N-Europe

Advertising Woes

Cube

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the Frosties Kid tried to kill himself after being bullied for that add :/

Anyway, so many crappy adds which aren't as much annoying as they are just bad. Those cleaning product adds drive me nuts, just over the simple fact that some business woman randomly enters your house out of nowhere yet the owner of the house is happy because their clothes are clean! What!?

I remember a while ago, the one add that drove me crazy was that Jessica Simpson one for some face cream to help your skin. In the add, she talks like "Well, when I was young I had such bad skin and I got so embarrassed especially when I had to do a concert or sign auto-graphs...but now my life is perfect because I used ______ cream *big fake smile *" Argh!! The worst part was that it lasted for over 4 minutes long :(

Enough with annoying adds though. One of the best things ever :D ...

Oh and the amount of sexism against men in adds is shocking!

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry Diageo, I think we both wrote our comments at the same time so I didn't see yours

The girls from Sheila's Wheels actually performed live at a club night held by my Uni a couple of years back.

Good going Bournemouth University.

Our uni got the Hollyoaks rejects, and a member from 5IVE (I forget which).

Personally I don't mind the Go Compare/Webuyanycar adverts. I find them no more annoying than a lot of other music but I find everyone else's reactions of disgust and hatred more amusing so I like pestering them with it.

Ah Envirophone. No one gives a shit about helping the environment, they want the money. Plain and simple.

And I daresay the only way you'll recieve anywhere near £150 is if it's the latest model you bought earlier that day for £400. Even the black dude looks like he's about to crack up he knows the bullshit he's spouting.

Fuckers offered me £2.85 for my phone.

Someone doesn't watch ReZourcemanDaily. :(

That's the understatement of the century.

OMG.

The Sainsburys advert with the teenager who wants to buy a CD but the mum says no.

Teenagers don't buys CDs (read: Music) anymore.

I agree. Plus as if that relatively hot sales assistant would really fancy him.

That music he got was shit as well

Looking back at that Sheila's Wheels ad, if women really drove like that then no wonder they pay more for the insurance.

The thing that annoyed me the most was the line, "For ladies who insure their cars." What so there are women driving around with no insurance? Also why would you need to advertise that car insurance is for people who insure their cars? If they didn't insure there cars then they wouldn't go to you anyway.

The Nokia N96? Was that recently?

Because you could get £72.03 worth of Wonga from Envirophone.

EDIT: They'll give me £11.04 for my phone. Score.

I just checked mine, 135.12, scoooore.

But it was £200 on a contract...(and worth about £500 new) bit of a con really

oh yes, i freakin love the dell ads. the "lollipop" one =D

Yeah that advert is really fucked up.

As Victoria Coren pointed out 'Pepsi Max. For the clever rapist.'

I can never make my mind up on that drink. Half the time it taste nice, the other times it taste like dishwater.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!