N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play it but I haven't played Phoenix Wright so won't know the characters.

Don't worry about it. It should take place in some sort of alternate universe where all the characters co-exist, look the same and possess similar personalities to the "canon" ones, except that the main storyline and any personal histories haven't happened, and are different.

This way, we can have Mia Fey and Apollo Justice in the same game, for example (Clarification: Apollo Justice was born some time after Mia Fey died, in the official games)

The downside to this is that I haven't properly played AJ (though I know the basic gist of it) and never touched AAI. I'll figure something out, though.

Anyway, I might use the spot I have reserved for the Robot Mafia, if this goes through. But it's too soon to tell.

I've drawn/drawing up a couple of ideas for an epic fantasy mafia game, with a view to an epic storyline (akin to Gentlemens) but would love to co-run it with someone for double the fun. Who would like to co-run it with me?

I think I might only play in "epic" mafias from now on. Normal mafias just don't do it for me anymore! :p

Meanwhile, I just had an idea for a Phoenix Wright mafia, but it's still on the drawing board. Would anyone be interested?

OHMYGODYES

Don't worry about it. It should take place in some sort of alternate universe where all the characters co-exist, look the same and possess similar personalities to the "canon" ones, except that the main storyline and any personal histories haven't happened, and are different.

This way, we can have Mia Fey and Apollo Justice in the same game, for example (Clarification: Apollo Justice was born some time after Mia Fey died, in the official games)

The downside to this is that I haven't properly played AJ (though I know the basic gist of it) and never touched AAI. I'll figure something out, though.

Anyway, I might use the spot I have reserved for the Robot Mafia, if this goes through. But it's too soon to tell.

I'm still only about two thirds through the second PW game (though I already know most of the major characters of the series, at least by name), so I'm glad it won't contain spoilers. :)

Currently active Mafia Games

The Gentlemens Mafia II (By Jonnas)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

Norse Mythology Mafia (By Tales) ~After May~

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Video Game Mafia (Title TBC) (By MadDog)

Pokémafia X (title to be revealed, special tenth anniversary game) (By ReZourceman)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Pokémafia 11 (title to be revealed) (By ReZourceman)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantast Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

TBC Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

Title-to-be-revealed Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

I have realised/it transpires that I have three games in sign up....if people doth protest/wanna call me out then...yeah. Eyc.

Also in Pokemafia news.

Pokemafia X - Tenth Anniversary special - TITLE TO BE REVEALED THIS WEEK! Strap in for an incredibly fun but also straight forward game. Call it a restrained yet humourful and frantic expedition into the world of the Pokemafia!

And then, watch out for Pokemafia 11 : Gold and Silver! Introducing exciting new elements into the Pokemafia series, emulating new mechanics that came with the Gold and Silver video games! Convuluted and epicly powerful roles are aplenty, with brand new powers and abilities, this Pokemafia will surely not be one to miss and has been tipped as "The best Pokemafia ever" by ReZourceman.

BONUS!

Exclusive first look at Mr-Paul and ReZourceman's epic mafia.

Peepstorn, The Heart Ripper [Fucking G.m,afia scumnag] [Filthy mother fucking traitor]

You are a filthy cunt traitor, and if you are the target of investigation, the investigator will be told as much.

Edited by ReZourceman

lol I love how your pokémafias have got a Marvel-style reboot. Back to the origins and carry on from there!

lmao @ automerged post

I hope that's my real role

betrayal.jpg

(courtesy of heroicjanitor)

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, can someone start a new game?

All this talk about epic mafia games makes me want to scratch mine. Mine doesn't feel epic :(

I kinda enjoy smaller ones, where everything feels petite and worth your money though. Like, I hate how big games it feels like you have to invest so much time and effort. My favourite game ever was only 12 players, and only lasted like 6 days, but felt so compact and everyone had a great opinion on the matter.

mr-paul and I were talking yesterday that we should consider a new system -

For example;

When X number of people have been killed in the combined current mafia games, a new game can be started.

At the moment there are some people dead in both who will be waiting ages!

A) If a GM is willing to run it, fine.

B) If a player is willing to play in upto three...fine.

C) If a player doesn't want to play, thats fine....but they shouldn't kick up a fuss at another game starting.

What do we think?

I don't think any specific rules are necessary. Try to keep the number of running games to a minimum, to cater to those who like to play each and any of them, but if enough people here are requesting a new game, I'd say: "go ahead".

I think the queue is enough, including the general guideline of "2 games at once".

But if people are eager to run a game, and people in this thread are clamoring for one.. I don't see the need to restrain yourself :p. Supply & demand!

Edit:

Run an animal mafia.

Edit:

And sign me up for the queue with some sort of DIY game. For real this time. I'm thinking of mashing several ideas of mine together to one theme. It'll be more simple and manageable than my last one.

Edited by Sméagol