N-Europe

Bioshock: Infinite

Dyson

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently waiting on this to come in the post, any minute now...

Well forget that, no post today... I guess it'll all arrive tomorrow - Bioshock included or I get money from ShopTo - now I'm wondering why I agreed to work overtime tomorrow. :/

Well forget that, no post today... I guess it'll all arrive tomorrow - Bioshock included or I get money from ShopTo - now I'm wondering why I agreed to work overtime tomorrow. :/

Bad call indeed. Got 4 days off this weekend, so plenty of gamings to be had.

Did anyone try the Industrial Revolution Puzzle game that you get with pre-ordering the game? Seems to effect the story and give you unlockables for the game.

After many hours, I finally completed all 59 puzzles. It seems what you unlock for doing the whole lot is just a bit of lore so I am not too impressed really but whatever, it was fun and indeed did last me till the game unlocks on steam in another 8 hours or so.

Oh, you also get some facebook and twitter cover photos.

where, pray, was this sneaky deal? Local hmv game and blockbuster all closed, and I want to play it at launch as I've got a few days off work.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

It's the PC version and you have a 20GBish download before you can play. If you pre-order on Steam (£29.99) you can pre-load.

Edit: For the console version, ShopTo would be the best option.

Edited by Cube

It supposedly gives you a code when the game is out to get some in-game stuff.

Yeah I got that code but am still not sure what was unlocked.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

It's the PC version and you have a 20GBish download before you can play. If you pre-order on Steam (£29.99) you can pre-load.

Edit: For the console version, ShopTo would be the best option.

The one for greenmangaming uses Steam so you can pre-load it when the code is sent, which doesn't matter much now seeing as the game has been unlocked and codes sent out hours ago.

EDIT: Ok looks like you get some cash, lockpicks and some stat altering equipment as well as some media profiles for completing the Industrial Revolution puzzles.

Edited by Deathjam

Just bought the game (PS3 version) for 40€ in a local store (came with a free notebook :D ). Can't complain.

Arrived at Columbia. My god, it is so colourful. I take my time taking everything in.

Thank god I haven't watched anything at all before playing the game. The art style is simply breathtaking.

Edited by drahkon

Get it.

Been playing it for 40 minutes and spent more time on exploration and admiring the scenery than on progressing.

Also had my first enemy encounter. Holy shit, that was intense.

Bioshock Infite kicks every other shooter's ass, so far.

Augh, the original Bioshock left me with a sour taste in my mouth (such a lazy third quarter) and I sent the sequel back to Lovefilm after playing it for a couple of hours and realising it provided nothing new. Infinite, however, looks incredibly fresh and interesting. Worth a rent at least!

I was going to hold off until I could afford this, but with these kinda scores......

Same here. I was holding off till I'd beaten Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem at least and maybe some other backlog. However with those scores money and older games don't matter so much.

My copy arrived...

... literally right before I had to go to work this morning. :(

But I'm glad that I now have it, forget Gears, this is surely going to be a prime contender for Game of the Year I'm sure and I haven't even played it yet. :heh:

Seriously looking forward to playing this. :)

The game is amazing so far. It looks beautiful, the atmosphere is astounding, there's a ton of stuff to learn.

Elizabeth is already my favourite "sidekick" character. She has a wonderful personality, and her facial expressions are brilliantly done.

PIh3quX.jpg

ybzaxkS.jpg

Gm8crs1.jpg

EweLMej.jpg

az85dx0.jpg

W2uLPcQ.jpg

oacYgYc.jpg

seiyVs0.jpg

Am I the only one who has been unimpressed by this so far? I played for about 2-3 odd hours the other day (got up to just after getting the flame power) on Hard mode and the game is rubbing me the wrong way. There seems to be little actual gameplay involved (at least at the start of the game), the AI was so brain dead stupid that I could literally stand still and just hit the melee button when they got near me and take no damage, loot is so abundant that it might as well just have regen health and infinite money, the level design seems entirely linear - with more focus on spectacle than exploration and there have already been several sections where I could literally put the controller down and watch my possessed turrets dispatch my enemies by itself.

That being said, the guns do feel much better than in the first Bioshock. They have a nice weighty and meaty feel to them and the sound effects have that punch that makes the shots have a nice feel of impact (though I did let out an audible groan when I saw the COD iron sights view...)

Feels like they've taken the worst parts of modern AAA gaming and incoporated them into Bioshock. I hope my instincts are wrong on this one and that the game gets better later on (the opposite of Bioshock - funny considering that the narrative is also designed to be polar opposite of its predecessor!). Either way I just found out how to unlock 1999 mode without finishing the game, so I'm gonna start again on that difficulty (hopefully that'll fix some of my issues with the game)

Edited by Dcubed

Well, it's all good so far. Put an hour or so into it when i got home.

When i mentioned about the lighthouse from the 1st game appearing in the trailer, it's right at the start. The sky world, no idea what to call it/can't remember what it's called looks amazing graphically. So many vibrant colours, probably why i spent half hour just walking around admiring the view. Learned the possesion skill, so have moved into the "locked" off area of the fayre.

It's a candidate for "Game of the Year" thats for sure.

the AI was so brain dead stupid that I could literally stand still and just hit the melee button when they got near me and take no damage

there have already been several sections where I could literally put the controller down and watch my possessed turrets dispatch my enemies by itself.

Really? Whenever I possess a turret it gets shot down in like 5 seconds only killing one or two enemies. The rest is then up to me.

And I always panic as soon as I see an enemy right in my face, because unlike your experience, I can never just stand still and hit the melee button without taking damage. I always get hit. Maybe it's because I'm too slow (which I highly doubt :p ) or unlucky ;)

loot is so abundant that it might as well just have regen health and infinite money

So far this isn't an issue. I need all the Salt and Health I can find and it's nice to have loot lying around in the midst of battles. And money? Well, there's lots of it, but vigor upgrades cost around 1500$, and I only once had enough to buy one (I didn't get it, though).

Maybe I just suck at this game and I appreciate all the help I can get :D

Oh and Elizabeth is kinda cute :p

The best thing about Elizabeth is the way she actually interacts with the environment. She'll be stooped down looking at a piece of parchment on the floor or leaning over a parapet taking in the sights. So many times you'll walk in a room just to check out how she'll react to it. Brilliant character.

I'm finding my health going down quite quickly in some situations. Finding salt in battles isn't the easiest thing to do, so you only get two possessions until you find more. I prefer the crow one anyway, so I only use the possession on vending machines.

Vigor upgrades are also expensive so you don't have too much money.

I do love the gear. I was expecting just small stat improvements: At the moment mine are all melee related

- Chance of a critical hit.

- Chance of the enemy bursting into flames.

- Get health form melee hits.

- Lunging attack.

Ok, so I tried 1999 mode... It does make a big difference! There are more enemies about, they're more aggressive and they take away about a third of your health with every melee hit :) Also possession doesn't seem to last as long.

Loot still seems to be quite abundant though but I am hurting for more Salt though as it encourages you to make use of your powers moreso with the addition of more enemies.

Feeling a bit better about the game now :)

Edited by Dcubed