Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

Damn, I just remembered I'll also be away for a week, starting Saturday. I hope I can find someone to replace me for that week. Or I'll send epic targets, too.

Maybe I can be the one to predict the day where Ellmeister and Dannyboy happen to be online at the same time :heh:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that would be epic :D. In fact, there’s nothing stopping us from preparing targets in advance ;). I’ll go make a fortune teller mafia or something.

Still though, he’ll only be gone for a week, 2 he'll probably miss 2 nights at most. 2 nights doing something randomly is better than 2 nights doing nothing, and unless he gets killed / lynched, he’ll be able to tell us anything that happened to him and because of him and is relevant when he gets back.

I'm surely about due to run a mafia I booked ages ago (think it was 'DC Mafia') and while I've been planning that (it will feature completely new mechanics never seen before which need thorough thinking about), I've got an X-Men Mafia 2 practically ready.

Can I do sign-ups for that now? I dunno the queue/list, but yeah, I had one 'booked' so to speak a while ago.

Yeah you did have that DC mafia in the list a while ago so you're due a game. I don't know if you want to wait until after the Pokémafia finishes though because with MadDog's game that'd be 3 running and people seem to not like lots of games... losers!

Yeah you did have that DC mafia in the list a while ago so you're due a game. I don't know if you want to wait until after the Pokémafia finishes though because with MadDog's game that'd be 3 running and people seem to not like lots of games... losers!

It's not that we can't run more games at once if people really want to, it's just that fewer people will likely participate if they're already busy with other games - and it's always too bad when people have to miss out on games.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Yay happy a new mafia started! It's the only one I'm in/will be in for the next while it seems, so I needed it. =P

Just gotta say with the meet-up I won't be around for the weekend (Friday through Sunday), but I guess that'll be the case for a few people attending.

Currently active Mafia Games

Bare Bones Mafia II - Taking Over Dystopia (By Dyson)

Pokémafia X : The Tournament of Champions (By ReZourceman)

The D.I.Y. Video Game Mafia (By MadDog)

Currently Signing up

X-men mafia part 2 (by Paj!)

Signing Up Soon

The Ace Attorney Mafia (By Jonnas)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Pokémafia 11 : Gold and Silver (By ReZourceman)

Medieval Mafia (By The Peeps)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

Advance Wars Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Rage Comic Ultimate Edition X (By Esequiel)

Fire Emblem Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Dune Mafia (By Yvonne)

LOST Mafia (By Tales)

Scream Mafia (By Dazz)

Announced, Highly Anticipated and Unscheduled

The Gentlemen's Mafia III (By Jonnas)

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire (By ReZourceman)

I don't like the way people make judgements based on things like "this is how you normally behave in a mafia" or "this person doesn't normally forget a target".

I haven't done any mafias but shouldn't they be done "in character"? You shouldn't be talking about external factors or referring to it as a game or discussing the rules... I know I've done much fewer mafias than you guys but it just seems like a less engaging way to approach it.

Thinking better about this, my recent post in the DIY mafia should've been here. Apologies, I shall try to not derail that thread with talk about the nature of mafia games again.

And I suppose Shorty has a point. Obviously, nobody should use such arguments to accuse someone, but those factors exist, and they entice our mild suspicions. If the player is mafia, it grows into something more, but it's just a tiny starting point, the lynch comes from nightly actions, daily game-related conversations and suspicions. Such outside comments and behaviour provide us with a starting point at most.

It gets annoying being type cast in these games, and you will find that in every game where people say I'm mafia I have been town and the only game I was ever actually mafia in I was killed by nintendohnut the vigalante without anyone even suspecting me.

It gets annoying being type cast in these games, and you will find that in every game where people say I'm mafia I have been town and the only game I was ever actually mafia in I was killed by nintendohnut the vigalante without anyone even suspecting me.

It happens. At one point, people will stop seeing your behaviour as suspicious. And then they'll start again. It happened with Dannyboy, ReZ, Nintendohnut, etc.

Yeah but I literally knew you mafia in that one, it was just a gamble as to whether or not you were the mafia member I needed to kill. In the end you weren't but I totally called you out based on you behavior (I had no other info in that game) and the way you talking n the thread. It was different to how you normally talk in the games, and once I noticed that it was obvious from what you were saying :p

At least you see a difference!

In the 007 game i felt like an awesome shot of awesome when gathering info about people, only to be shot down or wanting info!

In the SSBB game i begged people to vote for peeps but they didnt and he won (and i was still right about zell being neutral).

In gentlemans i thought i was home free!

Damned if i do, damned if i dont :)

To be honest, meta-gaming is all part of the game as far as I’m concerned. Up to the player to change his or her habits and behaviour or not, or even better, make use of assumptions!

I know some people don’t like it, but I have no problem with it.

To be honest, meta-gaming is all part of the game as far as I’m concerned. Up to the player to change his or her habits and behaviour or not, or even better, make use of assumptions!

I know some people don’t like it, but I have no problem with it.

My exact views on the issue. It isn't a roleplaying game, it's a tactical game in which behaviour and deception are key components; even if we tried to roleplay and stay in-universe, it'd be impossible to separate game from meta-game. Rules can be enforced on technical things like not posting PMs or talking outside the thread, but it's impossible to enforce people's way of playing the game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!