't UK series that havn't been enlongated past their sell by date....Only Fools and Horses should never have come back for those final 3 episodes for example.

Yes...in the US/Canada once a show is syndicated it's gonna last for years. That's not to say there aren't UK series that havn't been enlongated past their sell by date....Only Fools and Horses should never have come back for those final 3 episodes for example.

True. I don't mind the spin-offs (Rock and Chips, Green Green Grass) but i don't think the 3 specials of fools a few years ago should have been made. The ending of the Trotters becoming millionaires should have been it.

And even though i am a Red Dwarf fan, there is a part of me that says they shouldn't be making more. Not that i won't watch them or anything, but they should have changed the ending of VIII.

True. I don't mind the spin-offs (Rock and Chips, Green Green Grass) but i don't think the 3 specials of fools a few years ago should have been made. The ending of the Trotters becoming millionaires should have been it.

And even though i am a Red Dwarf fan, there is a part of me that says they shouldn't be making more. Not that i won't watch them or anything, but they should have changed the ending of VIII.

I hated Green Green Grass....I was really happy with the Red Dwarf come back episodes but being a huge fan of Bladerunner kind of helped. They seem to be making the right moves like moving back to infront of live studio audience.

I hated Green Green Grass....I was really happy with the Red Dwarf come back episodes but being a huge fan of Bladerunner kind of helped. They seem to be making the right moves like moving back to infront of live studio audience.

True, and at least no-one has spoiled the episodes. It was an issue the cast and crew were trying to overcome, when they filmed VIII the internet hadn't taken off as it has now. So leaking of eps was minimal. Now with the likes of twitter and facebook, it could have been tricky to prevent it. But somehow, it seems to have worked. The new series was filmed back in January/February and i havn't heard a peep from anyone concerning the content of the episodes.

The spin-offs to 'fools were decent, not brilliant but they were decent. Something to watch on a Sunday afternoon i guess.

True, and at least no-one has spoiled the episodes. It was an issue the cast and crew were trying to overcome, when they filmed VIII the internet hadn't taken off as it has now. So leaking of eps was minimal. Now with the likes of twitter and facebook, it could have been tricky to prevent it. But somehow, it seems to have worked. The new series was filmed back in January/February and i havn't heard a peep from anyone concerning the content of the episodes.

The spin-offs to 'fools were decent, not brilliant but they were decent. Something to watch on a Sunday afternoon i guess.

Rock and Chips was good I think it fleshed out stuff in a pretty dramatic way. Green Green Grass though was terrible comedy just very cliched and none of the new characters were great at all.

The worst thing of all is an american remake is now being produced with this man as Del;

Johnleguizamo.jpg

So weird....I get the feeling the Sullivan estate maybe sold the rights and that John Sullivan may not have agreed to it had he still been alive.

Anyway on the Red Dwarf issue they made people sign papers to say they wouldn't realise anything, if you dig around though you can find quite a few blogs posts that post info without being spoilery though.

Rock and Chips was good I think it fleshed out stuff in a pretty dramatic way. Green Green Grass though was terrible comedy just very cliched and none of the new characters were great at all.

The worst thing of all is an american remake is now being produced with this man as Del;

Johnleguizamo.jpg

So weird....I get the feeling the Sullivan estate maybe sold the rights and that John Sullivan may not have agreed to it had he still been alive.

A Picard facepalm won't do, but this will

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

From what i heard, it was being sorted out whilst Sullivan was alive. If that is true, then it was a sell-out. The Office and Red Dwarf are two other UK sitcoms i know that went to America. Red Dwarf failed, the Office currently isn't good either.

Anyway on the Red Dwarf issue they made people sign papers to say they wouldn't realise anything, if you dig around though you can find quite a few blogs posts that post info without being spoilery though.

Fair enough then, i don't intend to dig around for spoilers. I'm going in to this clean.

A Picard facepalm won't do, but this will

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

From what i heard, it was being sorted out whilst Sullivan was alive. If that is true, then it was a sell-out. The Office and Red Dwarf are two other UK sitcoms i know that went to America. Red Dwarf failed, the Office currently isn't good either.

Fair enough then, i don't intend to dig around for spoilers. I'm going in to this clean.

It's a good job it failed otherwise our version would have died...they had no plans to produce both.

It's a good job it failed otherwise our version would have died...they had no plans to produce both.

True, the cast wern't happy either. I think it was only going to be Robert Llewellyn and Chris Barrie* being cast to the American version. Leaving Craig and Danny jobless.

*Chris was asked to join, if the series had picked up.

I think it mainly failed due to the scripts being crap, the guy who was cast as Lister was crap. And the fact they re-cast the Cat role so many times it wasn't funny anymore.

Thats from what i can recall from watching the documentary of this on the series V DVD. Originally, series V was going to be the last series before the American version was launched. I'm glad it failed, otherwise we would have missed what i regard the great series of VI and the Anniversary specials.

True, the cast wern't happy either. I think it was only going to be Robert Llewellyn and Chris Barrie* being cast to the American version. Leaving Craig and Danny jobless.

*Chris was asked to join, if the series had picked up.

I think it mainly failed due to the scripts being crap, the guy who was cast as Lister was crap. And the fact they re-cast the Cat role so many times it wasn't funny anymore.

Thats from what i can recall from watching the documentary of this on the series V DVD. Originally, series V was going to be the last series before the American version was launched. I'm glad it failed, otherwise we would have missed what i regard the great series of VI and the Anniversary specials.

The scripts were same as the UK version, the pilot was a rehashed mix...The guy who played Lister turned down the role of Joey in Friends deciding Red Dwarf was a better option.

The scripts were same as the UK version, the pilot was a rehashed mix...The guy who played Lister turned down the role of Joey in Friends deciding Red Dwarf was a better option.

Hmm, similar scripts yes. Kryten was featured in the pilot ep, but not in the UK version. That guy should have gone to be Joey, would have been better for him.

This ep is hard to find, it's like the CD-I Zelda's are to the main games really.

Hmm, similar scripts yes. Kryten was featured in the pilot ep, but not in the UK version. That guy should have gone to be Joey, would have been better for him.

This ep is hard to find, it's like the CD-I Zelda's are to the main games really.

yeah they worked kryten in pretty well...I've got the episode on bootleg video somewhere. It's been sold at conventions down the years.

yeah they worked kryten in pretty well...I've got the episode on bootleg video somewhere. It's been sold at conventions down the years.

They Youtube'd it as well, thats how i watched it. It's alright the ep, nothing special though.

They Youtube'd it as well, thats how i watched it. It's alright the ep, nothing special though.

Wait you said it was hard to find?! Youtube is hardly hard to search and use lol :indeed:

It was hard to find, all 3 parts of it that is. Before Youtube, it was hard to find though.

It was hard to find, all 3 parts of it that is. Before Youtube, it was hard to find though.

But you said is hard to find....like it still is, type in red dwarf usa and all 3 parts are literally there within the first 5 results.

But you said is hard to find....like it still is, type in red dwarf usa and all 3 parts are literally there within the first 5 results.

Ok, i meant hard to find a hard taped copy of it.

It's not like the British original was all that great to begin with, so the bar is set pretty low.

Ha! On youtube it has 273 dislikes, and only 4 likes.

Funny enough, I watched an episode/part of an episode yesterday (the UK series) and didn't find it anywhere near as funny as I thought it was before. Can't really see it standing the test of time all that much.

Are highschools in America really like what the media portrays of them?

This high school would be better if there were more guns.

Edited by Dog-amoto

My friend who moved here from America says they aren't