N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

Can I just say that roles are taking shape rather epically. I'm working on a couple now that will be completely awesome which I'm quite looking forward to, but they are all pretty good. I'm pretty excited overall :D

@ The Peeps: I think if you fucked Roger Moore he'd have a heart attack at this point. But hey, if it's what you want...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised that my Firefly game is too easy for the town - with such a limited amount of characters it makes it way too easy to roleclaim, and it would leave nobody for the mafia to roleclaim as.

However, all the roles are still in place - I just have a small setback and I'm going to use made-up characters. It's still set in the Firefly universe and may or may not have some of the real characters in it.

I had a similar problem with the 007 mafia. I've decided to use some more obscure characters as well as the mainstream ones, because if would be impossible for the mafia otherwise. Luckily there are like 70+ support characters over the James Bond series so there is plenty to choose from. But yeah, right there with you, man.

I'm doing an apocalyptical game btw :P

Ah it's not down in the list but I do recall you saying about it now you mention it.

No doubt yours will be 10 times better if the mafiawesome is anything to judge it by, but I think mine will end up being a few games after yours so I'm sure there's room for both :)

Wait, two other guys are considering doing post-apocalyptic mafias...? :hmm:

At least mine will be different enough. I am considering making a mafia based on the anime Casshern Sins, which is a post-apocalyptic world, featuring robots.

Obviously, it's being done with those who haven't seen the series in mind, and I already got a few nice ideas here. I just need to know if you guys would be interested in such a theme, considering The Peeps and Jayseven are doing something post-apocalyptic too.

I am afraid that some of my new ideas do not quite work in a Gentlemanly world. A new setting will be needed, but I am still undecided...

Post-apocalyptic world, or Nordic Mythology? Vanilla, or with source material?

Either way, do not put me in the queue until the Gents are finished.

OT: I was thinking of doing a post-apocalyptic mafia for my next one, Jonnas, but as to which type of apocalypse... two of them :P
I've not given it much more thought - I tend to think more and more about it as the time arrives to do it, and then hash together a 'structure' a couple of days beforehand. Which is why it's always such a bloody mess.

Mine is a mash up of very generic disaster movie themes. I think each of ours will be different enough for people to enjoy each one.

I've still got my Heroes mafia to do first anyway so I don't expect this one to go ahead anytime soon - though I have all my roles written I still need to go over everything at least 10 more times :laughing:

I'm considering doing a Star Trek themed one at some point. I know it's geeky, but there's a rich universe ready to go with all sorts of races and allegiances. I'd probably not be very accurate to the lore -- but then I think mafias are best when there is little external info to help shade the characters.

I have my heroes mafia ready and waiting lol... I can be a last resort if there's no one ready...

Hopefully Nintendohnut is finished though ;D was hoping you'd have yours done though Cube :( I'm looking forward to it

Edited by The Peeps